Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Xethos

Reaction score
Anyone happens to own both Creative Outlier Air and Fiil T1 Lite?

I have been using Outlier air for more than 2 years, and I wonder if this Fiil T1 Lite has better sound quality compared to the creative earbud.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fiil t1 lite is smaller and has a smaller case than outlier air. Sound quality wise, both are good. Outlier air battery life better.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was using Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro for 2 months until my ears were allergic to the silicone tips! :cautious:

Ya! Strong bass, clear mid and high but as you said! The ANC is not the best. The Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro is build for awesome music sound! (y)

I'm using (have to use Semi-in-ear) Soundpeats True Air 2 (Awesome awesome music sound) now and waiting to test the Huawei Freebuds 4!
Got your Freebuds 4? Read the reviews and mostly are quite positive!

aCidz

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need a recommendation for wireless headphone/earphone that is great for:
- Zoom/Teams call via Windows PC/laptop (main usage)
- Zoom/Teams call via iphone (secondary - in case need to pick up call when cycling/commuting)

I have wired headphone + microphone setup for home, and it has been working fine for me until past 3 months (have a newborn now haha). And with newborn, sometimes I have to be on the call while carrying/feeding him and found the wired setup very mafan, hence looking for wireless option.

Happy to hear any recommendations :)

Budget-wise: I am okay for anything around airpods pro price range.

So far, have been considering: Aftershokz Opencomm, Airpods Pro, Edifier Neobuds Prod. But really can't decide yet.
This article (Best cheap wireless earbuds for video calls and Microsoft Teams) mentions that video calls are handled differently from phone calls, so maybe you can consider those in that list together with a slightly older article Best cheap TWS wireless earbuds for calls - Q4 2020 which actually rates indoor/outdoor phone call and video quality.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My personal Honest review of Airtwins A6 Bluetooth TWS wireless earbuds: Good or Bad?​

Hi everyone, I will be doing a review of the Airtwins A6 bluetooth wireless earbuds. This pair was bought at $13 Singapore Dollars from Shopee Singapore, after vouchers and discounts. According to Shopee Singapore, it has sold more than 400 sets and it has a high rating of 4.7/5 stars.

Here are some of its basic features

• Two colours: Black & White
  • Dimensions: (L) 55mm x (W) 33mm x (H) 34mm
  • Weight: Charging case: 33g, 25g. Earbud: 4g. 8g
  • Tactile button controls on earbuds.
  • No built-in volume level. Adjust overall vol. from phone/PC
  • Very slight PNC.
  • Claimed to use Qualcomm CVC 8.0 noise reduction for phone calls
  • Earbuds: 50mAh. Charging case: 300mAh. Micro-USB port
  • Standby 100 hours
  • Bluetooth 5.0 connection.
  • 5.8mm driver.
  • 1 x Built-in mic on each earbud.
  • IPX5 water resistant rating.

Design & built

• Shape and size is shorter, taller and thicker.
  • The charging case is PVC material. Glossy finishing and it is prone to finger prints.
  • After a few days of usage, it is prone to scuffs and scratches but they are not very obvious due to black colour.
  • There is a single Blue LED light next to micro USB port to indicate power
  • Zero logos. Very low profile, minimalist design. Nice.
  • Earbuds design is matt finishing, different from casing. No fingerprints magnet.
  • It uses physical tactile button on each earbud.
  • The earbuds are Round-shaped and they sit slightly raised in the charging case and that makes it very easy to take them out from the charging case with the tip of my index finger.
  • The charging case uses a magnet to keep the lid close. But If you flick the charging case with a bit more strength, it is not very strong to keep the lid close.
  • The magnets are not very strong for earbuds.
  • If you drop the charging case from knee height against hard surface, the impact will still cause the lid to open and the earbuds will fall out.

Comfort

• As the earbuds are round and thick, it is pretty easy to put them into my ears. And you WILL know that they are there. Due to the design, the ear tips goes very slightly into your ear canal.
  • After wearing it for like 1 hour straight, I started to experience a bit of ear fatigue.

Battery life

• The Earbuds are rated with 50mAh battery each
    • Close to 3hrs per charge on music at 50% vol
    • Close to 3hrs per charge on phonecall
    • Close to 3hrs per charge on zoom/Skype call set at max vol.
    • When it is at Low-batt, I will start to experience intermittent connection
    • The red LED light on the earbuds will start flashing once every 5 seconds to indicate low power
    • The Red LED light will come on when it is charging in case.

• The Charging case is rated with 300mAh battery
    • It can recharge both earbuds up to 2 times. Giving me around 7 to 9 hours total usage.
    • It is able to charge the earbuds independently, up to 4 times in total.
    • The Blue LED will lit up to indicate charging
    • It takes than less 60 minutes to charge the earbuds from 0-100
    • The Case itself takes around 1.5hrs to be fully charged via micro USB. The Blinking blue LED light indicate re-charging. It will turn into Solid Blue LED light when 100% charged
    • The charging magnets connected to the earbuds are not very strong. Quite a few times I realised my earbuds were not charging at all after I put them back into the charging case and I need to manually push down the earbuds to activate the charging.

