Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Bought 5 pairs of EEA shoes at $199 each during the March madness sale. All same size. 3 of them turn up to be bigger than expected. Got to tighten the laces and maybe add insoles.
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Bought 5 pairs of EEA shoes at $199 each during the March madness sale. All same size. 3 of them turn up to be bigger than expected. Got to tighten the laces and maybe add insoles.
Damn you small-feet people.
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Also, contributing a picture for DarthSid to nitpick on.

Beat-up suede Margiela zip boots for the office. With flashy purple yarn socks that are too short and hence show skin.

13Jul2016_zpslhogzeqr.jpg~original
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Bought 5 pairs of EEA shoes at $199 each during the March madness sale. All same size. 3 of them turn up to be bigger than expected. Got to tighten the laces and maybe add insoles.

That's almost $1K. U sure like EEA shoes a lot...

I would have gone with 2 pairs EEA and 1 better pair at $600 budget, but that's just me.
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
That's almost $1K. U sure like EEA shoes a lot...

I would have gone with 2 pairs EEA and 1 better pair at $600 budget, but that's just me.

I am a sucker for good value. Bought 1 wholecut black, 1 wholecut brown, 1 brown brogue, 1 black quarter brogue and 1 reddish-brown derby. Good mix for formal and casual wear.

Got my Carmina for SGD260 from linnegatan the other day...
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I am a sucker for good value. Bought 1 wholecut black, 1 wholecut brown, 1 brown brogue, 1 black quarter brogue and 1 reddish-brown derby. Good mix for formal and casual wear.

Got my Carmina for SGD260 from linnegatan the other day...

I guess most importantly you are happy with the hoots! Indeed all were purchased at great prices.

S$260 BN Carmina from a retailer - that's a record that I don't see being broken.

As a side note, Daniel.Y is lobang king. How you manage to always get these info so quickly!
 

Millimeter

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
3
Was randomly browsing Robinson's Shoes and happened to see a pair of Burgundy Loake Strands under clearance in my size. Together with the 20MORE promo code I only paid £128 for them :o

My first ever pair of GYW shoes! If I wear them everyday, do I still need to get shoe trees?
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Was randomly browsing Robinson's Shoes and happened to see a pair of Burgundy Loake Strands under clearance in my size. Together with the 20MORE promo code I only paid £128 for them :o

My first ever pair of GYW shoes! If I wear them everyday, do I still need to get shoe trees?

If you wear them everyday, they won't last u any longer than pedro/aldo/hush puppies.

So don't bother with the shoe trees
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Was randomly browsing Robinson's Shoes and happened to see a pair of Burgundy Loake Strands under clearance in my size. Together with the 20MORE promo code I only paid £128 for them :o

My first ever pair of GYW shoes! If I wear them everyday, do I still need to get shoe trees?

Good luck with the blisters with everyday wear. Alternate them. Get a rubber topy/vibram slapped on since you're gonna wear it so often. Shoe polish on cuffs won't help if you're gonna wear it daily.
And... I'll still refer to the advice bros gave you.
 

Millimeter

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
3
I see. How much longer would the shoes last if I get another pair to rotate with, ie, wear each pair about twice a week.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Even with rotation I doubt it will last longer than rotating cheap aldo and hush puppies.

GYW or handwelt doesn't mean the soles last much longer and the leather can tahan abuse.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Even with rotation I doubt it will last longer than rotating cheap aldo and hush puppies.

GYW or handwelt doesn't mean the soles last much longer and the leather can tahan abuse.
Lolol whut? My aldo/pedro shoes fell apart after 1yr of wear with rotation. GYW shoes no such problem.

Dunno what you talking abt don't anyhow smoke leh.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Ideally a 3 pair rotation makes sense economically. Wear 1 day with 2 days rest. You're looking at more than 3 years of wear.

I assume you don't wear them on casual days?
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Based on my limited experience, shoe trees help with keeping the shoe's shape (essentially not having a bent shoe) and also absorbing some of the moisture from a day of wearing them.

cemented shoes usually give way due to hardening of the glue and other wear and tear.

I have not seen GYW shoes give way due to the welting breaking down. And only after prolonged wear, will one see the stitching wear down and then requiring re-soling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top