Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

darr

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
1,738
Reaction score
87
Just tried the Edifier X3 and X3 Lite, not bad and quite ok for daily use. For the $12 and $14 price paid during 9.9 no complaints at all. Sound quality is typical mainstream earbuds and don't expect it to match IEMs like Monster MDTS or even the entry Turbines. Also when compare to the Jabra Elite 75 the stem is just angled slightly differently which feels more comfortable despite being physically larger. Also take note the X3 case is updated with Type-C port, and the X3 Lite L/R touch can change functions separately.

I actually love some of my old buds such as the Havit G1 which especially has very good bass, but the current seller has full of complaints with non-working buds, guess kept in poor storage, too bad I would love to get another pair. My favourite comfort buds of all is Bose Soundsport (and every other Bose with oval tips) but the battery quality is terrible, most of my old buds still function well, but the Bose is literally dead. Makes me think twice whether to get the Sport Earbuds. I don't understand why other makers cannot design oval tips like Bose....way more comfortable than round tips when not doing tight seal listening.

But we are now living in age of good quality wireless earbuds at very affordable prices. Back then we only have proprietary wireless options like Sennheiser when SBC is the only codec. Even when APTX arrive it was only until recently it became very affordable. I hooked up my TV to a $20 APTX transmitter and my wired headphones plug to a portable APTX receiver or wireless earbuds with APTX.

Now eyeing the Edifier 240TN, but I just found there's a China local version TWS5 Pro that is identical in looks and specs, but with added LDAC and Ear Detection. Only issue is whether it can connect to app from non-China region, cos when I browsed the Edifier app I cannot find TWS5 Pro nor LOLLI3 (China version of 320TN).
 
Last edited:

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,486
Reaction score
27,658
Just tried the Edifier X3 and X3 Lite, not bad and quite ok for daily use. For the $12 and $14 price paid during 9.9 no complaints at all. Sound quality is typical mainstream earbuds and don't expect it to match IEMs like Monster MDTS or even the entry Turbines. Also when compare to the Jabra Elite 75 the stem is just angled slightly differently which feels more comfortable despite being physically larger. Also take note the X3 case is updated with Type-C port, and the X3 Lite L/R touch can change functions separately.
I actually love some of my old buds such as the Havit G1 which especially has very good bass, but the current seller has full of complaints with non-working buds, guess kept in poor storage, too bad I would love to get another pair. My favourite comfort buds of all is Bose Soundsport (and every other Bose with oval tips) but the battery quality is terrible, most of my old buds still function well, but the Bose is literally dead. Makes me think twice whether to get the Sport Earbuds. I don't understand why other makers cannot design oval tips like Bose....way more comfortable than round tips when not doing tight seal listening.
But we are now living in age of good quality wireless earbuds at very affordable prices. Back then we only have proprietary wireless options like Sennheiser when SBC is the only codec. Even when APTX arrive it was only until recently it became very affordable. I hooked up my TV to a $20 APTX transmitter and my wired headphones plug to a portable APTX receiver or wireless earbuds with APTX.
Now eyeing the Edifier 240TN, but I just found there's a China local version TWS5 Pro that is identical in looks and specs, but with added LDAC and Ear Detection. Only issue is whether it can connect to app from non-China region, cos when I browsed the Edifier app I cannot find TWS5 Pro nor LOLLI3 (China version of 320TN).

Wow monster and turbine! Din hear those names for a very long time

I'm using edifier x3 (but with micro USB charging port) too and I dun even know there is a x3 lite version. I'm happy with it, meant for commute anyway, not expecting theater-like sound quality.

True that nowadays we can get very affordable yet good quality tws these days hence I dun understand why ppl still buy $200 tws haha
 

darr

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
1,738
Reaction score
87
Wow monster and turbine! Din hear those names for a very long time

I'm using edifier x3 (but with micro USB charging port) too and I dun even know there is a x3 lite version. I'm happy with it, meant for commute anyway, not expecting theater-like sound quality.

True that nowadays we can get very affordable yet good quality tws these days hence I dun understand why ppl still buy $200 tws haha

That you would comment the Monsters first means you probably same era as me lol.

X3 Lite sound is identical except losing the APTX in exchange for app controls.

