Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
Thanks all bro which recommend the true dots but for those bro’s who also has or had earfun free and soundpeats true engine 2, how does it compares in terms of:

1. Fitting
(the earfun is good fit but too tight keep having the stethoscope effect vs the true engine 2 right ear not good fit no matter what size or type to foam tips I used)

2. Sound Quality
Earfun bass and mids good but high a Taq missing and closer sound soundstage and Low volume
True engine less bass but the High’s are good and the mids similar to earfun but wider sound stage

Can comment for those bros whic has tried either of the above and the new true dots?

Thanks

I think its impossible for the usual price to be $79.90. Popular likes to make their 'discount' attractive. :s13:

I really like the control schematics. Much better than some others like sabbat e12 ultra. E12 ultra has volume control also, but generally I ignore its existence cos' its very cumbersome. It's button controlled and I have to quick press 3 times on the left to decrease volume by a step, and quick press 3 times on the right to increase.

Truedot's single tap on either left or right to control volume is much more intuitive and also allows better precise controls, compared to those 'holding' type controls like momentum. I don't mind the tapping 3 times to activate voice assistant since I rarely use it.

Overall, for first time buyers who want to try out tws, they cannot go wrong with truedots at this price.
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
I think its impossible for the usual price to be $79.90. Popular likes to make their 'discount' attractive. :s13:

I really like the control schematics. Much better than some others like sabbat e12 ultra. E12 ultra has volume control also, but generally I ignore its existence cos' its very cumbersome. It's button controlled and I have to quick press 3 times on the left to decrease volume by a step, and quick press 3 times on the right to increase.

Truedot's single tap on either left or right to control volume is much more intuitive and also allows better precise controls, compared to those 'holding' type controls like momentum. I don't mind the tapping 3 times to activate voice assistant since I rarely use it.

Overall, for first time buyers who want to try out tws, they cannot go wrong with truedots at this price.

S$79.90 is SRP set by distributor. Promo price S$39.90 also set by distributor.
You can go Soundpeats website to checkout the Buy section.

Just a few days ago, Shopee got flash sale going for S$36.90 discount of $3/-
This price was from official SoundPeats SG.

I just checked price $36.90 is still available at Qoo10 official SoundPeats. Can self collect at SoundPeats office at Ubi Ave.

If got Budget maybe can check out the SoundPeats TrueFree+ selling at S$49.90
 
Last edited:

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
S$79.90 is SRP set by distributor. Promo price S$39.90 also set by distributor.
You can go Soundpeats website to checkout the Buy section.

Just a few days ago, Shopee got flash sale going for S$36.90 discount of $3/-
This price was from official SoundPeats SG.

I just checked price $36.90 is still available at Qoo10 official SoundPeats. Can self collect at SoundPeats office at Ubi Ave.

If got Budget maybe can check out the SoundPeats TrueFree+ selling at S$49.90

That's why its important to make informed and researched purchases.

https://store.soundpeatsaudio.com/english/true-wireless-earbuds-truedot.html

This is their official US website. The price is US$29.90 converted to S$ is around $40. I am not sure how much the official distributor here mark up the price, but certainly I don't think any shops or online retailers is selling at $79.90.

As for $36.90 at qoo10, several users had asked the seller (soundpeats SG themselves) whether it is the aptx and volume control version and soundpeats SG themselves answered it is not. So don't because of saving a few dollars and end up buying an older version.

Buyers make sure to ask the sellers for confirmation.

PS: Its funny that soundpeats US website list the earpieces as realtek chip, but the link they provides to amazon states its qualcomm qcc3020 aptx version. Looks like soundpeats is a mess themselves.
 
Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
I think its impossible for the usual price to be $79.90. Popular likes to make their 'discount' attractive. :s13:

I really like the control schematics. Much better than some others like sabbat e12 ultra. E12 ultra has volume control also, but generally I ignore its existence cos' its very cumbersome. It's button controlled and I have to quick press 3 times on the left to decrease volume by a step, and quick press 3 times on the right to increase.

Truedot's single tap on either left or right to control volume is much more intuitive and also allows better precise controls, compared to those 'holding' type controls like momentum. I don't mind the tapping 3 times to activate voice assistant since I rarely use it.

Overall, for first time buyers who want to try out tws, they cannot go wrong with truedots at this price.

yeah, for the price, it's really hard to go wrong, and probably my top recommendation now over the MPOW M5. Good controls, good sound, good connectivity options (aptx), compact case, and cheaper.

Anyway, I'll probably recommend it over the Haylou GT1 Plus to most people since the tuning is probably more consumer friendly. After spending more time comparing them over more tracks, it's basically just as good, just warmer sounding to me. Wouldn't be surprised if it were the same exact drivers just different tuning.

To elaborate a bit more (will try my best here)...

...the Truedots basically has a bit more bass and fuller sounding mids. Just that treble is less extended.

The bass to me has really good reach, and is actually like thumpy. Like when listening to Get lucky from daft punk, bad guy from billie eilish, i love it by icona pop, you can "feel" the bass. But then it's not too bloated too, and male vocals still sounds good, can still make out some of the other instruments.

