Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2001
Messages
19,464
Reaction score
43
between haylou gt2 and the promo price truedots, which is better?
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
noted, what abt truedots against mpow t5?

For that you might want to review the comparison between them below.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/soundpeats-truedot-review
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/mpow-t5-review

I think mpow t5 offers more, since its also priced slightly higher. As for sound, I think none of them sound bad, even the cheap haylou gt2. Its all a matter of preference already.

I think the cheapest mpow T5 can be bought at shopee, though I am not sure if there are even cheaper sites.

https://shopee.sg/【Mpow-Official】Up...D-Stereo-36Hrs-Playtime-i.98700393.1857215977

The main reason why I didn't got for T5 is... portability. The case, from reviews and shoppers, is big. Truedots case is so small that I can slot it in the smallest pocket of my jeans.
 
Last edited:

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2001
Messages
19,464
Reaction score
43
thanks for the opinion. looks like i will just keep the mpow t5 for home usage while truedots in the train
 

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
14,588
Reaction score
26
I have a brand new sealed earfun free to let go!

Got it as a gift but since i already have something im using now so will let go.

Thanks!
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Another thing I wish to point out is, besides the earpiece, the device u use matters. Not all smartphones are built equal when it comes to audio. Manufacturers like Samsung and LG pay special attention to audio quality of their phones.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.soundguys.com/best-smartphones-for-audio-16373/amp/

I own a lg v30. Although I had upgraded and no longer use it as my daily driver, it's still my go to device for listening sessions.

It's array of built-in sound enhancements and it's capable system wide equalizer, which works better than the equalizer apps in play store, can make my worst sounding no brand tws and those crappy bundled wired earpieces (of other devices) sound decent and bearable.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Is this considered a good buy?

Sorry, not sure about the usual discounted prices for this product

It's a good earpiece, but not sure why popular called it a 'discounted' price. It's not even that expensive usually.

I got mine for $30 at aliexpress. But beware there are 2 versions. The one that is selling in qoo10 does not seem to come with aptx and volume control support.
 
Last edited:

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
122
So I've read that popular bookstore have good deals from time to time

I've also read that soundpeats truedots has a newer version with updated internals

SIC

PWP of any IT/gadgets section product, no min spent required

eaRZcmXl.jpg


YJxMFtrl.jpg

Is this considered a good buy?

Sorry, not sure about the usual discounted prices for this product
 

Soulfly

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
47
Hi everyone. I'm using the Mifo o5 pro. It's pretty good value for money but how do I know if the case is fully charged? The side dot led keeps blinking in green even after 2 hours of charging. But when I opened up the case, the center indicator led light shows a solid green colour. So which led light should I look at? The tiny dot at the side of the case or when I opened up the case, the center indicator led? Thanks...
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Hi everyone. I'm using the Mifo o5 pro. It's pretty good value for money but how do I know if the case is fully charged? The side dot led keeps blinking in green even after 2 hours of charging. But when I opened up the case, the center indicator led light shows a solid green colour. So which led light should I look at? The tiny dot at the side of the case or when I opened up the case, the center indicator led? Thanks...

IIRC, blinking green LED means charging. Static green LED is fully charged? It's a relatively big battery and slow charging, so might take some time :s13:
 

Soulfly

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
47
IIRC, blinking green LED means charging. Static green LED is fully charged? It's a relatively big battery and slow charging, so might take some time :s13:

Thanks for the tip. There are 2 led indicators actually. One is a tiny dot at the side of the case and when bigger one at the center of the case when you open it. So I'm not sure which one informs it it's fully charged. The center indicator inside the case shows a solid green while the tiny dot indicator at the side of the case is still blinking green. The manual didn't really mention too. Hahahahaha...
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Thanks for the tip. There are 2 led indicators actually. One is a tiny dot at the side of the case and when bigger one at the center of the case when you open it. So I'm not sure which one informs it it's fully charged. The center indicator inside the case shows a solid green while the tiny dot indicator at the side of the case is still blinking green. The manual didn't really mention too. Hahahahaha...

I meant the tiny one at the sides yeah, at least while charging the case.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
I meant the tiny one at the sides yeah, at least while charging the case.

Hey man,

If you are in the mood of trying out more tws, or other stuff, taobao has the 3-8 woman's day offer. Plus sg credit card discount (sg DBS/POSB credit card discount $6 for $60 spent, UOB credit cards $12 off for $100).

eg, today FIIL T1x is $57 inclusive of direct shipping after those discounts applied.


Nice that taobao has direct shipping and even free international shipping for a lot of stuff now. No need forwarders or consolidation.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Hey man,

If you are in the mood of trying out more tws, or other stuff, taobao has the 3-8 woman's day offer. Plus sg credit card discount (sg DBS/POSB credit card discount $6 for $60 spent, UOB credit cards $12 off for $100).

eg, today FIIL T1x is $57 inclusive of direct shipping after those discounts applied.


Nice that taobao has direct shipping and even free international shipping for a lot of stuff now. No need forwarders or consolidation.

haha. so far not much mood. Was kinda interested in Soundpeats, but just not sure if it's going to be worth it since I have the haylou gt1 plus already. Also since i got the gt1 plus at a good price by stacking coupon, it's a hard price to beat. haha. :s13:
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
haha. so far not much mood. Was kinda interested in Soundpeats, but just not sure if it's going to be worth it since I have the haylou gt1 plus already. Also since i got the gt1 plus at a good price by stacking coupon, it's a hard price to beat. haha. :s13:

Yeah. The 2 of them are pretty similar in terms of specs and price. Does gt1 plus has volume control also?

Now shipping from China is quite ok now. For soundpeats, it took around 10 days. Feb 24 ordered, Mar 4 received.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Yeah. The 2 of them are pretty similar in terms of specs and price. Does gt1 plus has volume control also?

Now shipping from China is quite ok now. For soundpeats, it took around 10 days. Feb 24 ordered, Mar 4 received.

no volume controls for gt1 plus tho, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Not too bad actually, especially if it's the model with aptx. :s13: It's like S$28 with new user coupon on aliexpress. But still, it's so similar in terms of design to the haylou. :s13:
 

Crexzz

Master Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
3,235
Reaction score
18
Is this considered a good buy?

Sorry, not sure about the usual discounted prices for this product

Pricing is ok only and not grossly overpaying. There's definitely better deal online with coupons/event discount etc etc

You'll just need to take note of the 2 different version.

Take some time to go thru this thread for more information
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top