Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
A word of caution for those who are keen on lazyman oxfords.
You should be familiar with the last you choose and it should be very very very snug.
There are no laces to help correct for looseness if any.

Not painful,
BUT
Very very very snug.

Thanks for the advice. After sizing down from my usual uk6.5 to uk6, the 804 is v v v snug :)
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
This is very preliminary but would any of you guys be interested in a gmto of this enzo model? Minus the perforations along the seams.

Screenshot_2016-10-09-19-00-26_zpsgjblgfhb.jpg
 
Last edited:

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
Doing an interest check - anyone interested in a pair of hatch grain chelseas from Enzo Bonafe? These are the chelseas without the seam on the side, only seams are on the back.

Something like the picture below but without the norvegese stitching. Thinking of:

- oxblood hatch (as shown in the picture) or something lighter like sienna hatch
- millerighe sole
- bombe construction for waist (hand welted rounded waist)
- 74945 last (or maybe 804)

13658671_1072966829460218_443426962_n.jpg
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Doing an interest check - anyone interested in a pair of hatch grain chelseas from Enzo Bonafe? These are the chelseas without the seam on the side, only seams are on the back.

Something like the picture below but without the norvegese stitching. Thinking of:

- oxblood hatch (as shown in the picture) or something lighter like sienna hatch
- millerighe sole
- bombe construction for waist (hand welted rounded waist)
- 74945 last (or maybe 804)

13658671_1072966829460218_443426962_n.jpg

804 last would look interesting I think..... I'm undecided on this one.... The previous Chelsea boots I had were pretty good.....
 

walk_the_talk

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
This is very preliminary but would any of you guys be interested in a gmto of this enzo model? Minus the perforations along the seams.

Screenshot_2016-10-09-19-00-26_zpsgjblgfhb.jpg

TM bro, that is a nice design! Will you consider other colours? Brown or burgundy? Realised my black shoes don't get much wear and will be keen if it's in any other colour besides black.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
@drifting2anchorage
@jork
@walk_the_talk

Thanks my friends for your interest.
Well, the picture is just to illustrate the general design. So I'm most definitely not doing it in black.
I will be keen on it in a shade of brown. And given the design, having it 2 tone is also a possibility.
I'm thinking leather soles with or without topy. And either in the 74945 or the 804.
Let me know your thoughts.

@arcfire - no problem!
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
@drifting2anchorage
@jork
@walk_the_talk

Thanks my friends for your interest.
Well, the picture is just to illustrate the general design. So I'm most definitely not doing it in black.
I will be keen on it in a shade of brown. And given the design, having it 2 tone is also a possibility.
I'm thinking leather soles with or without topy. And either in the 74945 or the 804.
Let me know your thoughts.

@arcfire - no problem!

Hi Thundermarch. I would be interested in this too. Am fine with your suggestions. Thanks.
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
@drifting2anchorage
@jork
@walk_the_talk

Thanks my friends for your interest.
Well, the picture is just to illustrate the general design. So I'm most definitely not doing it in black.
I will be keen on it in a shade of brown. And given the design, having it 2 tone is also a possibility.
I'm thinking leather soles with or without topy. And either in the 74945 or the 804.
Let me know your thoughts.

@arcfire - no problem!

@thundermarch

Can let me know when you finalise the make up? Am on the fence but may be keen depending on colour/leather. The design looks quite elegant.
 

supernova

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
804 last would look interesting I think..... I'm undecided on this one.... The previous Chelsea boots I had were pretty good.....

Thanks arcfire. Will let u know if can get more people interested. I find the hatchgrain quite elegant, and can go for a sleeker pair of boots like the many G&G burnhams I see on Instagram :)
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Thanks arcfire. Will let u know if can get more people interested. I find the hatchgrain quite elegant, and can go for a sleeker pair of boots like the many G&G burnhams I see on Instagram :)

It's a cool make-up.
You'll need to go through Solegarb, and hopefully if you can get more members involved he can give you a better price.
Good luck.
 

walk_the_talk

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
@drifting2anchorage
@jork
@walk_the_talk

Thanks my friends for your interest.
Well, the picture is just to illustrate the general design. So I'm most definitely not doing it in black.
I will be keen on it in a shade of brown. And given the design, having it 2 tone is also a possibility.
I'm thinking leather soles with or without topy. And either in the 74945 or the 804.
Let me know your thoughts.

@arcfire - no problem!

2 tone certainly sounds interesting. Here are my preliminary thoughts:

Last: 74945
Soles: prefer topy.
Leather: open to suggestions and just throwing out some ideas. How does a suede/ calf or grain/ calf combination sounds? Am ok with shades of brown such as Bolet, Etrusco, Meleze. My preference is towards a mid/ darker brown.

Am rather flexible with the make-up and will certainly try to accommodate.

Anyway, TM, are u thinking of getting this done via Skoak, Lusso or?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
2 tone certainly sounds interesting. Here are my preliminary thoughts:

Last: 74945
Soles: prefer topy.
Leather: open to suggestions and just throwing out some ideas. How does a suede/ calf or grain/ calf combination sounds? Am ok with shades of brown such as Bolet, Etrusco, Meleze. My preference is towards a mid/ darker brown.

Am rather flexible with the make-up and will certainly try to accommodate.

Anyway, TM, are u thinking of getting this done via Skoak, Lusso or?

These are some good ideas here.
I am agreeable on the last and the soles.
Given that this is still a pretty dressy pair of shoes, I am leaning towards calf / grain, and etrusco / meleze are some good options for the calf part.

For this one... Lusso.
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
Doing an interest check - anyone interested in a pair of hatch grain chelseas from Enzo Bonafe? These are the chelseas without the seam on the side, only seams are on the back.

Something like the picture below but without the norvegese stitching. Thinking of:

- oxblood hatch (as shown in the picture) or something lighter like sienna hatch
- millerighe sole
- bombe construction for waist (hand welted rounded waist)
- 74945 last (or maybe 804)

13658671_1072966829460218_443426962_n.jpg

The oxblood hatch looks amazing! I'm undecided on this. Don't know if I want a Chelsea tho I don't have one at the moment. Can keep me updated on this? I would prefer leather with or without topy. But this really looks amazing.
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
These are some good ideas here.
I am agreeable on the last and the soles.
Given that this is still a pretty dressy pair of shoes, I am leaning towards calf / grain, and etrusco / meleze are some good options for the calf part.

For this one... Lusso.

I'm thinking a calf/grain combi would be good. Second the preference for mid to darker brown.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top