archbishopchia
Senior Member
- Joined
- May 27, 2006
- Messages
- 1,697
- Reaction score
- 0
congrats. those were my first pair of formal gyw shoes too. toppied them at kips n kwip

Antonio's webshop is up and contains a very short, concise, and useful writeup on shoe construction methods, and how his Argentum RTW shoes are made. Worth a read.
http://www.meccarielloshoes.it/argentum-rtwmto/
thanks! his RTW looks really nice! pricing seems ok too especially for the oxfords, though shipping is a little expensive. any sense of his sizing?![]()
Actually should I Topy them after wearing a while or should I do it straightaway? Searched around online but it seems inconclusive - some say straightaway while others say wear it a few weeks first.congrats. those were my first pair of formal gyw shoes too. toppied them at kips n kwip
Antonio's webshop is up and contains a very short, concise, and useful writeup on shoe construction methods, and how his Argentum RTW shoes are made. Worth a read.
http://www.meccarielloshoes.it/argentum-rtwmto/
For me personally it's due to the grip. I walk a lot and because Singapore's weather is quite unpredictable I don't want to slip and fall lahSince those r gyw shoes, why toppy them? just wear till soles are crap and re-sole if they r ex enough. Toppied shoes would surely lose their original balance rite?
Actually should I Topy them after wearing a while or should I do it straightaway? Searched around online but it seems inconclusive - some say straightaway while others say wear it a few weeks first.
Either way they're gonna sand down the sole a little to allow the topy to be pasted on.Goodyear welt with no gemming.. Interesting..
I get a headache reading A.M. technical notes on construction. Must study it slowly.
So, how is the value vs price comparison for A.M. RTW shoes?
I must say his lasts very nice. Especially the Hawksbill (special).
Balance is a myth. How thick are the sole protectors anyway?Since those r gyw shoes, why toppy them? just wear till soles are crap and re-sole if they r ex enough. Toppied shoes would surely lose their original balance rite?
Anything by AM has always represented very good value. No question about it.
When shipping is added, it comes in at slightly more expensive than Enzo and Vass. But IMO, the overall detailing / finishing looks to be better. But it is still machine welted.
Certainly though, the product is light years superior to Crapward Green and Crapiano & Crapling. And much cheaper too.
His website prices are introductory prices. Wonder what becomes of the standard prices once that is rolled out.
I find my EG more comfortable (not finishing, not construction) than EBs.
My Vass is on its way now (hope they don't cock up).
Anything by AM has always represented very good value. No question about it.
When shipping is added, it comes in at slightly more expensive than Enzo and Vass. But IMO, the overall detailing / finishing looks to be better. But it is still machine welted.
Certainly though, the product is light years superior to Crapward Green and Crapiano & Crapling. And much cheaper too.

His website prices are introductory prices. Wonder what becomes of the standard prices once that is rolled out.
I find my EG more comfortable (not finishing, not construction) than EBs.
My Vass is on its way now (hope they don't cock up).
There's a pre-order for split toe derby, maybe that's the planned normal price? 700 euro before deducting VAT..