Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

oystermilk

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I am considering a budget pair of tws for my wife.
Should I get a jbl tune 120 or soundpeats truedots or audio Technica ATH-CK3TW which is on sale in shopee now for $120?

I have the ATH-CK3Tw. I think $120 is worth, great audio quality and super lightweight in your ears.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Pricing is ok only and not grossly overpaying. There's definitely better deal online with coupons/event discount etc etc

You'll just need to take note of the 2 different version.

Take some time to go thru this thread for more information

Yeah. For a piece of mind (Popular's is definitely the aptx version) and no need to wait for delivery, its better to buy from Popular.

Its gradually becoming my fav earpiece for going out without carrying any bag/carrier, thanks to its good sound quality, good call quality despite its size and incredible portability.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Tf102uo.jpg


ended up buying. Went to have a look and couldn't resist. PWP S$39, so just bought like a pack of candy for S$0.90. Will test more after lunch.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
UAImBWV.jpg


Initial impression so far is that compared to the Haylou GT1 Plus, it's a slightly warmer sound with slightly more subdued highs? Other than that, seems to be about the same in terms of technicalities to my untrained ears? I might need a bit more time with truedots, but at this point, I feel like it's just up to personal preference here. With the slightly brighter sound some tracks with high female vocals sounds a bit nicer to me on the GT1 Plus, then some tracks with male vocals sounds a bit nicer to me on the Truedot? :s13::s22::s13:
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
UAImBWV.jpg


Initial impression so far is that compared to the Haylou GT1 Plus, it's a slightly warmer sound with slightly more subdued highs? Other than that, seems to be about the same in terms of technicalities to my untrained ears? I might need a bit more time with truedots, but at this point, I feel like it's just up to personal preference here. With the slightly brighter sound some tracks with high female vocals sounds a bit nicer to me on the GT1 Plus, then some tracks with male vocals sounds a bit nicer to me on the Truedot? :s13::s22::s13:

Lol.

Is that the case for haylou gt1 plus? Looks even smaller than trudots. Great portability.

Now I am just waiting for my fill tx1. The seller ship on the same day i ordered, so fast that I don't even have a chance to change my mind (Not that I will... lol).

Its already on international airspace, hope to receive by this week.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Lol.

Is that the case for haylou gt1 plus? Looks even smaller than trudots. Great portability.

Now I am just waiting for my fill tx1. The seller ship on the same day i ordered, so fast that I don't even have a chance to change my mind (Not that I will... lol).

Its already on international airspace, hope to receive by this week.

Just the camera angle ba. the bottom half of the case is exactly the same (can charge truedot using GT1 Plus case, vice versa). just that the top lid is a bit bigger on Truedot. :s13:

Anyway at around 30-40 still a good deal for either of them. To me I like the sound better than the more expensive Mpow T5, which was already a pretty decent deal. :s13: But between the 2... at this point, I probably still prefer the Haylou GT1 Plus.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Just the camera angle ba. the bottom half of the case is exactly the same (can charge truedot using GT1 Plus case, vice versa). just that the top lid is a bit bigger on Truedot. :s13:

Anyway at around 30-40 still a good deal for either of them. To me I like the sound better than the more expensive Mpow T5, which was already a pretty decent deal. :s13: But between the 2... at this point, I probably still prefer the Haylou GT1 Plus.

Scarbir's GT1 plus review is coming soon. He already compared it against this earpiece he rated 4.5 stars.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/ugreen-cm338-tws-review


Looks like he has a new 4.5 star category rating. Some earpieces that were previously 5 star are downgraded to 4.5.

https://www.scarbir.com/truewireless
 
Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Scarbir's GT1 plus review is coming soon. He already compared it against this earpiece he rated 4.5 stars.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/ugreen-cm338-tws-review


Looks like he has a new 4.5 star category rating. Some earpieces that were previously 5 star are downgraded to 4.5.

https://www.scarbir.com/truewireless

00p9JRF.png


yeah. he shared on his twitter that he prefer the soundpeats truedot still. haha. which was what tempted me to try and see if it's "better". But to me, it just sounds like a warmer tuning. :s13: Well, still early impressions only. will keep using and comparing and see how it goes. haha.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
00p9JRF.png


yeah. he shared on his twitter that he prefer the soundpeats truedot still. haha. which was what tempted me to try and see if it's "better". But to me, it just sounds like a warmer tuning. :s13: Well, still early impressions only. will keep using and comparing and see how it goes. haha.

