Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
More pics. :D


11696019_10156020005045001_5879144888002056981_n.jpg


11737946_10156020005100001_81833993665097635_n.jpg


11403080_10156020005215001_5499112118973569565_n.jpg
 

zhane

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
1
Apart from Tangs, where can get saphir in orchard area?

The choices at Tangs a little limited now
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
Second this line of inquiry.

Hmmm dosnt seem welted either



Do share what made this pair worth a two month wait
Yup don't see any welt. Also there seems to be a rather long mark on the left shoe. Finishing is not good. Hope it doesn't cost much.
Wonder why it is a 2 month wait.
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
You are right ... I look for the Cordovan the prices are $2000. I see online only Euro 500+, less than S$900, online price is tempting ...

The mark up for cordovan is really astonishing.
Strangely the creame and polish are well priced at $15
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
My loafers? By uncle Song. I am not too sure what are the materials he used. Basically what I did was give him a picture of the shoes I have in mind, he measured my feet and then picked the leather from his stock.

Why? I can only wear size37 from edetal, but they dont carry loafers that size and there are none in the local stores of that size.
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,764
Reaction score
789
My loafers? By uncle Song. I am not too sure what are the materials he used. Basically what I did was give him a picture of the shoes I have in mind, he measured my feet and then picked the leather from his stock.

Why? I can only wear size37 from edetal, but they dont carry loafers that size and there are none in the local stores of that size.

Uncle song as in Kwek Choong Shoemaker?

Wah old uncle also can make split toe penny loafers. Can't say much for his last style but he's known for his comfort first anyway. How's the comfort? And possible to have pics of sole/insole to see the construction he used?

Now what's next for you? Lee hoi wah?
 

Aloeus

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
3
Any meermin / herring owners here?

I'm a UK7 on Herring's 026 Classic last (laced up brogues). Should I downsize on Meermin's loafers on Ron last?
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,711
Reaction score
28,162
The mark up for cordovan is really astonishing.
Strangely the creame and polish are well priced at $15

Yes, you are right.

I am now very tempted to buy Cordovan online, will go down to fit my side before order
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Will make my Navy Cordovan Double Monkstrap online after my MTO for a derby captoe in Rain Last EEE arrive. Navy cordovan is so chio!
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,711
Reaction score
28,162
Will make my Navy Cordovan Double Monkstrap online after my MTO for a derby captoe in Rain Last EEE arrive. Navy cordovan is so chio!

High Five Man!

Yes, I agree with you... I am a sucker for blue shoe. I saw that navy blue cordovan double monk and really like it !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top