Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
sold off all my TWS and using a Beats Fit Pro which I will return soon to Apple Store - too muddy for my liking.

have my eyes set on, and ordered a LG FP8 from LG Store on Lazada for good sale price going on now...

For me, I tried out a few contenders at Stereo Electronics (great team there btw):
1) Jabra Elite 75t, Elite 7 Active - disgusting sound, muddy bass, overhyped
2) Jabra Elite 85t - bought a pair from Lazada thought I got a good deal, but the bluetooth kept dropping which was ridiculous for a premium TWS and the hissing sound is annoying
3) Sony XM1004 - Overhyped, overpriced (to me)
4) Sony XM1003 - i actually like the sound better than XM1004 but the upper range doesn't sound clean
5) Sennheiser CX PLUS - cannot believe I wanted to get this. sounds very muddy and unclear.
6) Sennheiser Momentum2 TWS - sounds "good" but for $299 really... and the one at Stereo had very bad BT connection so not much faith in it plus it's a lot older too.

I really like the clean/bright sounds that my previous 2 favourites OPPO Enco W51 and Edifier TWS1 pro but OPPO is too touch sensitive whereas Edifier had trash connectivity.

in the end I tried the FP8 and my God the sound was very clean on default, much to my liking. the sub-bass is good too and I can pick out the "dumz dumz" in a EDM remix I listen to, which I've never picked out before on any other TWS.

plus it comes in Gold. and I prefer the FP8 to the FP9 because wireless charging can be more useful to me rather than a bluetooth transmitter. but of course LG would want to fk us over by making us choose either one, haha.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Anyone tried the QCY T17S before? Budget ear buds with BT5.2, aptX... looking for low latency TWS... for gaming... but super budget... thanks!
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Anyone tried the QCY T17S before? Budget ear buds with BT5.2, aptX... looking for low latency TWS... for gaming... but super budget... thanks!
For gaming?
Consider AWEI TA8 and QCY HT03

these two have very low sound latency for FPS games


AWEI TA8 Review + Mic Test + Gaming Test + ANC Test.



QCY HT03 Review + Mic Test + Gaming Test + ANC Test
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
For gaming?
Consider AWEI TA8 and QCY HT03

these two have very low sound latency for FPS games


AWEI TA8 Review + Mic Test + Gaming Test + ANC Test.



QCY HT03 Review + Mic Test + Gaming Test + ANC Test

Hello Jonny! Wow! Finally we have a local YouTube reviewer of budget TWS ear buds... the AWEI TA8 is very intriguing... I like AWEI actually... I have 2 pairs of circumaural headphones for my TV and they work very well... very good value for money...

But these earbuds aren't for myself... I hate them... the earbuds are meant as gift... the person who will use this set of earbuds has certain needs:

1. Will be used under a motorcycle helmet. So I don't know if having a stem is good or not good for wearing a helmet over... I don't use earbuds and I have never ridden a motorcycle.

2. Gaming mode is important, this person games... loves PUBG so latency and sound directionality is important...

3. Mic quality is pretty important since this person does pick up calls while on his motorcycle... apparently he can reach inside his helmet to tap on the earbuds to pick up a call... the previous pair I gave him had the issue of not being able to be heard when he was on a call on a noisy street as the mic pick-up cut-in and out randomly...

From the two recommendations above, it seems like the AWEI TA8 has much better mic quality. The audio pic-up in noisy environments is pretty good still. BUT it has those stems... so not sure if it works... the reason I was looking at the QCY T17S was cos it was without the stems.... but I understand that having the stems improves mic quality?

Do let me know your thoughts!

Thank you once again for the local channel! And keep up the good work bro!
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
For wearing under helmet…

i actually recommend another earbuds

the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo

but since the earbuds are inside the helmet… i really dunno how the user will be able to use the touch control to answer and reject calls XD lolx



i always feel that it is better to get a Helmet with built-in bluetooth mic and earphones
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
For wearing under helmet…

i actually recommend another earbuds

the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo

but since the earbuds are inside the helmet… i really dunno how the user will be able to use the touch control to answer and reject calls XD lolx



i always feel that it is better to get a Helmet with built-in bluetooth mic and earphones

But your review specifically says that cannot be used for phone calls... ha ha... so I not including this plus the voice over is in Chinese which again is a no-no cos this person doesn't speak Chinese... sorry... got many conditions...

Helmet with built-in mic is pretty expensive lor... ha ha... sure get stolen where the person receiving it is from... not local lor...

