Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Why, it's pretty strange how little boys who have trouble comprehending common speech, whine and throw little tantrums when left out (due to being daft and lacking of knowledge), enjoy being henpecked by their little girls.... Also like cowering behind their little keyboards, wearing their little bunched up panties.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Why, it's pretty strange how little boys who have trouble comprehending common speech, whine and throw little tantrums when left out (due to being daft and lacking of knowledge), enjoy being henpecked by their little girls.... Also like cowering behind their little keyboards, wearing their little bunched up panties.
Matt is not capable of drafting jackets / coats.
39tW6rcl.jpg


Now I'm pretty sure Matt is following this thread closely.

Is this him drafting a jacket or pant sleeve?

Oh. Lacking knowledge. I am sorry for my UNKNOWLEDGE senpai.

Hey dude, while we all have our personal views about tailors and fabrics, there's no need to make it personal here. Thunder indeed has been kind enough to share commissions and shoeporn with the rest of the community and you've been definitely very very generous and liberal in sharing your opinions about everything sartorial. But let's just keep this place a good sharing space and discussion.
But... But... He started it! T_T

But then again a lesser man would ignore your request and continue this childish feud...

Heng I don't derive personal fulfilment from belittling others.

See ya at the start of the week!

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

CrimsonWave

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I've been lurking on this thread rather irregularly and I am usually not inclined to post anything, but after today's display, I simply have to ask, is this guy really unable to perceive just how incredibly puerile and inane his posts are? Isn't there a minimum age that one needs to attain before one can post on these forums?
 
Last edited:

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
I've been lurking on this thread rather irregularly and I am usually not inclined to post anything, but after today's display, I simply have to ask, is this guy really unable to perceive just how incredibly puerile and inane his posts are? Isn't there a minimum age that one needs to attain before one can post on these forums?

Said guy is a young and highly driven communications professional with varied experience across multiple industries. He is used to reporting to C-suite executives and possess high energy levels which are channelled into delivering effective results even in short turnaround times.

I prefer burgers. Have never liked wings; then again, I've never managed the social media for 10 F&B brands so what do I know about food.
 

DiCaprio

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
613
Reaction score
8
Said guy is a young and highly driven communications professional with varied experience across multiple industries. He is used to reporting to C-suite executives and possess high energy levels which are channelled into delivering effective results even in short turnaround times.

I prefer burgers. Have never liked wings; then again, I've never managed the social media for 10 F&B brands so what do I know about food.

Hey, don't be a Dick...
 

koburn

Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
245
Reaction score
0
@crimsonwave, not unless his definition of "C-level executives" mean Clerical...Which is an obvious fail, and means a total self humiliation.

JAJAJA. *Laughter heard even on the Mars*
 

kumarshyam42

Junior Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Design - This is one of my favourite adelaide designs to date. Some adelaides have the lower end of the facings markedly "flared out" which I find rather ugly. The curves on this pair give a very well balanced, classic aesthetic

Great review, thanks.
Two questions on design:
1) what do you mean by the 'lower end of the facings' being flared out?
2)what do you call the stitching/pattern on the top edge of the sole near the upper?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
782
2)what do you call the stitching/pattern on the top edge of the sole near the upper?

Stitch/ pattern on the top edge of the sole?

The visible stitch on top of the welt joining it and sole is the Sole/Rapid stitch

The Fudge marks on the welt made by a Fudge wheel
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Great review, thanks.
Two questions on design:
1) what do you mean by the 'lower end of the facings' being flared out?
2)what do you call the stitching/pattern on the top edge of the sole near the upper?

Hi there.
I'll attach this picture showing this wingtip adelaide by Hiro Yanagimachi.
Pay attention to the brogueing along the sides of the laces. The lower end nearer the wingtips are markedly flared outwards.
This is totally a personal preference, aesthetic wise. It's just a look I'm not quite fond of. Because, to me, it throws the proportions off.
I just want to add though, that Hiro is a great maker and I have great respect for him. I'm just using the picture for illustration purposes.

Screenshot_2016-08-20-14-34-15_zpsw0uugoi4.jpg


As for the second question, if you are referring to the vertical "scoring" around the circumference of the upper part of the heel stack. I don't know if there is a specific term for it, maybe not. But it's just an aesthetic feature. Not difficult to do. They probably just run a tool, probably not dissimilar to a fudge wheel used on the welt, to make the markings. Most shoes have em. No stitching involved.
Thing is, this feature is not really evident in my pictures.
Do you mind circling the area that your question is directed at?
Sorry.
 
Last edited:

kumarshyam42

Junior Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Thanks for a detailed reply!that was exactly what I was asking about. I am in conversation with Vass to get an Adelaide MTO, and am going with a design similar to the one you posted, minus the 'scoring'.

Hi there.
I'll attach this picture showing this wingtip adelaide by Hiro Yanagimachi.
Pay attention to the brogueing along the sides of the laces. The lower end nearer the wingtips are markedly flared outwards.
This is totally a personal preference, aesthetic wise. It's just a look I'm not quite fond of. Because, to me, it throws the proportions off.
I just want to add though, that Hiro is a great maker and I have great respect for him. I'm just using the picture for illustration purposes.

Screenshot_2016-08-20-14-34-15_zpsw0uugoi4.jpg


As for the second question, if you are referring to the vertical "scoring" around the circumference of the upper part of the heel stack. I don't know if there is a specific term for it, maybe not. But it's just an aesthetic feature. Not difficult to do. They probably just run a tool, probably not dissimilar to a fudge wheel used on the welt, to make the markings. Most shoes have em. No stitching involved.
Thing is, this feature is not really evident in my pictures.
Do you mind circling the area that your question is directed at?
Sorry.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Thanks for a detailed reply!that was exactly what I was asking about. I am in conversation with Vass to get an Adelaide MTO, and am going with a design similar to the one you posted, minus the 'scoring'.

Ah, ok. Then no worries.
By default, Vass does not incorporate this feature into their shoes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top