Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Nice kicks. I believe that burgundy patina would age well. More polish and cream would make it darker giving a more formal look I reckon.
And yeah.. Just got a shoe from Llyr to try. Let's just see how much I'll enjoy this shoe.

Looking at his pants i dont think looking formal is important. Giving his regional CEO a serious sartorial challenge!
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Hmm.. what kinda subtle issues would turn you off getting a pair? Would wanna take note the next I head there.
Anyway, just to add on, went to EEA to collect my City Hall in dark brown earlier.
Shoe was dry as jerky. Leather creased so much during walking around in the shop I asked them for a refund. Edwin Neo was there and he obliged.
Spoke a bit and he did say he has to oversee quite a bit for the new collections of french leather. price shot up to 399 instead of 349 now for new collection.


Think I saw a dark Burgundy Cap Toe Derby. Can't remember either.
Pay them a visit after work.

Creasing may not necessarily indicate poor quality unless it is using belly leather. Sometimes, it's the volume of your feet inside the shoes. More space = more creasing. Whole cuts crease more too.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013...eather-creasing-means-something-is-wrong.html
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Looking at his pants i dont think looking formal is important. Giving his regional CEO a serious sartorial challenge!
True that. Probably business casual to a extent those suede chukkas are allowed & chinos are allowed.

Creasing may not necessarily indicate poor quality unless it is using belly leather. Sometimes, it's the volume of your feet inside the shoes. More space = more creasing. Whole cuts crease more too.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013...eather-creasing-means-something-is-wrong.html

Nice read mate. Thanks for it!
Probably just rephrase that their shoes are still dry as jerky since the crease seems to cause me a bad turnoff. Edwin Neo agrees thus that's why I got a refund. No big fuss kicked. But ought to condition their shoes to a extent before shipping. I will be back to eea. Maybe after they sort their new collection and back orders.
On a hindsight, meermin came the same. Dry as jerky but heck.. Cant complain for that price.
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
True that. Probably business casual to a extent those suede chukkas are allowed & chinos are allowed.
I can wear tee, jeans and/or sneakers to work! Perks of working in a media agency.

Once upon a time I came in all black tee and jeans, and was good-naturedly mocked for trying trying to join the creatives - I'm a suit btw.
 

Millimeter

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
3
Sorry, possibly silly question but why does my Robinson's Shoes order history mark my order as 'Complete' when I've yet to receive the shoes? How long does free shipping to Singapore usually take btw?
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Sorry, possibly silly question but why does my Robinson's Shoes order history mark my order as 'Complete' when I've yet to receive the shoes? How long does free shipping to Singapore usually take btw?
Complete meaning they fulfilled and despatched already. Free shipping means no tracking and their obligation is done once the shoes ship out. Expect to wait two weeks to a month?

That's why I prefer to top up and use herring instead..

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Sorry, possibly silly question but why does my Robinson's Shoes order history mark my order as 'Complete' when I've yet to receive the shoes? How long does free shipping to Singapore usually take btw?
UK Royal post quite consistent, the shoe will reach u in about 2 weeks.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Lolol whut? My aldo/pedro shoes fell apart after 1yr of wear with rotation. GYW shoes no such problem.

Dunno what you talking abt don't anyhow smoke leh.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

U know what you talking about? Don't smoke pot leh not legal in sg lol

Quality issue? Those cemented brands such as Kenneth Cole or Cole haan I didn't get those issue. These $30-50 shoes I trash them around, more expensive shoes I am mindful. Lol for fun, not for what... Lol

Your GYW shoes u wear them the same way like those cheaper cemented ones?
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
U know what you talking about? Don't smoke pot leh not legal in sg lol

Quality issue? Those cemented brands such as Kenneth Cole or Cole haan I didn't get those issue. These $30-50 shoes I trash them around, more expensive shoes I am mindful. Lol for fun, not for what... Lol

Your GYW shoes u wear them the same way like those cheaper cemented ones?
If you rather get cole haan than loakes you're an idiot an there's no pt talking to you. If you knew how to read you would have already understood that I treat my gyw shoes the same as my cemented one.

You being purposefully obtuse izzit. Contrary to all the anecdotal evidence here you want to pick a fight with me because I'm the only one who called you out on your stupid **** where GYW/HW shoes last as long as Cemented ones. If you haven't already realised we are referring generally to these categories and not very specific brands so don't come up with some **** like Diamondwalker HW sucks because it isn't representative of handwelt shoes at all.

Smoking pot might be illegal but sadly lack of grey matter isnt.

What have you bought from herrings?
Loakes mainly... The entire experience of shopping with them is fantastic. Reponsive customer service, fast delivery, great packaging.

Their website is extremely user friendly as well which is a plus.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Loakes mainly... The entire experience of shopping with them is fantastic. Reponsive customer service, fast delivery, great packaging.

Their website is extremely user friendly as well which is a plus.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Looks like you do value customer service and/or speedy delivery a lot! For any brand that is available from Robinson's shoes (at minimum 20% discount code) like Loake, I don't see the point getting them elsewhere unless at an overall better price. Robinson's customer service is pretty good too from my experience, except the slow delivery, which is the price for it being free.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Looks like you do value customer service and/or speedy delivery a lot! For any brand that is available from Robinson's shoes (at minimum 20% discount code) like Loake, I don't see the point getting them elsewhere unless at an overall better price. Robinson's customer service is pretty good too from my experience, except the slow delivery, which is the price for it being free.

Hmm. I always thought the the prices were comparable. But it's true that I've seen a lot of discount codes for Robinson's posted here. But the delivery really is a pain lah. As you may have noticed I have a short fuse and not a lot of patience.:(
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Hmm. I always thought the the prices were comparable. But it's true that I've seen a lot of discount codes for Robinson's posted here. But the delivery really is a pain lah. As you may have noticed I have a short fuse and not a lot of patience.:(

List prices are the same across websites but Robinson dishes out discount codes most frequently. So much so that people like me have been conditioned to only take the bait when the discount is deep enough.

Herring discount codes tend to be confined to their house brands only. But one can pick up good bargains during their occasional sales, like the ongoing summer sale. Believe some chap mentioned about the AS Moore he got at a pretty good price, although to side track, AFPOS probably gives the best AS deals if one waits out and acts fast enough when it happens.
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
List prices are the same across websites but Robinson dishes out discount codes most frequently. So much so that people like me have been conditioned to only take the bait when the discount is deep enough.

Herring discount codes tend to be confined to their house brands only. But one can pick up good bargains during their occasional sales, like the ongoing summer sale. Believe some chap mentioned about the AS Moore he got at a pretty good price, although to side track, AFPOS probably gives the best AS deals if one waits out and acts fast enough when it happens.
Ya, Robinson Shoes for Loake and Barker for me, 20% discount and free shipping. Herrings for Herrings during house brand special discount, last 2 purchases range from 30-35%.

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top