Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

jtan82

Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Hi All I just want to share my experience with xoundpod which I receive yesterday. Initial testing at desk was fine. But when I tried using it when going to work, it starts the have intermittent disconnect. Very disruptive. Using it with iPhone 8+, listening to songs via Apple Music app. Walking with phone on hand (playing Pokémon)
I notice left pod is working more stable than the right. Anyone can advice what I should do?
 
Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Hmm because I read quite a few review feedback on the right side disconnection, which was my initial concern before I place the purchase. Jialat suddenly quite a few of u all here say the same issue too....

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

Verloren

Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
XoundPods review

Hi All I just want to share my experience with xoundpod which I receive yesterday. Initial testing at desk was fine. But when I tried using it when going to work, it starts the have intermittent disconnect. Very disruptive. Using it with iPhone 8+, listening to songs via Apple Music app. Walking with phone on hand (playing Pokémon)
I notice left pod is working more stable than the right. Anyone can advice what I should do?

Just wanted to share my experience with the XoundPods after about 1 week+, I encountered only one issue which is the intermittent connection on the right side (the slave). I went down to Jackson Square to have it looked it and was quoted couple of reasons for the drop off.
1. Interference from other bluetooth devices when you walk around in public areas, where i encounter most of my drops
2. Distance from my Xoundpods
3. Placement of device
4. Movement during usage

The tech guy checked it and was not able to replicate the drop off connection, so they did a master reset and asked me to continue to monitor it. By master reset, it meant putting both Xoundpods back into the case and pressing the buttons together till it flashes and then you can use it again. Maybe it's an issue with using iPhone idk? I've also tried pairing the Xoundpods to my laptop and there wasn't as many drops.

IMHO, it drop off bugs me a lot as it affects the user experience. The master and slave pairing need some optimizing. The drop offs are really randomly occurring and impossible to replicate in the service centre. I bought mine with a friend during the initial launch in QOO10, and his right side totally died of hardware failure. But there seem to be a lot of people with no issues at all, vs some of us with the right side having intermittent connection.
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
Just wanted to share my experience with the XoundPods after about 1 week+, I encountered only one issue which is the intermittent connection on the right side (the slave). I went down to Jackson Square to have it looked it and was quoted couple of reasons for the drop off.
1. Interference from other bluetooth devices when you walk around in public areas, where i encounter most of my drops
2. Distance from my Xoundpods
3. Placement of device
4. Movement during usage

The tech guy checked it and was not able to replicate the drop off connection, so they did a master reset and asked me to continue to monitor it. By master reset, it meant putting both Xoundpods back into the case and pressing the buttons together till it flashes and then you can use it again. Maybe it's an issue with using iPhone idk? I've also tried pairing the Xoundpods to my laptop and there wasn't as many drops.

IMHO, it drop off bugs me a lot as it affects the user experience. The master and slave pairing need some optimizing. The drop offs are really randomly occurring and impossible to replicate in the service centre. I bought mine with a friend during the initial launch in QOO10, and his right side totally died of hardware failure. But there seem to be a lot of people with no issues at all, vs some of us with the right side having intermittent connection.

This is what I faced with Earin M1, Sony Wf1000x and Erato Apollo 7. Sorry for saying this. It is basically the limitations of Bluetooth technology as signal will not pass through the thick skull of our head. This is basically first generation TW technology. You can do a experiment. Go to open space and the slave will skip like crazy. Indoor will be better as Bluetooth signal can bounce off objects and reflect to the other earbuds. Also there will be latency issue as they need to do buffering. This is the reason why most are going into NFMI type connection. To be frank NFMI is sensitive to magnetic interference but it is definitely way better than Bluetooth type. Also very low latency. Btw I am talking about the connection between earbuds. Master will always be still Bluetooth connections.

Also one way to reduce this problem is to increase buffering time in the firmware. However this will increase the latency even more.
 
Last edited:

Summer198569

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Just wanted to share my experience with the XoundPods after about 1 week+, I encountered only one issue which is the intermittent connection on the right side (the slave). I went down to Jackson Square to have it looked it and was quoted couple of reasons for the drop off.
1. Interference from other bluetooth devices when you walk around in public areas, where i encounter most of my drops
2. Distance from my Xoundpods
3. Placement of device
4. Movement during usage

The tech guy checked it and was not able to replicate the drop off connection, so they did a master reset and asked me to continue to monitor it. By master reset, it meant putting both Xoundpods back into the case and pressing the buttons together till it flashes and then you can use it again. Maybe it's an issue with using iPhone idk? I've also tried pairing the Xoundpods to my laptop and there wasn't as many drops.

