Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Nice budget you have there, though its not advisable to immediately fork out a large amount for a earpiece without knowing what is your baseline. (Speaking from my personal experience) There is a huge amount of choices and many offer incredible value and sound, even beating the expensive ones.

Soundpeats truedots is currently the most recommended entry level true wireless earbuds (hence referred to as tws). It satisfy most users' needs and may meet your requirement without unnecessarily forking out a high amount.

Its currently on 'sale' at Popular for $39.90. (But got to check if they still have stocks, as they are very popular)

After experiencing what these budget earpieces can offer, then you can consider the higher ends, if required (though most of the higher ends may improve sound quality subjectively depending on individual preference, battery life or have better designs. Truedots already has good sound.)

Its ok to own more than 1 pieces, since when 1 ran out of battery, you still have another. Useful for long trips. Truedots is ultra portable so there is no issues to carrying it as a backup.

Hi all

Sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread.

I am looking for recommendation for earbuds / headphones.

I have been browsing through the different threads in this forum and can see that ear buds seems to be a popular choice among all the people here?

I will be using it mainly for daily uses (Mrt / Bus / walking) and occasional travels (1/2 times per year). I will not be using it for exercises.

Base on the above point, do you guys think it is better for earbuds / headphones?

Will it be better to get ANC? I do understand that ANC do not fully block MRT.

But i would prefer peace and quiet on the train.

I am not an Audiophile. Neither my brain nor my ear knows anything in the "sound world"

The music I listen to is mostly "sad songs" (Eg: Eric Chou / JJ Lin etc)

Budget wise will be below 500.

I do understand that the best thing to do is to test everything on my own.

However, I have once tried to go stereo at DG but the guy there made me seem like i owe him a million dollar.

Do let me know if you guys need any more information in order to better recommend me .

Thanks in advance

Also, with regards to noise cancellation, none of the current true wireless earbuds offer effective noise cancellation comparable to the actual ANC headphones. The technology is simply not there yet. Even when wearing airpods pro in your room, u can still hear people vacuuming in the other rooms if the doors are kept open.

Since headphones are an option for u, u might want to check out the reviews below. Since your budget is high, you can consider Sony or Bose ANC headphones too. Though we should not discuss further in this thread since this thread is more abt tws earbuds.

https://medium.com/@scarbir/best-cheap-active-noise-cancelling-headphones-under-100-e965dad626bc
 
Last edited:

Hellos!

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Thanks for all your recommendation and advise.

My initial plan was to get a headphone (Bose qc / Sony) so that I can have a better ANC on flight and hence I have such a big budget set aside.

However, upon reading and thinking about the usage of the item, it seems that the buds should be more practical as they are much smaller for my daily commute.

Just one more quick question, does buds feel uncomfortable over long hours of usage (say long hours flight to europe etc.)?

Nice budget you have there, though its not advisable to immediately fork out a large amount for a earpiece without knowing what is your baseline. (Speaking from my personal experience) There is a huge amount of choices and many offer incredible value and sound, even beating the expensive ones.

Soundpeats truedots is currently the most recommended entry level true wireless earbuds (hence referred to as tws). It satisfy most users' needs and may meet your requirement without unnecessarily forking out a high amount.

Its currently on 'sale' at Popular for $39.90. (But got to check if they still have stocks, as they are very popular)

After experiencing what these budget earpieces can offer, then you can consider the higher ends, if required (though most of the higher ends may improve sound quality subjectively depending on individual preference, battery life or have better designs. Truedots already has good sound.)

Its ok to own more than 1 pieces, since when 1 ran out of battery, you still have another. Useful for long trips. Truedots is ultra portable so there is no issues to carrying it as a backup.

Thanks for thinking about my wallet.

I will do more research on your recommendation to decide if I should forgo the functionality of a more expensive buds (ANC in particular) or to have it as a backup.

