Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vassago

Senior Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
42
Dear all,

Saw a Regal brand, the Kenford fine shoe today at Sgd235 after 20% discount in Taipei. Fit nicely. Real comfortable.

Is this a good brand? Worth it at that price?
 

mocca4

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
14
After my first day wearing my Meermin double monk.



My Loake Ledbury will be arring tomorrow from pediwear.
 

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
hey thanks alot lirahs. 20% off 3 pairs at 295/pair is pretty sweet. might head down to their new outlet @ suntec to take a look.

however what do you think about the quality and/or make of their shoes? worth the price before or even after the discount? :s11:

Personally, I do not owned any LLYR's shoes but I heard generally good reviews from close acquaintances given the price-point (referring to their RTW range). It's a decent entry to goodyear welted shoe realm. But for me, I would splurge that $885 ($295 X 3) and get myself a pair of VASS/Enzo Bonafe. But that's just me. Hah.
 

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Where is the LLYR's MTO retail located? I would presume the MTO would also be from their Viet factory, unless they have since acquired shoemaking abilities themselves to manufacture MTO locally.

Unsure of their MTO process but I think it's best if you head down to their newly-opened atelier at 3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City for consultation.
 

Mason016

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
My first pair of quality shoes are arriving in the mail soon.

It has a leather sole. Is it recommended to put a vibram sole on it? Or do I just replace the sole when its worn out as it is goodyear welted.

Wear it first, enjoy the "twack twack" sound and feel. Once it wears down a bit, place a vibram sole on your shoe. We aren't in Europe where we have easy access to good shoe shops.

When your shoe feels old, send it back to the original shoe shop for recrafting, e.g. EG if you bought EG.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Personally, I do not owned any LLYR's shoes but I heard generally good reviews from close acquaintances given the price-point (referring to their RTW range). It's a decent entry to goodyear welted shoe realm. But for me, I would splurge that $885 ($295 X 3) and get myself a pair of VASS/Enzo Bonafe. But that's just me. Hah.

Logical. But I have not heard of folks going to $900 shoes without buying some $300 shoes first.
If one just got started, it will be better to have 3 pairs of shoes to allow for rotation.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,757
Reaction score
782
My friend should be eyeing 10-20 pairs. He say is his favorite shoe brand for people in the loan shark business.

Presumably they are in the more established bastions of usury in the CBD?

Have yet to see a pair of Carminas in Geylang
:spin::spin::spin::spin:
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,757
Reaction score
782
My first pair of quality shoes are arriving in the mail soon.

It has a leather sole. Is it recommended to put a vibram sole on it? Or do I just replace the sole when its worn out as it is goodyear welted.

All soles will need to be replaced when worn, rubber just makes the inevitable arrive at your door on a slower pace (and save u money in the process :s22:)

Regardless you'll still need to wear in the leather sole for abit first even before slapping on rubber

So just enjoy your soles as it is, then come back in a month or so of wear if you are still undecided.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,757
Reaction score
782
I was informed that LLYR have a small batch that are made in Taiwan, but mostly made in Vietnam for both RTW and MTO as of now.

Looks like I got the pioneer batch cause mine says Laos :s13::s13::s13:
 
Last edited:

striker22

Master Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
2,500
Reaction score
7
Presumably they are in the more established bastions of usury in the CBD?

Have yet to see a pair of Carminas in Geylang
:spin::spin::spin::spin:

If you are of the hokkien persuasion, translate "Knock on Doors!" into said dialect. If you hear my ah beng friend say it, you will fall of the chair like I did.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
My friend should be eyeing 10-20 pairs. He say is his favorite shoe brand for people in the loan shark business.

Paging for thundermarch to verify this "business". He owns around 20 pairs of carmina I believe.

:o
 

striker22

Master Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
2,500
Reaction score
7
Power. They should give him a VIP card liao. On another note, i wonder if got opening day specials or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top