IMHO, it drop off bugs me a lot as it affects the user experience. The master and slave pairing need some optimizing. The drop offs are really randomly occurring and impossible to replicate in the service centre. I bought mine with a friend during the initial launch in QOO10, and his right side totally died of hardware failure. But there seem to be a lot of people with no issues at all, vs some of us with the right side having intermittent connection.

I already gave up on the Xoundpod.

The first time i went there, the technician did a firmware upgrade and increase the RF signal. Tested it at that service center. Sound okay.

Drive back to office and try, intermittent connection, render it unusable.

Thinking office got too many computer causing interference, bring back home test it in the bedroom, still the same. Change device from android to IOS, still the same.

Contacted them in QOO10 for a refund as i dont wish to drive all the way back there to fix it again, i think my petrol back and forth will cause more than the xoundpod, and bloody hell still need to pay for parking fee.

Till now X Mini has not respond to my response in QOO10.

zzzzzzz, gave up liao on X Mini xoundpod.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
This is what I faced with Earin M1, Sony Wf1000x and Erato Apollo 7. Sorry for saying this. It is basically the limitations of Bluetooth technology as signal will not pass through the thick skull of our head. This is basically first generation TW technology. You can do a experiment. Go to open space and the slave will skip like crazy. Indoor will be better as Bluetooth signal can bounce off objects and reflect to the other earbuds. Also there will be latency issue as they need to do buffering. This is the reason why most are going into NFMI type connection. To be frank NFMI is sensitive to magnetic interference but it is definitely way better than Bluetooth type. Also very low latency. Btw I am talking about the connection between earbuds. Master will always be still Bluetooth connections.

Also one way to reduce this problem is to increase buffering time in the firmware. However this will increase the latency even more.
Thanks for sharing ur experience; ur usage of various brands in real world helps a lot. I would agree with u on that it is the limitation of bluetooth tech.

Barring the connection constraint of the xmini, calls are clear on both sides and music quality is acceptable....not for audiophiles, bassheads nor rock fans.

I can see myself using it in certain conditions, eg, travelling in public tranport, enclosed environments and the fact that can use one earpiece, which will have less constraints, for calls.

Will fall back to my normal wireless jaybird X3 for all others.

For now, true wireless quest would be put on the back burner.
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
Thanks for sharing ur experience; ur usage of various brands in real world helps a lot. I would agree with u on that it is the limitation of bluetooth tech.

Barring the connection constraint of the xmini, calls are clear on both sides and music quality is acceptable....not for audiophiles, bassheads nor rock fans.

I can see myself using it in certain conditions, eg, travelling in public tranport, enclosed environments and the fact that can use one earpiece, which will have less constraints, for calls.

Will fall back to my normal wireless jaybird X3 for all others.

For now, true wireless quest would be put on the back burner.

However now is better. The Jabras are good. The E8 has best audio quality. The Earin M2 I am using now are almost perfect. Very less interference and very small and portable. Notice all these are NFMI type.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
However now is better. The Jabras are good. The E8 has best audio quality. The Earin M2 I am using now are almost perfect. Very less interference and very small and portable. Notice all these are NFMI type.

I'm sure u're right and will cont'd to improve. At this stage, I think it's not there yet and would wait for the tech to mature where it suit my needs. Also, reading up about NFMI, leaves a little concern about the signals travelling thru' the brain;). Need to understand more.
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,035
Reaction score
885
is there any bluetooth IEM\cable that can do multi pairing like the Bose headphones?

connect to my laptop and phone at the same time
 

LadyNette

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Anyone using nuforce be Free5? I need assistance. Left side earbud suddenly no music. But still can pause & play music using multifunction button. There’s no issue with right side.
 

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
58,019
Reaction score
5
The rant for the xmini liberty is real.

Even if it is 70sgd I expected the connection between the sides to be better.

So far connection wise my jabra elite sports still win, but it costs so much more.

Sound wise I would say I prefer the x-mini liberty, but the breaking connection is just sad and frustrating
 

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
107
am using the Havit G1 and it has been great. very rare drops (mostly happens at traffic junction)
fast start up, pairing and connection
AQ wise i would say acceptable
Sounds better than my PaMu Gen 1. Much more comfortable and seal also.

got it around $60 during aliexpress sale.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Alamak how come auddnely all the negative reviews come out le... :(
Btw, those ordered on 10 Oct, do you see your order out for delivery already???

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
30
After selling my e8 and stuck with a xm3 headphone, decided to try another kickstarter model earin m-2.

Small form factor but really fits well in my ear.

Surprised at the app gain function to increase volume further.

Bass wise..well it didnt disappoint.

No drop off at mrts or lag for gaming/youtube :D

20181016_175021_zpsivc8zn8i.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top