Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
RE: waterproofing

Have you tried using leatherfeed on your shoes before, and would you recommend it? Instead of Renovateur, I use a leather feed to moisturise and waterproof so that I can skip the step of using wax polish.

http://www.je-sedgwick.co.uk/products/leather-preparation-care/original-leathercare/

Other than that I typically use cream on my shoes and haven't encountered water stains.

Thanks for the share.. My experience with cream has always not been positive, perhaps causing my bias towards wax
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
What happened when you used cream?

Water stains as mentioned.

N had cream stain my trousers' cuff (mentioned before on this thread too).

Objectively, cream is great for restoring/maintaining a rich colour, but where that isn't a primary consideration, I would go for wax for the better shine and (potential) patina.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Water stains as mentioned.

N had cream stain my trousers' cuff (mentioned before on this thread too).

Objectively, cream is great for restoring/maintaining a rich colour, but where that isn't a primary consideration, I would go for wax for the better shine and (potential) patina.
Oh.. I remember! Cream not absorbed by the shoe.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Random shout-out to CBS:

Not sure if I recall correctly but u had a pair of boots patina-ed by Dandy? Haven't really seen pics of them in your OOTD pics.. Wondering how they are holding up?

And I must have asked this question before (but no real answer).. how do u maintain the patina AND shine? strictly neutral polish? (question open to the floor)
 

koburn

Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
245
Reaction score
0
Water stains as mentioned.

N had cream stain my trousers' cuff (mentioned before on this thread too).

Objectively, cream is great for restoring/maintaining a rich colour, but where that isn't a primary consideration, I would go for wax for the better shine and (potential) patina.

Probably applied too much cream on your shoes, no?
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Probably applied too much cream on your shoes, no?

Hey bro, long time no see!

Don't think that was the case, buffed the cream pretty thoroughly and also, I only wore the shoes at least 1 week after the polishing... more than enough time to 'dry' up.
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Random shout-out to CBS:

Not sure if I recall correctly but u had a pair of boots patina-ed by Dandy? Haven't really seen pics of them in your OOTD pics.. Wondering how they are holding up?

And I must have asked this question before (but no real answer).. how do u maintain the patina AND shine? strictly neutral polish? (question open to the floor)
Of course in our climate, boots aren't the most practical to wear. I wear them only when I need to be flashy. So far, I've worn them about 20 times. Each wear is definitely more than 10 hours, lots of walking around and mostly standing. They're really one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

They are holding up really really well. I apply Saphir Renovateur on them before each wear and it keeps them looking nice. The patina isn't coming off or anything like that. They look as good as when I got them from Dandy Shoecare.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Arc, your cream experience is really unique. I find that cream generally gets absorbed into the leather after a few hours. And a bit of brushing can get the excess off easily.

I think you may have lathered on a generous amount of cream.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Arc, your cream experience is really unique. I find that cream generally gets absorbed into the leather after a few hours. And a bit of brushing can get the excess off easily.

I think you may have lathered on a generous amount of cream.

I think you're confusing Allinaday with arcfire! Anw, this whole discussion is giving me deja vu lol.
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
I love boots and the extra ankle support! :s12::s12::s12:



GPGT pls
Posted before in part 1:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/working-shoe-young-exec-2696469-394.html


From dandy's own tumblr:
tumblr_n5y1arLee81r6l76so1_1280.jpg


The green pair is beta_tester's.

The brown moldy pair is mine.





What they look like most of the time:
IMAG0339.jpg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top