Connectivity

• Uses Bluetooth 5.0 version
  • Supports Bluetooth profile: HSP/HFP/A2DP/AVRCP
  • Transmission distance: up to 10metres (unblocked). So far, I only managed 3metres
  • For initial BT pairing, the earbuds will be blinking Red/blue led to indicate pairing mode. The name "A6Z" will pop up on the Bluetooth devices list and It is pretty effortless to connect on Android, iPhone, PC & laptop.
  • There is no fixed master/slave, so I am able to use each earbud independently after pairing.
  • During my 1 week usage, it is comm to face random intermittent disconnection when I was listening to music on my iphone. But I don't face such issues on PC & laptop. I also do not have any issues for Video conferencing and phone calls.
  • The earbuds switches effortlessly between music, video and phone calls.

Connection/Disconnection issue

• After I put the earbuds back into the charging case, the earbuds were still connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth. It does not cut off the Bluetooth connection automatically. I needed to manually go into the BT menu to disconnect the earbuds from my iPhone.
  • Sometimes after I manually deactivated the BT connection between my iphone and the earbuds, the earbuds will still reconnect back with my iphone via BT without my knowledge.
  • These two issues has a direct impact on the earbuds battery life.
  • There is a 3rd issue whereby I will need to manually switch on the earbuds after I took them out from the charging case so that they can connect with my iphone. This also happens to Android phones.

Controls

• The physical tactile buttons are clicky. And very responsive.
  • Below are the buttons pre-assigned functions:
    • Single Click: Play/pause or Answer/End call
    • Double click: Call “Last dialled” number
    • Triple click: No functions
    • Press & hold: 3 Secs: Next song
    • Press & hold: 2 secs: Reject call
    • Press & hold: 5 secs: Power off. Press & hold 2 secs power On
  • When you need to push the controls, do take note that you will temporarily push the earbud slightly deeper into your ear canal. Personally I have no issues.

Exercise, workout, gym, jogging

• The IPX5 water resistant rating is true and this means that you can wear it under light rain or wash it under a regular running water tap to clean off any sweat or dust or dirt.

Music quality

• 5.8mm driver. Audio frequency: 20hz - 20Khz. Sensitivity 98dB + 3
  • According to audiocheck.net, the upper frequency is at 16Khz and not 20Khz as mentioned by the manufacturer.
  • Audio level at 30% volume level is pretty soft. Need to increase to 50-60%
  • The audio drivers are pretty ok, the music won’t crack even at max volume
  • Music quality wise. Generally, it is less “bassy” and less muffled. Vocals are clear.
  • Nothing to mention about "sound stage"
  • No added audio processing, as there is no built-in app to adjust the EQ. Personally I feel that it is ok for casual music listening and enjoyment.

Audio quality with games

• Audio quality with games is good. Stereo quality. Able to differentiate Left and Right.
  • Audio delay is barely noticeable for casual, non-competitive gaming sessions.
  • It is not able to pin-point the exact location of the sound, so these earbuds are not suitable for certain games and FPS games which rely heavily on sound location and precision.

Mic quality

• Mic quality is basic & average quality.
  • Mic quality for calls largely depends on location. The quality is audible if you are indoors and the opposite party is able to hear you clearly but when you're outdoor, the quality is really bad as the mic will pick up all the ambience sound and the audio chip is not able to differentiate and isolate speaker’s voice from the ambient sound.
  • Call quality is not consistent. Call quality also depends on the type of apps used to make calls

Summary

• Pros are: True IPX5 water resistant, which is uncommon for wireless earbuds around this price point. Decent audio quality for casual Game play, Zoom/Skype Calls for WFH.
  • Cons: Short battery life. No ANC. No dedicated app. Not really suitable for Music enjoyment. Audio level need to be at least 50%-60% to be loud enough. Cannot use Smartphone assistant such as Google Assistant & Siri
Final Verdict

• Are they worth it? Imo, I won’t really recommend this earbuds to anyone due to the design, bluetooth random connection & disconnection issues and short battery life, even though its only $13. It is better to look at other earbuds such as QCY T1C, Air-3 mini, Amoi F9.

There you have it, this is my personal review on the Airtwins A6 wireless earbuds.

Feel free to check out the video version of my review :)

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got that. Very good sound. Noise cancellation is super. Connectivity is average. More sensitive to interference. Get these only for the sound and noise cancellation.
I would like to make changes to what I mentioned. The reviews which say bad connections are the first batch adopters.
This Gemini was being recalled somewhere late 2020 or early 2021, then they resolved all the software issues. So, from my understanding, most or if not all the issues which 1st batch are facing had been ironed out. So the Gemini which are now on the shelves are all latest revisions. From what I know, the right side is now fix as a Master and left side is a slave. Tested one today and it really blow me away, blow away the MW08 which I used it to compare with.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I would like to make changes to what I mentioned. The reviews which say bad connections are the first batch adopters.
This Gemini was being recalled somewhere late 2020 or early 2021, then they resolved all the software issues. So, from my understanding, most or if not all the issues which 1st batch are facing had been ironed out. So the Gemini which are now on the shelves are all latest revisions. From what I know, the right side is now fix as a Master and left side is a slave. Tested one today and it really blow me away, blow away the MW08 which I used it to compare with.
Yes. It blows the MW08 up down center left right. I looking to sell the MW08. The Gemini is very enjoyable. The best TW that i owned so far. It is even better than MTW2 and XM4. Please note that i only compare sound quality.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
B&O also released their first TWS with ANC, the Beoplay EQ.

But the price is a put off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.