I think sound quality is very subjective, which a lot of people have their own preferences. I personally try to refrain from commenting much with regards to sound quality, since what we feel great may not be the same for others.

I like his reviews and ratings cos' he considers other aspects other than sound, and gave an appropriate ranking based on how the entire package is worth, inclusive of pricing consideration (whether its indeed worth paying for that much).
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
I think sound quality is very subjective, which a lot of people have their own preferences. I personally try to refrain from commenting much with regards to sound quality, since what we feel great may not be the same for others.

I like his reviews and ratings cos' he considers other aspects other than sound, and gave an appropriate ranking based on how the entire package is worth, inclusive of pricing consideration (whether its indeed worth paying for that much).

Yeah. sound is super subjective one. Most we can do is try to describe the sound, like Scarbir tries to do also. But even then, everyone's benchmark is kinda different depending on what they've listened to before. But this is where his reviews are useful because he has tried so many of them that there are bound to be some that some folks might have tried before. Then base on his review of those, they can have a better gauge of how other TWS might stack up. even then there is some personal biased there too. haha.

A while back I was looking to buy IEMs and was thinking about the Sony XBA-N3, which has gotten pretty great reviews. But ultimately didn't suit my taste at all and ended up buying something else entirely. :s13:
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Yeah. sound is super subjective one. Most we can do is try to describe the sound, like Scarbir tries to do also. But even then, everyone's benchmark is kinda different depending on what they've listened to before. But this is where his reviews are useful because he has tried so many of them that there are bound to be some that some folks might have tried before. Then base on his review of those, they can have a better gauge of how other TWS might stack up. even then there is some personal biased there too. haha.

A while back I was looking to buy IEMs and was thinking about the Sony XBA-N3, which has gotten pretty great reviews. But ultimately didn't suit my taste at all and ended up buying something else entirely. :s13:

Yeah man. I wish I come across this thread and the scarbir site sooner.

I wasted enough money on buying no-brand ones that I can get a mpow T5. Its a really waste of money when fantastic earpieces with good sound like haylou gt2 and qcy t5 exists at such a low price point. The no-brands totally cmi.

I also wasted money (and making a loss after selling) on buying momentum (thinking expensive means perfect) that although it sound great, many other aspect fail, which make the entire package unworthy of the price it commands.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Yeah man. I wish I come across this thread and the scarbir site sooner.

I wasted enough money on buying no-brand ones that I can get a mpow T5. Its a really waste of money when fantastic earpieces with good sound like haylou gt2 and qcy t5 exists at such a low price point. The no-brands totally cmi.

I also wasted money (and making a loss after selling) on buying momentum (thinking expensive means perfect) that although it sound great, many other aspect fail, which make the entire package unworthy of the price it commands.

haha. yeah. but I think budget TWS getting real good also quite recent only la. Before that MPOW was like one of the top options, but then nowadays... there are cheaper options I prefer over that already. Then with GT1 Plus and TrueDot sounding as good as they do, and also offer aptx, something that used to be reserved for higher priced TWS, I think we'll start to see even more better options at cheaper prices. And for those wanting to sell more expensive TWS, they gotta really work hard liao. haha.

That said, TWS still can't match wired options just yet in terms of price to performance. haha. I was thinking earlier soundpeats truedot is $39. Then audiofido on carousell is doing flash sale of the Tin T2 at $39.90 only. :s22: Was almost tempted to hoot one again. :s13:
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
haha. yeah. but I think budget TWS getting real good also quite recent only la. Before that MPOW was like one of the top options, but then nowadays... there are cheaper options I prefer over that already. Then with GT1 Plus and TrueDot sounding as good as they do, and also offer aptx, something that used to be reserved for higher priced TWS, I think we'll start to see even more better options at cheaper prices. And for those wanting to sell more expensive TWS, they gotta really work hard liao. haha.