Sorry to hear about your less than enjoyable experience at Stereo. I feel the same - the staff there are quite stuck up and not that friendly when entertaining customers' queries.

For your (high) budget, and not particular about the technicalities you could get a decent set from Sony (wf1000xm3) which is like a good overall pair of buds with practical features like decent battery life, anc, etc. Also you don't use it for exercise so it's okay.

Otherwise if you appreciate high quality audio, can wait for sennheiser true wireless 2 which should come in April or May.

If you're the kind that goes for quirkiness and class, can even get the Master and Dynamic MW07 plus.

Honestly your budget can buy almost any high end ear buds out there. Maybe those guys at Stereo needs to see your cash before advising you the right way.

To digress a little, I did not expect someone to be on the same boat as me. Most of the time whenever i read this forum, people will be recommending to go down to test. The irony at Stereo is that I got a better service when I asked for a $20 earpiece than when I ask for a 4xx Headphones.. Maybe my face just screams poor...

Anyway, back to topic.

I will consider the buds that you have recommended but should be giving Master and Dynamic MW07 plus a miss (I have read that ANC on this bud is not that good as compared to others. Even though ANC is not on the top of the list, I would still very much wish to have one. And at the price point of this bud, it will definitely not be suitable to be a spare buds for me).

Sony for android and AirPods pro for iphone

Well noted. Mine is an Android
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
For effective ANC, headphones are still your best bet.

You can get both. ANC headphones for flights and a cheaper tws for daily commute. Just do not expect any of the tws to block out MRT noises. They cannot at this point in time.
 

Hellos!

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
For effective ANC, headphones are still your best bet.

You can get both. ANC headphones for flights and a cheaper tws for daily commute. Just do not expect any of the tws to block out MRT noises. They cannot at this point in time.

Thanks for replying really quickly.

I have just found out that buds does not have a long battery life and was about to edit my post only to saw your reply.

With what you have just mentioned, i guess i will have to reconsider if anc is really a must for me to have.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Thanks for replying really quickly.

I have just found out that buds does not have a long battery life and was about to edit my post only to saw your reply.

With what you have just mentioned, i guess i will have to reconsider if anc is really a must for me to have.

Hmm.. there are buds like creative outlier gold which offer 14 hrs of battery life, or even the galaxy buds plus that offer 10hrs+ on a single charge. But don't take them recommendations as they have other issues....:s13: (Oops. Correction. I should not say 'issues', but rather, compromises.)

Battery life has improved a lot in a lot of new tws models.

Take your time to consider. Most impt is to understand your baseline and what you really need.
 
Last edited:

ParkJinYoung

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
107,675
Reaction score
4,724
Hi all

Sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread.

I am looking for recommendation for earbuds / headphones.

I have been browsing through the different threads in this forum and can see that ear buds seems to be a popular choice among all the people here?

I will be using it mainly for daily uses (Mrt / Bus / walking) and occasional travels (1/2 times per year). I will not be using it for exercises.

Base on the above point, do you guys think it is better for earbuds / headphones?

Will it be better to get ANC? I do understand that ANC do not fully block MRT.

But i would prefer peace and quiet on the train.

I am not an Audiophile. Neither my brain nor my ear knows anything in the "sound world"

The music I listen to is mostly "sad songs" (Eg: Eric Chou / JJ Lin etc)

Budget wise will be below 500.

I do understand that the best thing to do is to test everything on my own.

However, I have once tried to go stereo at DG but the guy there made me seem like i owe him a million dollar.

Do let me know if you guys need any more information in order to better recommend me .

Thanks in advance
Mpow T5

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
 

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
58,019
Reaction score
5
Thanks for replying really quickly.

I have just found out that buds does not have a long battery life and was about to edit my post only to saw your reply.

With what you have just mentioned, i guess i will have to reconsider if anc is really a must for me to have.

What phone are you using btw
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,394
Reaction score
3,673
Popular also sale this.. But no aptx..
MARQFjx.jpg


Those want the true dot. Imm still have.
 

