Wireless IP Camera thread

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. will probably get 2 from taobao.

can't seem to find a location to fix just one PTZ camera to cover both kitchen and hall. so likely to install 2 camera.

is cheap and decent.

Xiaoyi is good. Wide angled lens and easy to use. Quality on par with all cameras on market. Cheaper will b what i previously recommended. Rmb99 from taobao.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Vstarcam done it again. Now their c series firmware recording for some reason will stop recording on its own. And you need to format microsd and redo recording. Very unreliable product.

6 of my colleagues' friends C series bought recently from online all bricked. From what I see, again are the processors burnt out. Syptom is camera's LAN are forever lited up and camera does not do the auto self check during booting. Less than 4 months usage.

Jialat jialat...

hitlerstalin

Reaction score
Thank u Sineoji for the great service!
I bought 4 IP Cameras from them.The installer explained n installed all the software on my imac n my phones. The installation was professionally done.
I also highly recommend Sineoji and the installer!

eting72

Reaction score
another happy customer for the sineoji ip cam.
bought 2 cams and Dean came to install it yesterday...on a Sunday!
had actually met him when i bought an older model power plug years back, the after sales and delivery service has not changed. thumbs up for that.

installation done within an hour and setting it up was easier than i thought. read an old review stating connecting to router and all but everything was done in a breeze clicking a few buttons!

viewing is as good as it gets though i can't comment much as i have not seen other models.

but with the type of service rendered, i'll stick to sineoji for now.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another happy customer for the sineoji ip cam.
bought 2 cams and Dean came to install it yesterday...on a Sunday!
had actually met him when i bought an older model power plug years back, the after sales and delivery service has not changed. thumbs up for that.

installation done within an hour and setting it up was easier than i thought. read an old review stating connecting to router and all but everything was done in a breeze clicking a few buttons!

viewing is as good as it gets though i can't comment much as i have not seen other models.

but with the type of service rendered, i'll stick to sineoji for now.

i am still hoping they will improve on their web ui as well as allowing videos to be stored on FTP.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
i am still hoping they will improve on their web ui as well as allowing videos to be stored on FTP.

speaking of improvement

they need to fix the incorrect position of the IP cam after a power on ( should face in the center) or allow users to set a default position of the IP CAM after a power on or re start. and also the alarm bug when no wifi connected ( when your IPCam is turned on before your router and when you use wifi only) ( Sineoji PT495V)

their web UI can do improvement. i agree.

FTP is supported i believe?

hopefully they will release something soon.

but overall the webui/function/Service and support is 9/10. they just need to iron out a few bugs and improve the web UI.

support is very respoensive
doubt you will get anything like that in singapore.

Last edited:

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for inputs. For all models of Sineoji IP Cameras, PT49x, PT59x and PT603x,

For videos to be stored on the ftp server, first you must insert a SD card into the ipcam.

Go to alarm settings in the UI, check the box "save video to ftp server"

Go to the ftp server menu, enter your ftp server address, password and the path you wish to store the video.

Video stored on the ftp server is based on motion alarm.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speaking of improvement

they need to fix the incorrect position of the IP cam after a power on ( should face in the center) or allow users to set a default position of the IP CAM after a power on or re start. and also the alarm bug when no wifi connected ( when your IPCam is turned on before your router and when you use wifi only) ( Sineoji PT495V)

their web UI can do improvement. i agree.

FTP is supported i believe?

hopefully they will release something soon.

but overall the webui/function/Service and support is 9/10. they just need to iron out a few bugs and improve the web UI.

support is very respoensive
doubt you will get anything like that in singapore.

The default camera can be set - i only used their web ui. So yup, it works once you saved it. It can also be set to the center if you enable it. NO issues with the alarm bug and etc on both of my units - on wifi as well.

FTP is supported, yes. Only with a SD card installed. I have no idea why is there a need for that. Probably a store and dump approach.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for inputs. For all models of Sineoji IP Cameras, PT49x, PT59x and PT603x,

For videos to be stored on the ftp server, first you must insert a SD card into the ipcam.

Go to alarm settings in the UI, check the box "save video to ftp server"

Go to the ftp server menu, enter your ftp server address, password and the path you wish to store the video.

Video stored on the ftp server is based on motion alarm.

another problem i've have.

limit on video length capped at 900seconds (10mins) only on the SD Card

Video stored on the FTP server is only for motion alarm which lasted like 10-20s and have no way to lengthen it.

