Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. So the usual few brands? Any1 has any info? Would be grateful :)

Sent from Sent from where? using GAGT

We generally prefer goodyear welted or hand welted shoes. They lasts longer and tend to use better leathers.

Some brands you can consider as a start are:
Local brands: Ed Et Al and Llyr
UK brands: Loake, Herring,
Spanish brands: Meermin, Carmina
US brands: Alden, Allen Edmonds.
 

terras14

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
gyBlyye.jpg


LLYR 39, Hiro 6.5, EEA 39

Heels flush against the line. As you can see EEA's heel cup extends abit back

But these were their older collections, if you're on the new ones cant help there
Hi how would meermin size 7 fit u? Seems like meermin is quite small compared to the other two
 

greatpoke

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Any bros can advise on saphir cream polish and renovateur conditioner. Saw it on massdrop but wondering what's the difference

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,779
Reaction score
809
Any bros can advise on saphir cream polish and renovateur conditioner. Saw it on massdrop but wondering what's the difference

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

As the name says, one is primarily a Polish, one is primarily a Conditioner. The drop itself and the discussion section already explains what each product is used for? :s22:

Tangs got sell btw if you dont want to wait/ risk the bottles breaking in shipping.
 

greatpoke

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
As the name says, one is primarily a Polish, one is primarily a Conditioner. The drop itself and the discussion section already explains what each product is used for? :s22:

Tangs got sell btw if you dont want to wait/ risk the bottles breaking in shipping.
I buy until blur Liao that's why I didn't read through thoroughly. I have wax and conditioner plus something else. All different brands.

U know the price for these at tangs ?

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,779
Reaction score
809
25 for 100ml wax, 75ml creme

27 for reno and cordovan creme.

if using Tangs card can get -$2 off each bottle since u get 10% rebate

LLYR has a wider selection but no rebate :s13:

More advanced stuff like Renomat etc, best drop by LLYR
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
I buy until blur Liao that's why I didn't read through thoroughly. I have wax and conditioner plus something else. All different brands.

U know the price for these at tangs ?

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
Don't complicate things lah. Simple routine of brush, shoe trees, cream and polish will be fine for general maintenance!

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

greatpoke

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
25 for 100ml wax, 75ml creme

27 for reno and cordovan creme.

if using Tangs card can get -$2 off each bottle since u get 10% rebate

LLYR has a wider selection but no rebate :s13:

More advanced stuff like Renomat etc, best drop by LLYR
I went to read up on thr discussion. Seems like quite a few bottles *ping piang*. Better to get from tangs.

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I will go browse for videos for more instructions. Currently I brush away the dirt, apply the conditioner, wait five mins then polish. Wonder if its correct

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT

Substitute the conditioner with cream.
Use conditioner sparingly or when needed.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
I will go browse for videos for more instructions. Currently I brush away the dirt, apply the conditioner, wait five mins then polish. Wonder if its correct

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
Like urban said, use cream instead. I brush cream brush polish.
I have read cases on styleforum with some people using the renovateur and bits of the shoe color faded away

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
Renovatuer is a cleaner so it might strip some of the old polish which might seems like colour is stripped away?

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Like urban said, use cream instead. I brush cream brush polish.

Renovatuer is a cleaner so it might strip some of the old polish which might seems like colour is stripped away?

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
Well I can't rmb the details exactly, but this dude used it on a pair of brand new shoes, color came off, tried to get some sort of compensation but was denied. Recall other users saying there's no need to use renovateur on newly bought shoes

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
New kicks from Meermin have just arrived. Elton last. Slightly more wriggle room in the toes than the New Rey last. Other than that the rest feel quite similar.

20151007_102254_zpsgwoykcag.jpg


A few flaws here and there but nothing new and I've come to accept it, as long as it's not too bad. This pair has quite the padding on the heel area. looks like it will take a while for the heel to mold to my feet.
 
Last edited:

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Well I can't rmb the details exactly, but this dude used it on a pair of brand new shoes, color came off, tried to get some sort of compensation but was denied. Recall other users saying there's no need to use renovateur on newly bought shoes

Renovatuer is a cleaner so it might strip some of the old polish which might seems like colour is stripped away?

That's strange, although renovateur is a cleaner and conditioner itself, I doubt it possesses any property or feature to strip the leather's colour, unlike renomat. The neutral formula will not change the color of the leather but it will moisturise a pair of shoes whose natural patina one does not want to change. It will rather provide deep, essential nourishment to your shoes.

Maybe, that lad you mentioned, applied way too much renovateur on his new shoes to cause the shade to be matte-like. Renovatuer should be used sparingly and not subjected to scheduled timeframes. This is subjective. Ultimately, the onus is on the wearer to inspect and decide when's the need for renovateur application.

Personally, I will wear the shoes few times before applying any renovateur/cream/wax. The pores have yet to fully open and ‘accept’ the polish. The older the shoe, the easier to polish. But that's just me.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top