Mids sounds a little fuller too with the warmer sound, especially with male vocals, and instruments like bass guitar, drums, etc. Though the treble isn't quite as extended as the GT1 Plus, so female vocals and instruments like cymbal crashes, violin, higher guitar notes, doesn't sound quite as lively or airy to me.

The warmer tuning probably makes it a bit smoother sounding too. It's also more forgiving to "less clean" sounding tracks too.

1 example is Vulfpeck's Wait For the moment. The beginning of the track has some background noise in the recording, and it's more obvious on the GT1 Plus. The intro portion can hear the keyboard, bass guitar, drums, sounds like they have a bit more depth on the TrueDots, a bit fuller. Antwaun Stanley's vocals also sounds richer. But then the hits on the hi-hats i think doesn't quite have that sizzle sound on the truedots unlike the GT1 Plus.

Another example is song jpop songs like LiSA's Gurenge and Reol's Gekihaku. both relatively busy tracks with high female vocals. Both sounds a bit fuller on the TrueDots, especially the darker electronic tones on Gekihaku, but then loses a bit of that airiness and liveliness to their vocals and some of the higher frequency sounds.

Another example why I feel like gt1 plus is more neutral and the truedots is warmer, is on the whiplash soundtrack, the song "caravan". On Truedots, the lower frequencies stand out more in the tracks, the bass drum, the plucking of the cello. The cymbal crashes, hi hats, doesn't stand out as much and sounds more subdued. Even when the saxes/trumpets/etc comes in, the cello still stands out a bit more in the mix. Whereas on the GT1 Plus, they sound more balanced in terms of presentation.

Ultimately I think just down to personal preference. While i think more people will enjoy truedots more, I like a slightly brighter sound still, and I find the bass a bit much on the truedots sometimes, so prefer GT1 plus still.

But for other folks, truedot is probably the one I would recommend over the GT1 plus. Also the ear tips are a little less finicky to find a fit, the controls are better, and can buy locally without the need to wait. Lol.
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
That's why its important to make informed and researched purchases.

https://store.soundpeatsaudio.com/english/true-wireless-earbuds-truedot.html

This is their official US website. The price is US$29.90 converted to S$ is around $40. I am not sure how much the official distributor here mark up the price, but certainly I don't think any shops or online retailers is selling at $79.90.

As for $36.90 at qoo10, several users had asked the seller (soundpeats SG themselves) whether it is the aptx and volume control version and soundpeats SG themselves answered it is not. So don't because of saving a few dollars and end up buying an older version.

Buyers make sure to ask the sellers for confirmation.

PS: Its funny that soundpeats US website list the earpieces as realtek chip, but the link they provides to amazon states its qualcomm qcc3020 aptx version. Looks like soundpeats is a mess themselves.

Waa... thanks for pointing this out... never knew SoundPeats is so messy.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
Waa... thanks for pointing this out... never knew SoundPeats is so messy.

No worries man.

For a peace of mind, I still recommend to buy from Popular. No wait, no need to pay for shipping and its confirmed the aptx version. Even without considering the 'discount', its still a good buy.

When I bought this, no one told me there is an aptx version and I just bought it based on the good reviews. Its really a pleasant surprise. (Had I know Popular is selling it and its the aptx version, I would have bought it from Popular and not wait for 10 days for it to be delivered. Lol.)

I also recommend my friends and relatives to buy from Popular, even those that don't use tws. In the midst of the current virus situation, our mobile phones aren't exactly clean devices for us to put near our face to answer phone calls from. I personally also use tws to call/answer calls already.

PS: Something to add regarding TrueFree+ u recommended earlier.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/qcy-qs2-review

Its a rebranded qcy qs2 and its an older model compared to truedot. Not sure why its more expensive.
 
Last edited:

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
58,019
Reaction score
5
Would like to ask for advice for loud TWS. so far all the TWS i bought only ZNT is loud enough. even the latest pair i bought (spunky beats) is also quite low in volume.

can check if galaxy buds+ belong to the loud category?

thanks

iphone or android?

if android your developer mode setting is correct?
disable absolute volume should be OFF so that both the volume on the bluetooth device and phone are sync-ed.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,837
Reaction score
2,284
Would like to ask for advice for loud TWS. so far all the TWS i bought only ZNT is loud enough. even the latest pair i bought (spunky beats) is also quite low in volume.

can check if galaxy buds+ belong to the loud category?

thanks

I owned the buds+. Let say I compared with tevi, it can be as loud as tevi, volume can be adjust using the bud itself.
 

Dannlimm

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
hmm i think ZNT is pretty good leh, loud and easy to use also! and for its price its performance really quite good too. I guess Samsung is not bad too but if on a budget I guess can consider ZNT! My brother uses Samsung Buds and I think not bad too but I think my ZNT also not bad haha i using this model if yall interested to see haha https://shopee.sg/ZNT-SoundBass-Plu...buds-Bluetooth-Earpiece-i.79731820.2589792378
 

boobip

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
132
I have the Haylou GT1 Plus and the Sabbat E12 Ultra. All 2 are pretty bass heavy buds that won't go wrong for the masses listening to pop songs or edm.

