Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been testing the Baseus Encok WM01 bluetooth wireless earbuds for about a week now. This pair was bought at around $16 from Shopee Singapore, after vouchers and discounts. Currently, it has sold more than 360 sets and it has a high rating of 4.8/5 stars.

Now, I have been testing these earbuds as my daily for the past 1 week, for music, work, videos, gaming. But I am not going to be doing any technical audio tests as I do not have the appropriate setup for that. I will just be sharing my own personal views as a casual user.
First of, the basic features
  • Product name: Baseus Encok WM01
  • It comes in 6 colours: Purple, Green, Pink, Yellow, Black, White
  • Dimensions: (L) 45mm x (W) 45mm x (H) 31mm
  • Weight: Charging case: 34g, 25g. Earbud: 4.5g. 9g
  • Touch controls on earbuds.
  • No built-in volume level. Adjust overall vol. from phone/PC
  • Slight PNC
  • Earbuds: 40mAh. Charging case: 300mAh. USB-C port
  • Standby 250 hours
  • Bluetooth 5.0 connection.
  • 6mm driver.
  • 1 x Built-in mic on each earbud.
  • No mention of IPX rating.

Design & built
  • Shape and size is a bit unique. It is square in shape with curved top lid and rounded edges.
  • The sides are sloped inward slightly. The colour I got is pastel green, which is more feminine. The overall design look like a mini foundation powder.
  • Charging case is ABS material. Smooth matt finishing.
  • Scuffs and scratches are obvious due to light colour.
  • Single white LED light at the front to indicate power
  • A faint hot-stamped logo_Overall very low profile, minimalist design. Nice.
  • Earbuds design is matt finishing, follow same finished as the casing. No fingerprints magnet.
  • Touch button on each earbud.
  • The earbuds are shaped like elongated trapezoid. The top part of the earbuds have textured rubber for better grip between the fingers, as they are rather small. Half of the earbuds are exposed in the charging case, makes it very easy to take them out from the charging case with the tip of your index finger.
  • Charging case uses a magnet to keep the lid close. The magnets have good strength to keep the lid close & secure.
  • The magnets are for earbuds are pretty strong as well. But if you drop the charging case from knee height against hard surface or carpet, the impact will still cause the lid to open and the earbuds will come flying out.

Comfort & Fit
  • The earbuds are featherweight and it is very easy to forget them after putting them on.
  • It comes pre-installed with M-size soft silicon eartips. You can mix & match to get the right fit.
  • The textured rubber on the sides of the earbuds also make it very easy to adjust them on my ears. I will naturally feel for the textured rubber on the sides if I wish to adjust the earbuds accordingly.
    After wearing them for like 3-4 hour straight, I don’t feel any ear fatigue. They are very comfortable and featherweight.

Battery life
  • Earbuds rated with 40mAh
    • Close to 6hrs per charge on music at 30% vol. Mfg claimed to have 5 hrs at 70%.
    • Close to 3hrs per charge on phonecall indoors
    • Ard 2hrs per charge on phone call in noisy or outdoor environment
    • Close to 3hrs per charge on zoom/Skype call set at max vol.
    • Close to 3.5hours for mixed usage: 1.5 hours phonecall, 2hrs music
    • When it is at Low-batt, u will start to experience intermittent connection
    • The red LED light will flash once every 5 seconds
    • Solid red LED light when charging in case.
    • Right earbud tend to die slightly faster than left earbud, by around an hour faster.
  • Charging case rated with 300mAh
    • Up to 250 hours standby time (If totally not in use)
    • Recharge both earbuds up to 3 times. Giving up to 20 hours total usage.
    • Able to charge the earbuds independently, up to 6 times. White LED to indicate charging
    • Take than less 60mins to charge the earbuds from 0-100
    • Case takes around 1.5hrs to be fully charged via USB-C. Solid white light to indicate re-charging. LED light will switch off when 100% charged
    • The charging magnets connected to the earbuds are very strong. Charging is almost instant.

Connectivity
  • Uses Bluetooth 5.0 version
  • Supports Bluetooth profile: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
  • Supports SBC
  • Transmission distance: up to 10metres (unblocked). At home, I managed to achieve up to 9metres, with walls and objects in between, before I start to experience some intermittent disconnections.
  • Initial BT pairing. Blinking white led to indicate pairing mode. pretty effortless on Android, iPhone, PC. A faint single beep to indicate connection.
  • No fixed master/slave. Able to use each earbud independently after pairing.
  • Switches effortlessly between music, videos and phone calls / video app calls
  • BT connection with laptop, PC, phones will cut off immediately after putting the earbuds back in the case

Controls
  • Touch buttons and very responsive.
  • It takes a few tries to recognise and remember the location of the touch area.
  • Single Click: Nothing
  • Double click: Activate Siri/Google (L) or Play/Pause (R) or Answer Call / Hangup
  • Triple click: No functions
  • Press & hold: 2 Secs: Previous Song (L) / Next song (R)
  • Press & hold: 3 secs: Reject call
  • Press & hold: 5 secs: Power off / On
  • Users who deactivate their smartphones’ voice assistant, the double tap for Siri / Google / Alexa will not work and instead, it will automatically launch your phone’s default music app.
  • One last thing to take note when you tap on the earbuds, you will hear a faint “thump” sound. Personally no issues. Some of you may not like it. But this is a very personal preference. No right. No wrong.

