Wireless IP Camera thread

Marple

Reaction score
Talking about wireless camera, just bought 2 wireless cameras from sineoji website (pt 528).. Video quality is good enough and I am satisfied with service from Sineoji guy (Dean). He delivered the stuff and helped to mount the cameras to the wall. His service is extraordinary.
Thanks for Sineoji/Dean.
Hi can check are you still using the Sineoji PT 528 cam? any idea where to get support? Thanks

rainforest

Reaction score
Hi, my mi home security camera 1080p recently sometimes has this "camera in sleep mode" , tap to wake up appear and camera load up to 91% . When tap nothing happen. Whats wrong?

RobVanDam

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys sorry if this is wrong place but just thought i'd add on my queries to this thread as most of the experts should be here!

Requirements
  1. I want to do a top down video stream of table top gaming.
  2. Need to capture a 10ft by 5 ft table surface areas from 1.7m away (Distance from table top to Ceiling), preferably with minimum distortion
  3. Preference of video quality is minimum 1080p / 30fps, best would be 4k/60fps
  4. Would like to have a RSTP stream so that i can capture it live on OBS, if not at least to record into the device or cloud for later usage
  5. Would prefer that the camera can be wirelessly switched on and off has Pan Tilt Zoom for minor adjustments (The camera will be permanently mounted to the ceiling)
From my research i have come up with the following solutions and problems

Solution 1:Use a e27 IP Security Camera (Tried but can be better)
I tried this out and purchased a cheap one, it was easy to install as i already have E27 on my ceiling.
However the video quality especially the FPS was only capped at 15, and was not able to get a RSTP stream probably because i got the TUYA smart home version.

In all if there was a e27 format with better FPS this would still be serviceable solution especially for the price

Solution 2: Get a dedicated PTZ camera
Some thing like this this , however these are very expensive and still requires some wiring.
But quality confirm good.

Solution3: Run a high Quality Webcam to the ceiling point
This was another idea, this would give me flexibility of getting something like a Logitec Brio 4k and just run the USB via extension through my false ceiling and out through a Wall port.

So if i want to stream i just connect my usb to the PC/Laptop and it can direct OBS Connect.
Downside is this solution have no PTZ so really need to fix mount.

Would really appreciate any thoughts the community would have here, sorry posted in the IP thread cos i would prefer an IP Solution

Cheers
Thanks in Advance

Amabelloh

Reaction score
Hi, I need help… anyone here using the Sineoji camera and know any way to contact Dean or his service center at Sim Lim Square? He have been MIA from me after unable to resolve my camera issues and refuse to do an exchange and very unhelpful. Very disappointed with his service. And now he is uncontactable and now my camera bought last year still having issue of red tinted view. 😓. Thanks

ODACHEK

Banned
Reaction score
Issit true that buying IP cameras from big brands like TP-Link, ProLink, D-Link or Xiaomi got better support in terms of software than those weird never heard before brands? Or nvm the brands, these equipment can spoil after a few years no need good support?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need help… anyone here using the Sineoji camera and know any way to contact Dean or his service center at Sim Lim Square? He have been MIA from me after unable to resolve my camera issues and refuse to do an exchange and very unhelpful. Very disappointed with his service. And now he is uncontactable and now my camera bought last year still having issue of red tinted view. 😓. Thanks
these days camera cheap. Just go get something else instead.

Issit true that buying IP cameras from big brands like TP-Link, ProLink, D-Link or Xiaomi got better support in terms of software than those weird never heard before brands? Or nvm the brands, these equipment can spoil after a few years no need good support?
No support at all. Will recomend to just change whenever it is dead

Hot2002

Reaction score
There’s a shop in sim Lim that repair sineoji ipcam but i can’t find the unit number now. It’s those small shop at the back. Their display shelf has sineoji cam

last I heard dean is working in Korea

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone subscribe to wyze camera's package, wyze plus? $20 bucks per camera for cloud storage. Is it worth it?

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score
There’s a shop in sim Lim that repair sineoji ipcam but i can’t find the unit number now. It’s those small shop at the back. Their display shelf has sineoji cam

last I heard dean is working in Korea
sineoji sg like run road liao. Cannot find Dean.

Wrongw@y

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using tinycam monitor on android to view my sineoji cams. But I have switched to iphone now and not sure what app I should use to view my cams.

Any advice what app I should use on ios?

Hot2002

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using tinycam monitor on android to view my sineoji cams. But I have switched to iphone now and not sure what app I should use to view my cams.

Any advice what app I should use on ios?
ip cam viewer lite

Hot2002

Reaction score
Tried using it but somehow it says invalid username. Do i need to do any other configurations when switching over to the new app?

Thanks for your help!
Suggest that you use web browser to login to your sineoji to verify your username/password

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do share your review after you try it. Thanks in advance
Lazy to change out of sineoji
ah.. pardon me, just happened that I saw this CCTV so thought of sharing this info. As for actual usage, I dont need CCTV so can't do an open view about it. so sorry,.

xuan87

Reaction score
Asking for recommendation: I'm looking for a IP camera that does not allow secondary accounts for turning on the microphone, due to privacy reasons.

I previously used Wyze, then switched to TP-Link's Tapo. Both allow you to create a primary and secondary accounts, with restrictions for secondary accounts, but for whatever dumbass logic or reasoning, both allow the secondary accounts to switch on the microphones so you have no control over your privacy.

Don't want to waste my money by buying the wrong ones third time round, so asking if anyone know a brand that doesn't have this issue? Much appreciated.

Edit: Just do some research on D Link, seems like they don't even allow you to create secondary level accounts, all accounts are admin by default, so this is even worse.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.