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
another problem i've have.

limit on video length capped at 900seconds (10mins) only on the SD Card

Video stored on the FTP server is only for motion alarm which lasted like 10-20s and have no way to lengthen it.

Hi batniss,

For 24 hours continuous recording, the video will be recorded on a 10 mins clip transition continuously for 24 hours, 30 days.

The reason of doing that in the event should there be any wifi disconnectivity, only that 10 mins of video is affected. If the recording is recorded on a 60 mins transition, 60 mins of video will be will be hit as a result should there be any wifi disconnectivity.

Probably we will fine tune the firmware to increase it to 20 mins clip transition.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi batniss,

For 24 hours continuous recording, the video will be recorded on a 10 mins clip transition continuously for 24 hours, 30 days.

The reason of doing that in the event should there be any wifi disconnectivity, only that 10 mins of video is affected. If the recording is recorded on a 60 mins transition, 60 mins of video will be will be hit as a result should there be any wifi disconnectivity.

Probably we will fine tune the firmware to increase it to 20 mins clip transition.

Dear balboa,

on Foscam i can set a longer period so that i can reduce the amount of files i have to keep, transfer or track.

If there is a WIFI disconnectivity, the Foscam will simply create a new file.

I hope that will not be a reason to not implement a longer recording time.

jwattbradley

Reaction score
I have an ipcam and it has been very frustrating. Most of the time I have not been able to connect. If I manage to connect, I can view but when I rotate the camera from my iPhone, the video stay still until about 8 seconds later, then I can see the video starting to rotate. But the delay is not acceptable. I thought it was a wifi related problem but when I connect an ethernet cable directly to the ipcamera through the router, no improvement.

I am using 4G and my home broadband is 300 mbps fibre which is sufficient in my opinion.

Anyone can tell me what is wrong ? If i get another new set, I am just afraid that the same issue appears as what i am experiencing now.

goodwin

Reaction score
I have an ipcam and it has been very frustrating. Most of the time I have not been able to connect. If I manage to connect, I can view but when I rotate the camera from my iPhone, the video stay still until about 8 seconds later, then I can see the video starting to rotate. But the delay is not acceptable. I thought it was a wifi related problem but when I connect an ethernet cable directly to the ipcamera through the router, no improvement.

I am using 4G and my home broadband is 300 mbps fibre which is sufficient in my opinion.

Anyone can tell me what is wrong ? If i get another new set, I am just afraid that the same issue appears as what i am experiencing now.

I encountered exactly the same problem as you do in the past with an unknown brand of ip camera. It is not worth the money, time and effort running all over and getting it fixed and exchanged.

Go and get the sineoji camera and see the difference, real-time, when you pan, the video moves instantly with no delayed frames or lag. I am sure the folks from sineoji will be able to give you a live demo before you purchase.

I am a heavy mac user, getting my cameras supported on iMac and my macbook pro is a priority. The sineoji folks assisted me in the configuration setup during the installation process when I ordered the cameras online.

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
Heating issue is hardware. Its a problem on their C series for quite a while. I have also tried power adapter change, it makes no difference. It is the hardware. CEF was doing 200 unit clearance of a C series at $8 with no warranty a while ago.

Also, OEM hardware now can b easily bought in china. The board can b bought from A, imaging from B, assemble together and you have the same thing. Keke.

And I see that MARIX is also selling OEM of wanscam already which is the same as Sineoji. Expect to see more competitive pricing soon which is good for consumers since everyone is offering site setups, 3 years warranty

I have recently switched to POE for my 2 Vstarcam C7838WIP and C7824WIP. The POE splitter is pumping out 6.5vdc instead of 5vdc and it seems to solve the problems I faced such as hang, auto reboot, unable to pan to preset upon boot.

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
seems that latest updates for vstarcam screwed alot of things up.

1. Mobile app eye4 keeps crashing for no reason
2. Vscam no longer able to do any firmware upgrades
3. Ip camera finder tool and smart upgrade tool having issues locating cameras on lan.
4. Reset of camera, the camera keeps detecting wrong encryption from router. Setup impossible to continue using mobile. Only way is to manual setup via webui.

zzzzZZZZ...

I have no issues with eyes android app.
Don't need to reset my cams at all.

Infact I use Tinycam Monitor Pro. Perfect for remote live viewing.

But I have to say the C7838WIP is one of the best Cams around. C7824WIP is really a budget cam but it has good low lux sensor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_80m_FzsV30T3ZfS3FSc3F0d1k/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score

what brand?

sounds to me you have a faulty unit..

did u try a reset?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.