Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanlowlowlow

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Guys, so I tried the capital last at Robinsons but there were only full sizes for the Loake shoes. Size 8 was spacious and quite loose fitting with plenty of toe space for me, while 7 was tight and uncomfortable while walking.

My natural instinct would be to get size 7.5?
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
eYMG5OW.jpg


eeIuo6L.jpg


epgHgIL.jpg


In Tassels Beijing and fell in love with C&J Belgrave handgrade collection. I doubt it's handmade. Last 337.
Chestnut Antique Calf. Oak bark soles. Trimmed at the waist. Full leather insole lining. No suede lining in heel.
771 SGD. Probably could get Enzos at that price.. But heck... Already pulled the trigger.
UK8.5 for me. Usually a Uk9 but read TM posts about sizes and it's true.. Gotta account for the toe area spaces for the lasts. But I'm just lucky to be able to try on the different c&j lasts, EG, Cheaney, Bontoni.
Anyway, leather is supple and nice and I reckon it'll be a good break in with minimal blisters for me.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
eYMG5OW.jpg


eeIuo6L.jpg


epgHgIL.jpg


In Tassels Beijing and fell in love with C&J Belgrave handgrade collection. I doubt it's handmade. Last 337.
Chestnut Antique Calf. Oak bark soles. Trimmed at the waist. Full leather insole lining. No suede lining in heel.
771 SGD. Probably could get Enzos at that price.. But heck... Already pulled the trigger.
UK8.5 for me. Usually a Uk9 but read TM posts about sizes and it's true.. Gotta account for the toe area spaces for the lasts. But I'm just lucky to be able to try on the different c&j lasts, EG, Cheaney, Bontoni.
Anyway, leather is supple and nice and I reckon it'll be a good break in with minimal blisters for me.

Congrats. S$771 quite "cheap" for handgrades, at tassels no less, where a saphir cream goes for S$45 last i saw. C&J handgrades are retailing ard £500 with VAT...
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Congrats. S$771 quite "cheap" for handgrades, at tassels no less, where a saphir cream goes for S$45 last i saw. C&J handgrades are retailing ard £500 with VAT...

Yeah, Saphir is retailing 180rmb which is around 36sgd. According to them, HK Tassels is more exp than the Beijing branch. Got my Belgrave for rmb3822 which is SGD 778 to be exact. Well.. Just lucky to be here for a work trip. But the weather... Bloody humid and hot now.

zdjWxyn.jpg


If it helps, email them. They said they could ship to Singapore but I didn't ask about the price.
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,860
Reaction score
719
Yeah, Saphir is retailing 180rmb which is around 36sgd. According to them, HK Tassels is more exp than the Beijing branch. Got my Belgrave for rmb3822 which is SGD 778 to be exact. Well.. Just lucky to be here for a work trip. But the weather... Bloody humid and hot now.

http://i.imgur.com/zdjWxyn.jpg[/IMG

If it helps, email them. They said they could ship to Singapore but I didn't ask about the price.[/QUOTE]

That's really good price, got a pair from Hk Tassels at Sgd800+ last yr...
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
That's really good price, got a pair from Hk Tassels at Sgd800+ last yr...
Yeah I'm surprised it's priced lower in Beijing. Would HK Tassels have tax refund for foreigners?
Beijing airport VAT counter lady was snoozing away and I didn't bother to ask. Also, congrats on that lovely pair of CS Derby. Looks elegant!

I am surprised Beijing is cheaper than HK. Especially with the 17% VAT.
True. Usually the branded goods are taxed more heavily here than in HK. Well.. The Chinese have a way of doing business.. Probably Tassels signed some MOU somewhere to ply the grey area trade. :s22:

Those C&J look perfect on u. Congrats!

Sent from PAP Bedok HQ using GAGT
Thanks Joe!
What shoe did you pulled a trigger from Carmina?
Think I read it some pages back before..
 

dj_flame

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Finally the leather on my LLYR have softened to where wearing them is an afterthought.

This took at least 7 attempts at a full day's of use.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top