As I am new here, I have been reading and searching for an surveillance camera online. I stumbled on this thread and have been reading quite a fair bit.
I must compliment the service by sineoji. I bought 2 of their ip cameras 2 days ago and no doubt I am completely satisfied with their service. Camera reach me a day later after I ordered online and it was installed on my premises on the ceiling of my hall and the kitchen. He advised me on the desired spot that will be appropriate. Soon after, he downloaded the app on my Samsung Note and configured the camera. I can view it online connecting on my home wifi and my mobile data plan. He requested me to Pan the camera strictly on my mobile data and if I was satisfied, and yes is amazing. (The camera in the living hall is fabulous as it captures almost the entire landscape of the hall and dining area)
I asked him if I can view the camera in my office, he advised me to download the app and install it in my office PC so that I can view it live. However, I shared with him that there are some restrictions in my office, such that I am unable to install any software on my PC.
He took the extra effort to provide me an alternative solution where I can view the cameras by using my web browser in my office by entering the address link.
This is absolutely great !
After reading the feedback from this thread, I contacted Dean. He recommended the PT597V and installed it on Saturday. Btw, I am getting a camera for the living room since i will be getting a domestic helper. I needed a camera which i could view through the internet as well one that has recording capabilities. Hope my feedback will be useful for fellow forumers:
- reasonable picture quality (i say reasonable because this is my first IP camera so i cant compare but it is good enough for me)
- wireless capability (only cable required is the AC power cable). Dean installed the power cable trunking and did a good job.
- good wide viewing angle, night vision works.
- free app makes it easy to view anytime. I installed the app on my mum's phone (no IT knowledge) and even she knows how to use it now. I see that some forumers are complaining about the app but it actually works good for me. (I do notice the app seems to responsd more smoothly on my andriod phone as compared to my sister's iphone?)
- able to control camera angle/rotation using app.
- i bought a 64gb micro SD card for the camera. I was told it should be able to record for more than half a month which is good enough for me.
Overall, i have no complaints and i am a satisfied customer. thanks Dean for the prompt post sales support regarding the SD card and recording function.
I have the privilege of trying out this afternoon Sineoji's latest offering - PT619V, 2MP (1080p) 170° ipcam. For you to have a sense of the angle perspective of the PT603V and PT619V, below are the photos for comparison:
Let me play with it for a while before I share with you more........
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.