Exercise, workout, gym, jogging
  • No proper IPX rating but personally I can wear it under light rain or wash it under a regular running water tap to clean off any sweat or dust or dirt.
  • *Headshake test*

Music quality
  • 6mm driver. Audio frequency: 20hz - 20Khz. Sensitivity 106dB
  • Supports SBC
  • Left and right channels are good. Binaural audio works great.
  • Audio output at 30% volume level is pretty loud.
  • The 6mm drivers' audio processing ability is not very good, certain songs will have “hissing” or “rattling” sound in the background
  • Music quality wise. Generally, it is flat. Not much bass. Vocals are clear. The mids and the highs play in the middle
  • Still, the WM01 is great for watching general video watching and listening to audio books.

Audio quality with games
  • Audio quality with games is good. Stereo quality. Able to differentiate Left and Right and the estimated location of the sound.
  • Audio delay is quite noticeable but at this price point, it is not really a drawback.

Mic quality
  • Mic quality is surprisingly good.
  • Mic quality for calls when you're outdoor, is surprisingly good as the audio processing chip is able to differentiate and isolate speaker’s voice from the ambient sound and environment noise, even when you are inside a bus or walking along a busy road.
  • Mic quality is pretty consistent for other phone calling apps such as whatsapp, Zoom, LINE, Zalo, Wechat, Skype
  • Mic quality is not very good when you sre outdoor or in a noisy environment and you need to reply someone using audio recording

Summary
  • Let’s look at the Pros & Cons
  • Pros are: Battery life. Weight. Design. No IPX rating but no issues with sweat and a bit of water/rain. Ok for audio books, videos, Zoom/Skype Calls for WFH. Good mic quality for phone calls n phone calling apps.
  • Cons: No ANC. Dedicated app doesn’t support WM01. No built-in volume control. Not really suitable for Music enjoyment. Not suitable for gaming.
TL;DR Final Verdict
  • Are they worth it? Imo, I will recommend the WM01 to people and this is a decent competitor to QCY T1C, Air-3 mini, Haylou GT1 Pro
For those of you who are interested, feel free to check out this Shopee Singapore link:
https://shopee.sg/Baseus-WM01-Mini-...-iPhone-Xiaomi-Earphone-i.68716077.6739277948
Feel free to check out my video link too :)

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1520427578.g_520-w-et_g.jpg

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/X-MINI-X-MINI-LIBERTY-TRUE-WIRELESS-EARBUDS/635717715?banner_no=1305330
From $90 to $19.

I just ordered two

PsyClick

Reaction score
Guys do take note the Creative Outlier Air V3 is currently on pre-order only. The creative website states delivery from mid Sept onwards.
Thanks

are you aware if there are any early reviews available?

I am thinking to take advantage of national day promo to jump on this

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah power haha!

I’m debating between liberty MKll or Liberty S.

Not sure if the only difference between the 2 is color.

Any thoughts?
I also can’t tell the difference thats why i ordered both.
After I tested them I let you know ^.^

zenify.me

Reaction score
Probably a silly question but are there any places that allows you to try on spinfit ear tips before buying them?

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is AAC and SBC codec good enough for android? Did some research and seems like both is not as good on android as compared to aptX. Will this be the deal-breaker?

Else the creative v3 is a good deal.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is AAC and SBC codec good enough for android? Did some research and seems like both is not as good on android as compared to aptX. Will this be the deal-breaker?

Aac depends cos some phone makers use lower decoding quality. I read OnePlus is quite bad. I have Sony phone, AAC also not very good, can hear compression artifact. Samsung AAC implementation is good.

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aac depends cos some phone makers use lower decoding quality. I read OnePlus is quite bad. I have Sony phone, AAC also not very good, can hear compression artifact. Samsung AAC implementation is good.
Mind sharing where you read about OnePlus AAC?

Am using OnePlus 5T currently with the Outlier Gold, which supports QC aptX. Quite disappointing that aptX was removed for v3.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing where you read about OnePlus AAC?

Am using OnePlus 5T currently with the Outlier Gold, which supports QC aptX. Quite disappointing that aptX was removed for v3.
I remember reading somewhere on headfi. V3 looks promising and the price is cheap.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aptx hd and above (ldac) . Like aptx adaptive also much better then aptx only..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.