That said, TWS still can't match wired options just yet in terms of price to performance. haha. I was thinking earlier soundpeats truedot is $39. Then audiofido on carousell is doing flash sale of the Tin T2 at $39.90 only. :s22: Was almost tempted to hoot one again. :s13:

Very much agreed.

TWS cannot match wired options. Its a trade-off between sound and wireless freedom.
And that is one aspect I cannot forgive for certain expensive tws. Connection stability.

Its really gana sai when we pay more than $200-$300 for a tws, hoping to ditch the wire and sacrificing some sound quality, and still have to compromise breaks in connection while walking.

Its surprising that cheaper tws can manage better.
 

huitay

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
8
Anyone using the Samsung buds+? Is it good?

I have someone selling me at $160 as he got it a free gift. Was, thinking if it a good deal.
 

hkchew03

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
553
Very much agreed.

TWS cannot match wired options. Its a trade-off between sound and wireless freedom.
And that is one aspect I cannot forgive for certain expensive tws. Connection stability.

Its really gana sai when we pay more than $200-$300 for a tws, hoping to ditch the wire and sacrificing some sound quality, and still have to compromise breaks in connection while walking.

Its surprising that cheaper tws can manage better.

Newer TWS should fare much better in connection. Been using QCY T1 and T5 for quite a while, connection seems rather stable, only occasionally have a disconnection. T5 to be stand out because of the low latency in gaming mode which not many TWS offer. Best of all, they cost under $30, but build quality could be better for QCY tho, had some charging issue with it.
 

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
Would like to ask for advice for loud TWS. so far all the TWS i bought only ZNT is loud enough. even the latest pair i bought (spunky beats) is also quite low in volume.

can check if galaxy buds+ belong to the loud category?

thanks
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,926
Reaction score
13,668
Tf102uo.jpg


ended up buying. Went to have a look and couldn't resist. PWP S$39, so just bought like a pack of candy for S$0.90. Will test more after lunch.

So far been to Clementi and vivo popular, both no need pwp, can straightaway buy at $39. IMO this tws is super value for money, gets a lot of things right, from controls to sound quality.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Not sure about buds+, but 1st Gen buds were just okay. I haven't tried that many, but so far a few of the louder ones are the MPOW T5, Lypertek tevi, and QCY T5. Probably got more options out there.

Would like to ask for advice for loud TWS. so far all the TWS i bought only ZNT is loud enough. even the latest pair i bought (spunky beats) is also quite low in volume.

can check if galaxy buds+ belong to the loud category?

thanks

I bought at AMK one, the person said PWP so just go along lor. Haha. I won't be surprised if 39 is just the usual price all along. But even at that price, really is value for money. Aptx, small compact case, good sound, has volume controls. And if want to save more and willing to wait, have the option to hoot on AliExpress and make use of new user coupon too. :s13:

So far been to Clementi and vivo popular, both no need pwp, can straightaway buy at $39. IMO this tws is super value for money, gets a lot of things right, from controls to sound quality.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
I bought at AMK one, the person said PWP so just go along lor. Haha. I won't be surprised if 39 is just the usual price all along. But even at that price, really is value for money. Aptx, small compact case, good sound, has volume controls. And if want to save more and willing to wait, have the option to hoot on AliExpress and make use of new user coupon too. :s13:

I think its impossible for the usual price to be $79.90. Popular likes to make their 'discount' attractive. :s13:

I really like the control schematics. Much better than some others like sabbat e12 ultra. E12 ultra has volume control also, but generally I ignore its existence cos' its very cumbersome. It's button controlled and I have to quick press 3 times on the left to decrease volume by a step, and quick press 3 times on the right to increase.

Truedot's single tap on either left or right to control volume is much more intuitive and also allows better precise controls, compared to those 'holding' type controls like momentum. I don't mind the tapping 3 times to activate voice assistant since I rarely use it.

Overall, for first time buyers who want to try out tws, they cannot go wrong with truedots at this price.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top