In order of ranking, my preference is Sabbat E12 Ultra over GT1 Plus

GT1 Plus is truly a bang for the buck Aptx earbuds. If you can get over it's 'Airdots' kinda look, most will be pretty pleased with it's performance. Soundstage-wise, it's just ok. If you have dolby atmos in your phone, it should improve the sound staging. Love the tiny charging case, the only downside is that it uses microusb instead of usb-c for charging. The earbuds unfortunately sticks out of my ears, otherwise it serves it's purpose very well as a secondary pair of buds for my use. The only downside is probably the 3.5 to 4 hours of playtime before the buds go flat, indeed pretty weak by today's standards.

Sabbat E12 Ultra is a very bright sounding pair of buds with good thumpy bass and soundstage. The beauty of the Sabbat E12 Ultra is its in-ear IEM style comfort and having a runtime of 6hrs+ continuous play. The case charges the buds 5 times easily. I only have to charge the case just once a week with pretty heavy listening.

I've tried playing both buds with mi max 3 and iphone X. In both cases, spotify premium sounded much better (fuller and more bass heavy) when played from the Mi Max 3.
 

boobip

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
132
Wow... ear infection!? Goodness....

I agree with the change of eartips. It actually play a very important factor for improving sound quality and getting better seal/comfort.

I am a sabbat e12 ultra user. This pair has near non-existent noise cancelling and I cannot get a good seal with the default eartips. But luckily I kept all the spare eartips of the wired earphones I used before and tried if they fit.

I managed to get a perfect fit from an old eartip that seals well, improving sound quality and noise cancelling than using the packaged eartips.

You might want to consider getting 4mm foam tips for the Sabbat E12 Ultra to give you a better seal. I am using different sized tips for both the left and right of the E12 Ultra as left ear canal is slightly larger than the right.
 

skye98

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Tf102uo.jpg


ended up buying. Went to have a look and couldn't resist. PWP S$39, so just bought like a pack of candy for S$0.90. Will test more after lunch.

hi,

I noticed there are light on the buds.. does the light lid when using? How is the battery life?

Thanks in advance!
 

Eileen007

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
2
for the truedot, is there a charging indicator for the earphones and the case?
Also, i can only use 1-amp adapter to charge it?
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,926
Reaction score
13,668
for the truedot, is there a charging indicator for the earphones and the case?
Also, i can only use 1-amp adapter to charge it?

There's red light indicator on the buds and case when charging. Will turn off when fully charged. I use my fast charger to charge no problem so far.
 

vengence_angels

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
2,295
Reaction score
27
Went to Yishun, United Sq both cannot find truedots. Sad. 😂

So far been to Clementi and vivo popular, both no need pwp, can straightaway buy at $39. IMO this tws is super value for money, gets a lot of things right, from controls to sound quality.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
hi,

I noticed there are light on the buds.. does the light lid when using? How is the battery life?

Thanks in advance!

when using the light on the truedot doesn't light up. But if it's connected to phone and no music is playing, there is a white led light. for me at the volume I'm using only can get 4hrs 20 mins or so of use.
 

Remless

Master Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
294
I have the Haylou GT1 Plus and the Sabbat E12 Ultra. All 2 are pretty bass heavy buds that won't go wrong for the masses listening to pop songs or edm.

In order of ranking, my preference is Sabbat E12 Ultra over GT1 Plus

GT1 Plus is truly a bang for the buck Aptx earbuds. If you can get over it's 'Airdots' kinda look, most will be pretty pleased with it's performance. Soundstage-wise, it's just ok. If you have dolby atmos in your phone, it should improve the sound staging. Love the tiny charging case, the only downside is that it uses microusb instead of usb-c for charging. The earbuds unfortunately sticks out of my ears, otherwise it serves it's purpose very well as a secondary pair of buds for my use. The only downside is probably the 3.5 to 4 hours of playtime before the buds go flat, indeed pretty weak by today's standards.

Sabbat E12 Ultra is a very bright sounding pair of buds with good thumpy bass and soundstage. The beauty of the Sabbat E12 Ultra is its in-ear IEM style comfort and having a runtime of 6hrs+ continuous play. The case charges the buds 5 times easily. I only have to charge the case just once a week with pretty heavy listening.

I've tried playing both buds with mi max 3 and iphone X. In both cases, spotify premium sounded much better (fuller and more bass heavy) when played from the Mi Max 3.

Yeah. Sabbat seems to have more engaging sound. I found a good fit using older eartips already.

Iphones are never built for sound quality. Lol. Especially using 3rd party buds.

A lot of tws has this 'airdots' look. But Xiaomi Airdots itself is one earbuds I will avoid like a plague. So many fakes around. Some buyers reported receiving a fake one even when the seller states in the ad that its 100% original.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top