I'm quite set on getting the Awei TA8 cos I have good prior experience with this brand lor... and your review is pretty good.... not sure if you have anything more to add? I see prices on Shopee range from $45 to $39.90... wonder can get cheaper anywhere else or not... Amazon is over-priced... Lazada & Qoo100 can't find...
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Awei TA8 lazada :)
https://s.lazada.sg/s.0dfvx
Good recommendations for under motorcycle not easy XD as I am not a rider myself… so far I only have one friend say Realme buds Air 2 Neo best for listening to music under helmet and for sleep

if your friend is android user… can consider redmi buds 3 pro too
 

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
12,239
Reaction score
116
im using lypertek tevi for the past 3 yrs, nowadays it gets abit cranky due to BT connectivity issues.

Looking for the next successor, which one would be good enough with a budget of less than $300 preferably?
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
im using lypertek tevi for the past 3 yrs, nowadays it gets abit cranky due to BT connectivity issues.

Looking for the next successor, which one would be good enough with a budget of less than $300 preferably?
Hmmmmm… may I ask a few more questions?

1) What’s your budget?
2) Do you prefer an app for extra controls n features?
3) Whats your usual music genre?
4) in terms of ANC requirements, do you have any specific requirements such as “Need to reduce low humming sounds, AC sound, crowd chattering etc”???
5) Do you intend to use it for gaming as well?
6) Do you commute on motorbike? And any intentions to wear your earbuds underneath your helmet?
7) Battery life?
8) Using it with Android or iPhone?
 

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
12,239
Reaction score
116
Hmmmmm… may I ask a few more questions?

1) What’s your budget? <$300
2) Do you prefer an app for extra controls n features? dont really matter, good to have
3) Whats your usual music genre? depends, no fixed genre, most of the time EDM/songs that have nice bass
4) in terms of ANC requirements, do you have any specific requirements such as “Need to reduce low humming sounds, AC sound, crowd chattering etc”??? N/A
5) Do you intend to use it for gaming as well? seldom, mostly music/calling
6) Do you commute on motorbike? And any intentions to wear your earbuds underneath your helmet? N/A
7) Battery life? the longer the better...but not crucial
8) Using it with Android or iPhone? Android/Computer
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,914
Reaction score
13,645
im using lypertek tevi for the past 3 yrs, nowadays it gets abit cranky due to BT connectivity issues.

Looking for the next successor, which one would be good enough with a budget of less than $300 preferably?
If can go slightly above $300, can consider technics az60. Excellent sound quality and app support and good all round. Downside is the case don't have wireless charging.
 

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
12,239
Reaction score
116
If can go slightly above $300, can consider technics az60. Excellent sound quality and app support and good all round. Downside is the case don't have wireless charging.

$300-ish range, i shortlisted a few though

- Klipsch T5 II ANC
- Lypertek Z7
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Awei TA8 lazada :)
https://s.lazada.sg/s.0dfvx
Good recommendations for under motorcycle not easy XD as I am not a rider myself… so far I only have one friend say Realme buds Air 2 Neo best for listening to music under helmet and for sleep

if your friend is android user… can consider redmi buds 3 pro too

Shopee seems cheaper:

https://shopee.sg/AWEI-(Model-TA8)-...1?sp_atk=721bd544-d745-4534-8a37-62000e9033d7
https://shopee.sg/AWEI-TA8-ANC-FUNC...5?sp_atk=c09b9396-4892-4f7b-a435-fbb2f3f9051e
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Awei TA8 lazada :)
https://s.lazada.sg/s.0dfvx
Good recommendations for under motorcycle not easy XD as I am not a rider myself… so far I only have one friend say Realme buds Air 2 Neo best for listening to music under helmet and for sleep

if your friend is android user… can consider redmi buds 3 pro too
Wah... the Redmi Buds 3 Pro cost almost $90 ah??? Out of range leh...
 

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
any thoughts on Realme Buds Air 2 Neo? I can buy from China via Lazada... thinking of it vs Redmi Buds 3 Pro vs Jabra Elite 3 for running and gym use.
 

dinosaur2776

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
1,485
Hi guys i need replacement for my faulty creative outlier.

Generally looking for the following requirements

A. Good sound quality. Equal or better than creative.
B. No stem
C. Call quality is not requirement.

Budget is nothing more than 150
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
any thoughts on Realme Buds Air 2 Neo? I can buy from China via Lazada... thinking of it vs Redmi Buds 3 Pro vs Jabra Elite 3 for running and gym use.
Personally i will recommend you to consider Buds Air 2 Neo vs Jabra Elite 3

Feel free to check out my review on REALME Buds Air 2 Neo
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top