Hellos!

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Hmm.. there are buds like creative outlier gold which offer 14 hrs of battery life, or even the galaxy buds plus that offer 10hrs+ on a single charge. But don't take them recommendations as they have other issues....:s13: (Oops. Correction. I should not say 'issues', but rather, compromises.)

Battery life has improved a lot in a lot of new tws models.

Take your time to consider. Most impt is to understand your baseline and what you really need.

I went to 3 different popular earlier.

I could not find the one you recommended

Not sure if i am blind or it is oos in the 3 outlets.

I saw that lazada is having sale for the item.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.kRy4

But browsing earlier pages, you guys have mentioned to get the one aptx.

The one in lazada does not even mention anything
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
I went to 3 different popular earlier.

I could not find the one you recommended

Not sure if i am blind or it is oos in the 3 outlets.

I saw that lazada is having sale for the item.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.kRy4

But browsing earlier pages, you guys have mentioned to get the one aptx.

The one in lazada does not even mention anything

Wah.. looks like a lot of branches oos.

Can try IMM like the bro mentioned.

Lazada one does not say anything and no much people had bought it. Not sure if its the right version.

If oos in most Popular, can order from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000253398152.html

I bought mine from here and its definitely the aptx version. With new user coupon, its slightly cheaper than Popular. Delivery took about 10 days for mine.
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
I went to 3 different popular earlier.

I could not find the one you recommended

Not sure if i am blind or it is oos in the 3 outlets.

I saw that lazada is having sale for the item.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.kRy4

But browsing earlier pages, you guys have mentioned to get the one aptx.

The one in lazada does not even mention anything

Not sure if enough time. Today is last day of the promo. I saw that PLQ popular still have a few sets.
 

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2001
Messages
16,080
Reaction score
50
Isn't Qoo10 cheaper or faster to get it too? :s11:

Wah.. looks like a lot of branches oos.

Can try IMM like the bro mentioned.

Lazada one does not say anything and no much people had bought it. Not sure if its the right version.

If oos in most Popular, can order from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000253398152.html

I bought mine from here and its definitely the aptx version. With new user coupon, its slightly cheaper than Popular. Delivery took about 10 days for mine.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,926
Reaction score
681
Isn't Qoo10 cheaper or faster to get it too? :s11:

on their qoo10 store listing they replied to a few queries saying,

"Hi,

Sorry but the True Dot here does not come with AptX and Volume Control.

regards
Soundpeats SG
SoundPeats Official Store 2020-03-05"

so it could be the older version. but interestingly in one their the latest customer review, it's the longer box that we're seeing from popular bookstore. So not sure if they finished clearing the older stocks and are now selling the newer version, or it's just a change in packaging and they still have both version available for sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

uKVo1Nm.png
 

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2001
Messages
16,080
Reaction score
50
ohh so the smaller squarish box is the older version & the longer/taller box is the new version

TBH, i just ordered from Qoo10 yesterday after reviewing this thread .... let's see what will turn up :D

on their qoo10 store listing they replied to a few queries saying,

"Hi,

Sorry but the True Dot here does not come with AptX and Volume Control.

regards
Soundpeats SG
SoundPeats Official Store 2020-03-05"

so it could be the older version. but interestingly in one their the latest customer review, it's the longer box that we're seeing from popular bookstore. So not sure if they finished clearing the older stocks and are now selling the newer version, or it's just a change in packaging and they still have both version available for sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

uKVo1Nm.png
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
ohh so the smaller squarish box is the older version & the longer/taller box is the new version

TBH, i just ordered from Qoo10 yesterday after reviewing this thread .... let's see what will turn up :D

To make things more confusing, the version I bought from Aliexpress is small squarish box but is the newer aptx version. :s13:

Soundpeats is a mess when it comes to this. lol

Actually, its safer to go to their ubi office, check which version it is before ordering. If its the aptx version, just order on-spot.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top