But I can't wear these TWS when outdoors because of the constant thumping sounds from the feet. I don't get this problem at all when using Airpods Pro and yet still can get nice isolation from the surroundings. Otherwise I use the Bose QC20 with the wire hassle and bulky battery box. Buds Live is also alternative but aching after a while.

Come to think of it I should dig out the Klipsch oval tips and see if fits...
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
I agree too that we are in a period whereby affordable earbuds are very good quality

I am utterly disappointed with sony wf-1000xm4 and i am not trading in for xm5
Just gonna leave it there.

Brands like edifier, Jabra, Creative, Soundpeats, Baseus Redmi, QCY dish out decent enough sound quality which should satisfy 99% of listeners

some of these earbuds even have multi-point connection, app support, ANC
And the mic quality is probably better than some 300$ branded tws
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,486
Reaction score
27,658
That you would comment the Monsters first means you probably same era as me lol.
X3 Lite sound is identical except losing the APTX in exchange for app controls.
But I can't wear these TWS when outdoors because of the constant thumping sounds from the feet. I don't get this problem at all when using Airpods Pro and yet still can get nice isolation from the surroundings. Otherwise I use the Bose QC20 with the wire hassle and bulky battery box. Buds Live is also alternative but aching after a while.
Come to think of it I should dig out the Klipsch oval tips and see if fits...

Or just get klipsch tws! But pricey
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,486
Reaction score
27,658
I agree too that we are in a period whereby affordable earbuds are very good quality
I am utterly disappointed with sony wf-1000xm4 and i am not trading in for xm5
Just gonna leave it there.
Brands like edifier, Jabra, Creative, Soundpeats, Baseus Redmi, QCY dish out decent enough sound quality which should satisfy 99% of listeners
some of these earbuds even have multi-point connection, app support, ANC
And the mic quality is probably better than some 300$ branded tws

Still rmb I got my first pair of tws back in Dec 2019. It was an Alpha & Delta. Cost me $80 but it came with aptx, wireless charging, buletooth 5.0 and oh, a free qi charger!
I was thinking this will be the standard price of tws since I was using wired iems that cost much more previously
But I'm glad we have very gd quality tws now at <$100 and even <$50. I think this should be the standard price now else manufactures can't earn lol
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Actually can earn de lah cuz they are made in the hundreds of millions.
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,486
Reaction score
27,658
PGnE2FM.jpg
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,924
Reaction score
13,653
Soundcore liberty 4 NC. Sounds pretty good with clear highs and mids and thumping bass, noise cancelling is good. Many features and customisation. Supports LDAC. The case design is pretty unique, presssing the button in front will release the catch to open the cover to access the earbuds inside.

b22LaRs.jpg
 

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
14,404
Reaction score
7,812
Soundcore liberty 4 NC. Sounds pretty good with clear highs and mids and thumping bass, noise cancelling is good. Many features and customisation. Supports LDAC. The case design is pretty unique, presssing the button in front will release the catch to open the cover to access the earbuds inside.

b22LaRs.jpg
i got this one as well. money well spent for $79, this kicks alot of ass.
 

wwh5210

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
348
Just gotten another pair budget friendly TWS earbuds for my laptop. I used to own QCY T18 however, it's connection is very unstable once connected to PC/laptop. Went back to Soundcore after all lol.

Soundcore A20i

Pros:

  1. Budget friendly, I got it on Lazada at only $21.
  2. Stable connection on my Dell XPS 13 Plus laptop (both on BT5.3).
  3. Sound quality is decent.
  4. Build quality is pretty solid and it comes with IPx5
  5. Long battery life
  6. App support
Cons:
  1. Average mic quality.
  2. Missing "Hall effect sensor" on the charging case.
Overall nothing much to complaint at this price point.

pvG3loI.jpg
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
been testing wireless earbuds for almost 3 yrs now and today… my worst nightmare happened….
The left airpods pro dropped into a deep longkang
sibei sianz….
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,470
Reaction score
1,028
My almost $200 earbuds just died after just 18 months and I came upon this thread while researching for my next pair.

Thanks everyone for the share here. Gotten myself a QCY T13 for under $20 and was very very impressed with the sound quality.

Will never spend anything more again!
Wah checking

my airpods 3 years ago also half dead, the left one only works for 5-10 mins now 🤣
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top