Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
GMTO anyone?!?!?! :s13:

Black on black or black calf on a dark suede, count me in! Without the seam in the middle, if possible.

My muted colour preferences is to make the shoes work-acceptable since the design is already fairly dandy. And also because I just don't see myself wearing these shoes in a casual setting (e.g. with chinos/jeans) even if in a bolder colour combi, unlike say, penny or string loafers.

Awaiting good news!
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Black on black or black calf on a dark suede, count me in! Without the seam in the middle, if possible.

My muted colour preferences is to make the shoes work-acceptable since the design is already fairly dandy. And also because I just don't see myself wearing these shoes in a casual setting (e.g. with chinos/jeans) even if in a bolder colour combi, unlike say, penny or string loafers.

Awaiting good news!

I agree with you on the seam in the middle. Actually, on second look, what do you think of having the suede part done asymmetrically like a monk? But it would not end up as a loafer though...

I would like it if it was a black calf on navy blue or grey suede... perhaps green?:D

Maybe in the 946 or 804 last?

Preference on the sole?
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
I know the discussion is centered around EB and I like them too. But thought I'd showcase the only other button shoe I know of! Just got them yesterday, haven't worn them out yet.

16m4rbk.jpg
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I agree with you on the seam in the middle. Actually, on second look, what do you think of having the suede part done asymmetrically like a monk? But it would not end up as a loafer though...

I would like it if it was a black calf on navy blue or grey suede... perhaps green?:D

Maybe in the 946 or 804 last?

Preference on the sole?

Asymmetrical suede piece is similar to what supernova shared? Am good with that design on a plain captoe.

I have slightly wide feet (think loake capital last) and only tried 946 last before. That works for me.

Leather/tomir soles work for me. Pref w toe taps if leather.

Suede colour wise, dark navy or grey ok too. Again using supernova's pic as ref, would prefer a darker navy than that.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
I know the discussion is centered around EB and I like them too. But thought I'd showcase the only other button shoe I know of! Just got them yesterday, haven't worn them out yet.

16m4rbk.jpg

Never share a bit more? Maker and such.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I know the discussion is centered around EB and I like them too. But thought I'd showcase the only other button shoe I know of! Just got them yesterday, haven't worn them out yet.

16m4rbk.jpg

Looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it in action. A pic in daylight would showcase it better.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Asymmetrical suede piece is similar to what supernova shared? Am good with that design on a plain captoe.

I have slightly wide feet (think loake capital last) and only tried 946 last before. That works for me.

Leather/tomir soles work for me. Pref w toe taps if leather.

Suede colour wise, dark navy or grey ok too. Again using supernova's pic as ref, would prefer a darker navy than that.

Sounds like a good setup. I would go for the tomir soles. Dark navy would be nice though the swatch on skoak isn't very clear for the dark navy and how it looks like irl. There's a grey suede (I think) Chelsea boots on their FB that looks nice.

Probably need to figure out what my 946 size should be.

How about throwing in some norvegese stitching? :s13:
 
Last edited:

Darknight55

Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Where do you guys get your Enzo Bonafe?


SoleGarb For me, experience with solegarb seemed better than skoak, but overall both are good.

Black on black or black calf on a dark suede, count me in! Without the seam in the middle, if possible.

My muted colour preferences is to make the shoes work-acceptable since the design is already fairly dandy. And also because I just don't see myself wearing these shoes in a casual setting (e.g. with chinos/jeans) even if in a bolder colour combi, unlike say, penny or string loafers.

Awaiting good news!

For me, black is boring. I don't wear black to work unless ... oh wait, never. Only for evening wedding dinners nowadays.
Good luck for the GMTO though, either way, a button loafer will be an interesting makeup!
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
SoleGarb For me, experience with solegarb seemed better than skoak, but overall both are good.



For me, black is boring. I don't wear black to work unless ... oh wait, never. Only for evening wedding dinners nowadays.
Good luck for the GMTO though, either way, a button loafer will be an interesting makeup!

Interesting you put on black shoes for evening dinners...
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
I've ordered from both SoleGarb and SkoaB.
Mostly from SkoaB. But Lorenzo from SoleGarb, though a bit of a scatterbrain, seems more flexible, and made quite a few compromises for a gmto I organised. His prices though, are a little higher.
Moving forward though, I'll order through Lusso.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
I've ordered from both SoleGarb and SkoaB.
Mostly from SkoaB. But Lorenzo from SoleGarb, though a bit of a scatterbrain, seems more flexible, and made quite a few compromises for a gmto I organised. His prices though, are a little higher.
Moving forward though, I'll order through Lusso.

Hmmmmm GMTO via Lusso? Lol!
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
I've ordered from both SoleGarb and SkoaB.
Mostly from SkoaB. But Lorenzo from SoleGarb, though a bit of a scatterbrain, seems more flexible, and made quite a few compromises for a gmto I organised. His prices though, are a little higher.
Moving forward though, I'll order through Lusso.

What's the likelihood of being able to organize a GMTO through Lusso? I'm just wondering if we would be able to get enough people to sign up.

Unless.....there's no surcharge.... :D

Ryan, are you looking at this? :s13:
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
What's the likelihood of being able to organize a GMTO through Lusso? I'm just wondering if we would be able to get enough people to sign up.

Unless.....there's no surcharge.... :D

Ryan, are you looking at this? :s13:

Finding 4 worldwide to agree on a single design at a particular time is already tough.

Just Singapore alone... hmmmm..
 

walk_the_talk

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Finding 4 worldwide to agree on a single design at a particular time is already tough.

Just Singapore alone... hmmmm..

Haha yeah. Nonetheless, it will be great if GMTOs with Lusso is a possibility. Pretty sure my first pair of Enzo will be from Lusso once they carry them.

Ryan, let us know please! Haha.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top