Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.M.

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Here is my FR for Carmina

I came in with high hopes for a fair pricing close to online + shipping costs.

But....

Shell Cordovan - 4 models. Price from $2.2 to $2.8k. (WTF??)

Non shell cordovan - >10 models. Price range $700 to $900+

Conclusion : buy online if you are looking for shell. Non shell can consider.

The markup is even higher than KS. Wow.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
have fun trying the fits?

their mto price still stand - store price + 50%
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
At these price levels I cannot see how they will still entertain Singapore orders on their official estore..

Better buy shell ones fast before estore rejects Singapore orders... shell carminas are pretty exclusive to estore and not other online retailers.

Then I'll ship to my m'sian fren's home and bring in. :s13:
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Actually, the calf prices are rather similar to Armoury HK.
Which is also quite similar to retail stores in the US.

That is the cost of having fancy showrooms and nice sales assistants.
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,678
Reaction score
28,160
Here is my FR for Carmina

I came in with high hopes for a fair pricing close to online + shipping costs.

But....

Shell Cordovan - 4 models. Price from $2.2 to $2.8k. (WTF??)

Non shell cordovan - >10 models. Price range $700 to $900+

Conclusion : buy online if you are looking for shell. Non shell can consider.

can someone educate me what so good about Cordovan? ... more comfortable than calf or lasting?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
782
can someone educate me what so good about Cordovan? ... more comfortable than calf or lasting?

Just different character, qualities and aesthetic appeal, high sheen, rolls etc. Just like deciding on Jeans, chinos, dress trousers, all pants yet same same but different.
 

stormcontrol

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
So lots of people going in today just getting the sizing sorted out and not buying anything? Wonder if the SA starting to get black-face already anot...
 

PetiaC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I went to check out the Carmina store today. Met the second gen sisters, Carmina and Marlene. Went to take peektures and chit chat with the ladies.

The local store is the first in Asia and is owned by local franchise HMZ Pte Ltd. Yes HMZ not HWZ, so no discount for forum members.

The elder lady told me her she and her son invested their family fortune for this business to happen. They encountered Carmina in their travels and fell in love with the shoes so much they kept going back for more, until a point of time they decided why not open a store here.

She did mention to me that the cost of setting up shop here is rather high, which I totally understand and agree. I wish her all the best for her new business.

Even though the price range is out of my budget, I still think it is better to buy a pair of Carminas at this price range than the even higher priced high fashion junk.

Somehow I forget to ask the price for the shoe polish. Anyone can do me the favour?
 

beatific

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2000
Messages
402
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I went to check out the Carmina store today. Met the second gen sisters, Carmina and Marlene. Went to take peektures and chit chat with the ladies.

The local store is the first in Asia and is owned by local franchise HMZ Pte Ltd. Yes HMZ not HWZ, so no discount for forum members.

The elder lady told me her she and her son invested their family fortune for this business to happen. They encountered Carmina in their travels and fell in love with the shoes so much they kept going back for more, until a point of time they decided why not open a store here.

She did mention to me that the cost of setting up shop here is rather high, which I totally understand and agree. I wish her all the best for her new business.

Even though the price range is out of my budget, I still think it is better to buy a pair of Carminas at this price range than the even higher priced high fashion junk.

Somehow I forget to ask the price for the shoe polish. Anyone can do me the favour?

I saw a bunch of indians (no offense intended, thats the only way i can describe them) at the counter, are they the investors/franchisees?
 

grenharware

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Guys any recommendation for a decent cobbler? The ones I've been to won't fix the wear on the toe tip of the shoe and said they have to replace the whole sole (what?!)
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
can someone educate me what so good about Cordovan? ... more comfortable than calf or lasting?

Cordovan is stiffer and doesn't crease as much. Last longer than calf IMO. It is also shiner by nature. However it's more prone to fine scratches but can be polished away
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
Cream and wax $15 each but they brought in limited colours only

QI4Wmaf.jpg

kTKISou.jpg
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,678
Reaction score
28,160
Cordovan is stiffer and doesn't crease as much. Last longer than calf IMO. It is also shiner by nature. However it's more prone to fine scratches but can be polished away

Thank you ... I will go and check it out !
 

PetiaC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
0
I saw a bunch of indians (no offense intended, thats the only way i can describe them) at the counter, are they the investors/franchisees?

Bunch doesn't really sounds polite oh well, nevermind not your English teacher.

Should be the friends or kin of the local franchise boss.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top