Wireless IP Camera thread

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Previously i asked about the xiaomi 360 1080p camera the replies are gone? someone replied me but its gone haha!

Anyone know xiaomi 360 cam has any pc windows app? i'm planning to give the xiaomi 360 1080p cam a try.
I think due to forum upgrade, 5 good days of replies are gone. One more thing to add on is Xiaomi 360 camera streaming is faster than many expensive reputable brands which I myself tested. Example when you pass by this area, Xiaomi 360 took 1.5 secs before u appear in the camera. I tested comparing dahua, Hik, reolink, Unifi, Netgear Arlo, all need at least 3-5 seconds before u will appear in the camera. Anyway, my job required me to install CCTV and I can do all these comparsions. So, for personal home use, Xiaomi 360 is a very good buy. U can also link up with your home NAS(Need to have SD card install and SD card will backup to NAS) if u wanna backup your recordings which I am doing now.

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still using my very old DaFang and YiCam (first model). Sadly can only connect via China MiHome thus prone to server connection timeout issues. Unfortunately, unable to connect via the imilab pc app (hacked) nor Sg server mihome.

For the new recent models, are all the export/global variants being able to connect either both sg / china server or are there still regional restrictions in place for same model (sub-variant, global / china export etc)?

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still using my very old DaFang and YiCam (first model). Sadly can only connect via China MiHome thus prone to server connection timeout issues. Unfortunately, unable to connect via the imilab pc app (hacked) nor Sg server mihome.

For the new recent models, are all the export/global variants being able to connect either both sg / china server or are there still regional restrictions in place for same model (sub-variant, global / china export etc)?
It's better that u get SG or global version for all your Mi or Yi product else u will need to connect to 2 different servers. For my Mi products, I only get global or SG local version and I had zero issues on connection so far. Currently, I had about total of 9 Xiaomi 360 cameras on my MiHome app.

eauyong

Reaction score
It's better that u get SG or global version for all your Mi or Yi product else u will need to connect to 2 different servers. For my Mi products, I only get global or SG local version and I had zero issues on connection so far. Currently, I had about total of 9 Xiaomi 360 cameras on my MiHome app.
I bought the Xiaomi Mijia Xiaobai Smart Camera Popular Version 1080P HD, it can connect to the Singapore server. However, there are quite a few versions around.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Xiaomi Mijia Xiaobai Smart Camera Popular Version 1080P HD, it can connect to the Singapore server. However, there are quite a few versions around.
Is it 1080p 360 camera? If yes, u are using the same as mine. I had 1st generation one and also latest gen one. But I think Popular already sold out cos previously I call to check all their outlets, only left one outlet with 5 pieces left, I grab it all. Need to check whether did they restock and also challenger do not carry that XiaoMi 360 camera anymore.

eauyong

Reaction score
Is it 1080p 360 camera? If yes, u are using the same as mine. I had 1st generation one and also latest gen one. But I think Popular already sold out cos previously I call to check all their outlets, only left one outlet with 5 pieces left, I grab it all. Need to check whether did they restock and also challenger do not carry that XiaoMi 360 camera anymore.
No. It is the cheapest Xiaomi camera called xiaobai selling in Lazada and Shopee.

340bae548a6ce6129adafe4156e1e7ed844bba22_original.jpeg

AcEz874

Reaction score
-------------------------------------eauyong
"For home or office use : IMILAB (Xiaomi's subsidiary) Windows program which have max 9 cameras view or zoom in to any one view or 4 views. Play back historical files from each individual camera if microsd card is inserted. Example is my two Xiaomi cameras below.

Xiaomi%2BIMILAB%2B9%2Bcameras%2Bview.jpg

This software version below link is good for the Singapore server. Don't forget to read "PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE USING THE APP".
Most of the camera models are covered but there are some models you need to do some mod/changes to the device profile.
smile.gif

I do not have any PTZ camera but on the mobile phone screen with Mijia apk, you can pinch with 2 fingers to adjust zoom; not on the Windows app.

Just as a reference for members interested to know, the left side camera is the Xiaobai lightweight 65g camera and the right side is the Mijia Smart Outdoor IP65 Waterproof Camera. Both are 1080p, glass lens, cmos sensor, H.265 video coding. Difference is the Xiaobai wide angle 110°. The Mijia outdoor IP65 is wider at 170°. You will notice the more pronounced curvature of the Mijia outdoor camera due to this wider angle.

