Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that the breaking in for Meermin seems longer than Llyr. If that were the case, my feet will suffer and I hate that kind of painful feeling and process :)
Yes meermin break in is much longer than llyr. At least for their classic rtw series. Their Linea series is easier. I have a pair from the classic gmto series which I feel is easier as well.

But I don't think you can totally get away with the awful break in period. What you can do is to wear them at home maybe 10x a few hours each with the thickest socks u can find, and on the 11th time wear them out for max 3 hours. Repeat till comfortable. That's why many people keep a pair of comfy loafers in office, can switch out their shoes midday in office.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that the breaking in for Meermin seems longer than Llyr. If that were the case, my feet will suffer and I hate that kind of painful feeling and process :)
Yes meermin break in is much longer than llyr. At least for their classic rtw series. Their Linea series is easier. I have a pair from the classic gmto series which I feel is easier as well.

But I don't think you can totally get away with the awful break in period. What you can do is to wear them at home maybe 10x a few hours each with the thickest socks u can find, and on the 11th time wear them out for max 3 hours. Repeat till comfortable. That's why many people keep a pair of comfy loafers in office, can switch out their shoes midday in office.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
I second xtreamzz advice. Start off by wearing them as "slippers" in the house everyday for a month and you should be set.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,775
Reaction score
792
Anyone owns a pair of Blake welted/stitched shoes? How do they compare or hold up against a gyw shoe besides the former being harder to resole?

Stitch aloft in sock liner. firmer insole (good imo) and water can wick into the insole.

However the shoes are almost always very much lighter and very very sleek.

Thing is most blake shoes use sub standard materials since blake is a "shortcut" in itself already.

However imo. Blake Rapid > GYW.
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Stitch aloft in sock liner. firmer insole (good imo) and water can wick into the insole.

However the shoes are almost always very much lighter and very very sleek.

Thing is most blake shoes use sub standard materials since blake is a "shortcut" in itself already.

However imo. Blake Rapid > GYW.
I was looking at moretti gold series from rbc. They are all Blake stitched, don't think they are Blake rapid. But considering whether I should pull the trigger for these..

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,775
Reaction score
792
I was looking at moretti gold series from rbc. They are all Blake stitched, don't think they are Blake rapid. But considering whether I should pull the trigger for these..

Have not seen the collection but if you're looking for something weltless and extremely sleek, then Blake is the way to go. That's its pros really, the ability to churn out the most minimal silhouette.

Blake is often disregarded because its most commonly used by manufacturers to cut costs, the same idiots who then put on a bonwelt (fake welting) and making the shoes "bulky" again :s22:. A construction that is unfortunately strung along and smeared as an unwilling accomplice in deception due to its low cost.

But its rather respectable if used in its provenance of been able to turn out the sleekest stitched product available. A Topy and adequately waxed threads will be able to sort out the water wicking issue
 
Last edited:

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Have not seen the collection but if you're looking for something weltless and extremely sleek, then Blake is the way to go. That's its pros really, the ability to churn out the most minimal silhouette.

Blake is often disregarded because its most commonly used by manufacturers to cut costs, the same idiots who then put on a bonwelt (fake welting) and making the shoes "bulky" again :s22:. A construction that is unfortunately strung along and smeared as an unwilling accomplice in deception due to its low cost.

But its rather respectable if used in its provenance of been able to turn out the sleekest stitched product available. A Topy and adequately waxed threads will be able to sort out the water wicking issue
Thanks for the insight man. Yeah understand that there are some pretty darn good shoes out there using Blake as well. Personally for me its the sleek last which I feel might be a problem for me

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

stormcontrol

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the insight man. Yeah understand that there are some pretty darn good shoes out there using Blake as well. Personally for me its the sleek last which I feel might be a problem for me

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

The sleekness of the profile due to the welting technique won't affect the fit...

In case that didn't make sense, for blake you can trim the sole closer to the leather and hence the sleeker profile.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
EG Dover Pre-order at Kevin Seah available.

12105702_10154305259302564_5909465007291505193_n.jpg
 

JudeBox

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
370
Reaction score
0
Hey guys! May I ask, those that order from meermin website before.. Roughly how long did it take?
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hey guys! May I ask, those that order from meermin website before.. Roughly how long did it take?

It really depends if they have it in the inventory currently. Mine took 1 week from payment to delivery to my doorstep.
Others have had to wait a whole month.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
not sure if anyone experienced this but i found robinsonsshoes very slow response. bought a pair of shoes last week and they have no stock so i want to cancel the order. but every message took at least 2 days to see response. now whole week pasted, still not received refund.

unlike pediwear, they charge paypal immediately regardless stock availability.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top