Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Just try a pair of Allen Edmond 10EEE from Amazon lor! US$385 and free shipping. If cannot wear, can just S$60 to ship back for full refund.

Oh ya... Ok ok i will try that in the meanwhile waiting for carmina Mto. If it fits, don't even have to wait for carmina Mto liao.
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Oh ya... Ok ok i will try that in the meanwhile waiting for carmina Mto. If it fits, don't even have to wait for carmina Mto liao.

Remember to choose Amazon, and not other resellers selling on Amazon, to get free shipping.
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
Remember to choose Amazon, and not other resellers selling on Amazon, to get free shipping.

Oh yes. Must select seller Amazon.

Amazon's customer service is excellent. I had some defects for one pair and they asked me for photos then ask me to ship back and let them know the cost to refund me the shipping cost while they ship another pair by priority shipping.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Oh yes. Must select seller Amazon.

Amazon's customer service is excellent. I had some defects for one pair and they asked me for photos then ask me to ship back and let them know the cost to refund me the shipping cost while they ship another pair by priority shipping.

their catalog for free shipping to Singapore is very small.. Only found 1 design in my size that's not black to qualify to ship to singapore.. Maybe I should just order from the website direct and just pay abit of shipping fee?
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Crockett and jones say I can purchase their shoes, if don't want can just return them less the shipping fees, but their shipping from UK is £30 and if I were to ship back to UK just by using standard shipping speedpost, it's about $120. Don't know whether I should take the risk or not.. That's about $200 just to try a shoe that I don't know will fit me! 😓
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
their catalog for free shipping to Singapore is very small.. Only found 1 design in my size that's not black to qualify to ship to singapore.. Maybe I should just order from the website direct and just pay abit of shipping fee?

Which design u looking for? Worst come to worst order directly from Allen Edmonds and use vpost or comgateway to ship.

This one from Amazon free shipping with your size.
810-MhZBoOL._UY500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop
 
Last edited:

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Which design u looking for? Worst come to worst order directly from Allen Edmonds and use vpost or comgateway to ship.

This one from Amazon free shipping with your size.
810-MhZBoOL._UY500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

I don't like too much brougue on the shoe..


I like this type http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1430_1_40000000001_-1?style=1432 .. seems to be more generous with toe space and from the reviews, this shoes seem large enough for my weird feet.
 

striker22

Master Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
2,500
Reaction score
7
Which design u looking for? Worst come to worst order directly from Allen Edmonds and use vpost or comgateway to ship.

This one from Amazon free shipping with your size.
810-MhZBoOL._UY500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Great shoe. Very nice brogueing. Unfortunately, my pair in size 11E is a little big for me. Tried once on carpet. Willing to take a loss and use it to get another size. Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut.

Anyone keen for SG$340 drop me a PM. These are bought as firsts, not sale or factory seconds.
 

mocca4

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
14
Hi, hope bros here can help out with sizing.
My Meermin double monk size 10 Hiro last feel a little big for me.
My Loake Ledbury size 9 claridge last fit nicely.
I'm planning to get Allen Edmonds and Meermin Hiro last.
Hope bros here can advice what will be a good fit for me?
Thanks.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Great shoe. Very nice brogueing. Unfortunately, my pair in size 11E is a little big for me. Tried once on carpet. Willing to take a loss and use it to get another size. Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut.

Anyone keen for SG$340 drop me a PM. These are bought as firsts, not sale or factory seconds.

why not just return it? you'll get full refund of the US$385.
 

striker22

Master Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
2,500
Reaction score
7
Still got shipping charge, wait time. Risk of loss and delay. I prefer to unload here and have taken the cost of shipping and abit of loss as part of the discount to the next pax.
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Hi how is meermin sizing compared to local shoemaker eea and llyr?
I wear 40 for llyr and 39 for eea. Any idea for mermin should i get 6.5 or 7?
Thanks for the advise
 

J.T.M.

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
you can email them, from what I see on their website, they do not have a ecommerce platform but they take order via email.

A lot of SF ppl say that C&J stuff are overpriced though. And their quality is comparable to lower priced brands like carmina. They have a huge range of lasts and their designs are very stylish though.

C&J has two "grades" - benchgrade and handgrade. Carmina does give their benchgrade a run for their money but is nowhere near near the finishing of the handgrade models. It is not an apple to apple comparison.

Most probably the SF people you referred to were discussing the benchgrade models.
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
i am just waiting for my ShoeSnob x Dandy shoes to come. I guess, i am done for this year. too many shoes bought.
 

Wanderlust

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
Visited the new Carmina store. Staff is helpful and service quite good. Is it a family run biz? The elder lady seems to be the owner. Wanted to buy a pair but the price difference against the online store is so much! Although I m glad there is a physical store where we can see the actual shoe design & color, the high mark ups seriously makes me re-consider, though I really wish to buy from them.

Do you guys get the shoe trees same size or half size smaller than your shoe size?

How's the shoe cream produced by Carmina?

Tks a lot . :)
 

koburn

Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
245
Reaction score
0
Visited the new Carmina store. Staff is helpful and service quite good. Is it a family run biz? The elder lady seems to be the owner. Wanted to buy a pair but the price difference against the online store is so much! Although I m glad there is a physical store where we can see the actual shoe design & color, the high mark ups seriously makes me re-consider, though I really wish to buy from them.

Do you guys get the shoe trees same size or half size smaller than your shoe size?

How's the shoe cream produced by Carmina?

Tks a lot . :)

The shoe trees by Carmina do not come in 1/2 sizes.

I was there last evening also with my friend. I must say that their service level was impeccable. As it happened, I was wearing my Carmina shell cordovan shoes that day as well. The guy offered to clean and polish my shoes which had some ungainly stains.

In what must have taken him about 15 minutes. I tried on some of the sizing of shoes (with the full intention to complete my purchases online). Not once did they demonstrate their unhappiness, which is highly commendable in our country where shitty service rules the day.

It was certainly a very pleasant experience, but the prohibitive price difference made it next to impossible for me to justify buying from the store.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top