thundermarch
Senior Member
- Joined
- Dec 5, 2013
- Messages
- 1,082
- Reaction score
- 0
any nice driving shoes to recommend?
J Fitz has got a whole bunch of new designs. Pretty good looking driving loafers I
must say. Price isn't too crazy as well
any nice driving shoes to recommend?
J Fitz has got a whole bunch of new designs. Pretty good looking driving loafers I
must say. Price isn't too crazy as well
How much of a difference is there in your opinion? Pigment density, colour saturation, grit size?
Also any opinion on the best burgundy tone cream out there? Saphir's a little too purple for me I think
Thank you so much, do you have any recommended products in specific for the above-mentioned care? For waterspray product, is Meltonian waterproof spray is it ok?
Based on what I have seen, Saphir's cremes, especially the Medaille d'or versions, fare better with regards to re-saturating the fiber and for recoloring (in my opinion, the most important benefit in using creme polishes). It also seem to have a higher concentration of turpentine and beeswax, which is hugely beneficial for those who do not subscribe to wax polishing.
If you wish for more reddish hues for cremes, you can try mixing equal portions of Mahogany creme into Burgundy.
anyone has loake and AE shoes, can help me on the sizing? Im looking to purchase AE shoes (penny loafers) off eBay but i really can't decide the size. i tried the AE sizing guide (size 8)but from the measurements provided from the seller, seems that i can fit 1/2- 1size smaller. I prefer a snug fit though.
I was thinking to go robinson to try the Loake shoes and can gauge my size from there. or just order from amazon and pay 7% GST and return shipping![]()
Based on what I have seen, Saphir's cremes, especially the Medaille d'or versions, fare better with regards to re-saturating the fiber and for recoloring (in my opinion, the most important benefit in using creme polishes). It also seem to have a higher concentration of turpentine and beeswax, which is hugely beneficial for those who do not subscribe to wax polishing.
If you wish for more reddish hues for cremes, you can try mixing equal portions of Mahogany creme into Burgundy. It helps.
Hi, I find that the colour from the Saphir creme tends to stain my pants (which doesn't occur for wax, comparatively). Not sure if any one else encounters. Is that normal?
Would it help if a wax finishing is applied after the creme application process or what could be done to prevent the 'staining'?
TIA for advice.
Hi, I find that the colour from the Saphir creme tends to stain my pants (which doesn't occur for wax, comparatively). Not sure if any one else encounters. Is that normal?
Would it help if a wax finishing is applied after the creme application process or what could be done to prevent the 'staining'?
TIA for advice.
I never had that happen to me. Not sure if you are applying too much creme or if you are wearing the shoes too shoe before the creme dries up.
Also I either give the shoes a brush over or a wipe-over after allowing time for the creme to penetrate the leather.
I never had that happen to me. Not sure if you are applying too much creme or if you are wearing the shoes too shoe before the creme dries up.
Also I either give the shoes a brush over or a wipe-over after allowing time for the creme to penetrate the leather.
Hi, I find that the colour from the Saphir creme tends to stain my pants (which doesn't occur for wax, comparatively). Not sure if any one else encounters. Is that normal?
Would it help if a wax finishing is applied after the creme application process or what could be done to prevent the 'staining'?
TIA for advice.
Monks? Only ever had very slight staining due to the straps flexing alot
$100 to change a pair of rubber sole consider reasonable or expensive or too cheapskate?
Depends on what's involved? Adding on rubber sole 'topy' style shouldnt cost that much. On the other hand, $100 for GYW resoling from leather sole to dainite from seems like a bargain, assuming it is done well.
actually I don't quite understanding you talking... pardon me of lack of knowledge. anyway I will post the picture this Wednesday when the work is done.
Kam Sia kam SIA!!! Everyday I learn something new.
I sent my MTO Ed shoe to change new sole, so is Ed shoe GYW?
Kam Sia kam SIA!!! Everyday I learn something new.
I sent my MTO Ed shoe to change new sole, so is Ed shoe GYW?
Picture will express a thousand words. I do recall your MTO came with closed channel leather sole?
The more experienced bros would know what 'procedure' was done once you post pics of the shoes and soles when ready.![]()