I think those that are sold under IMILAB will be included in the device_profile. Otherwise, one have to mod the device_profile by guestwork. Those already programmed included the followings:-

model:"xiaovv.camera.xvb4", description:"Xiaovv Outdoor IP65",
model: "isa.camera.hlc6", description:"Mi Camera Magnetic",
model:"mijia.camera.v1", model: "chuangmi.camera.v2", description:"ipc003",
model:"mijia.camera.v3", model: "mijia.camera.v4",
model: "chuangmi.camera.v5",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc009",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc020",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc021",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc007b",
model: "chuangmi.camera.v6",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc013", description:"小白智能摄像机青春版013A",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc016",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ip026c",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc021",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ip029a",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc017",
model: "chuangmi.camera.025b02",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019e",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc019b",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc013d",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc004b",
model: "chuangmi.gateway.ipc011",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc010",
model: "chuangmi.camera.xiaobai",
model: "chuangmi.camera.ipc022",

Above list (include the Mi Camera Magnetic) can work on DSmartLife v.1.0 which I am using. For the newest version DSmartLife v.1.1, even though I mod the device profile to include the model: "isa.camera.hlc6" "Mi Camera Magnetic", the Mijia outdoor IP65 does not work. Only the xiaobai lightweight camera works. ATM, I revert back to use the old version 1.0. I suspect that Imilab must have modified some files in the new version to prevent hacking.

Thanks for the reply! omg you managed to find the previous lost posts by eauyong haha! i saw this video online too! i guess this is the only work around.

AcEz874

Reaction score
I think due to forum upgrade, 5 good days of replies are gone. One more thing to add on is Xiaomi 360 camera streaming is faster than many expensive reputable brands which I myself tested. Example when you pass by this area, Xiaomi 360 took 1.5 secs before u appear in the camera. I tested comparing dahua, Hik, reolink, Unifi, Netgear Arlo, all need at least 3-5 seconds before u will appear in the camera. Anyway, my job required me to install CCTV and I can do all these comparsions. So, for personal home use, Xiaomi 360 is a very good buy. U can also link up with your home NAS(Need to have SD card install and SD card will backup to NAS) if u wanna backup your recordings which I am doing now.
Ya i saw so overwhelming positive reviews! also this camera work with google assistance and alexa which i can utilize it for my smart home!

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. It is the cheapest Xiaomi camera called xiaobai selling in Lazada and Shopee.

340bae548a6ce6129adafe4156e1e7ed844bba22_original.jpeg
This look sleek! This type is without pan and zoom right(fix position)? I'll go popular and take a look later on. I need one more for my kitchen as recently birds like to patronise my kitchen.

eauyong

Reaction score
This look sleek! This type is without pan and zoom right(fix position)? I'll go popular and take a look later on. I need one more for my kitchen as recently birds like to patronise my kitchen.
This type is not PTZ so it is different from 360. The description in the online sales is 'popular' version and NOT popular 'bookshop'. :rolleyes:

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This type is not PTZ so it is different from 360. The description in the online sales is 'popular' version and NOT popular 'bookshop'. :rolleyes:
Oh, I thought U bought it from popular.. :ROFLMAO: Ok, I will search it from Shopee and see.

EastSider

Reaction score
hi people! is there an IP camera that is wireless and require no direct power?

Seems like u guys know a lot! hope to know more!

Thank you!

eauyong

Reaction score
I concur to your observations above.
My friend also bought the xiaobai camera and he made comparision with his Dlink camera which costs about 10 times more.
His actual comments:-
"D link went into night vision at this brightness"
"Xiaomi is more sensitive . Can work under dim light"
"Watch the detection of a flying insect" <=== refering to Xiaomi's motion detection at night.

Due to privacy, I cannot upload the video of his home showing the camera activated by a flying insect at night.
--

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I concur to your observations above.
My friend also bought the xiaobai camera and he made comparision with his Dlink camera which costs about 10 times more.
His actual comments:-
"D link went into night vision at this brightness"
"Xiaomi is more sensitive . Can work under dim light"
"Watch the detection of a flying insect" <=== refering to Xiaomi's motion detection at night.

Due to privacy, I cannot upload the video of his home showing the camera activated by a flying insect at night.
--
This proof that cheap doesn't mean lousy but in fact it's way ahead of expensive ones!

eauyong

Reaction score
This proof that cheap doesn't mean lousy but in fact it's way ahead of expensive ones!
Wow, exactly what my friend said. In fact, I find that Xiaomi's AI tech (software) is good besides their hardware. Some website mention Xiaomi uses Sony lens but I am not sure if it is true or not?

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, exactly what my friend said. In fact, I find that Xiaomi's AI tech (software) is good besides their hardware. Some website mention Xiaomi uses Sony lens but I am not sure if it is true or not?
I am not too sure how true is it with regards to those website mentioned, I trust myself cos I had used their cameras for over 6-7 years and it's still rocking good. The image quality is good for a 1080P and the first gen 720P is still good as well although slightly lower in resolution. That's why I dare to recommend those who wanna "cheap and good", XiaoMi camera should be in their consideration. My friend also used Xiaomi camera for his office after I recommended to him, he told me it's good and reliable. He used a NAS to backup his video and so far, everything is fine after 2 years of usage. Only exception is one of the SD card up lorry and he just replace it, settled.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.