
Yes meermin break in is much longer than llyr. At least for their classic rtw series. Their Linea series is easier. I have a pair from the classic gmto series which I feel is easier as well.Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that the breaking in for Meermin seems longer than Llyr. If that were the case, my feet will suffer and I hate that kind of painful feeling and process![]()
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I read somewhere that the breaking in for Meermin seems longer than Llyr. If that were the case, my feet will suffer and I hate that kind of painful feeling and process![]()
I second xtreamzz advice. Start off by wearing them as "slippers" in the house everyday for a month and you should be set.Yes meermin break in is much longer than llyr. At least for their classic rtw series. Their Linea series is easier. I have a pair from the classic gmto series which I feel is easier as well.
But I don't think you can totally get away with the awful break in period. What you can do is to wear them at home maybe 10x a few hours each with the thickest socks u can find, and on the 11th time wear them out for max 3 hours. Repeat till comfortable. That's why many people keep a pair of comfy loafers in office, can switch out their shoes midday in office.
Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
Anyone owns a pair of Blake welted/stitched shoes? How do they compare or hold up against a gyw shoe besides the former being harder to resole?
Heeren has them.Which Robinsons' carries Loake? The flagship at Hereen?
Is there sale ? Is qualityshop or qualityshoesPSA: quality shoes having a sale on carminas. Going for 3xx sgd before shipping tho Limited sizes avail.
Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
I was looking at moretti gold series from rbc. They are all Blake stitched, don't think they are Blake rapid. But considering whether I should pull the trigger for these..Stitch aloft in sock liner. firmer insole (good imo) and water can wick into the insole.
However the shoes are almost always very much lighter and very very sleek.
Thing is most blake shoes use sub standard materials since blake is a "shortcut" in itself already.
However imo. Blake Rapid > GYW.
My bad it's quality shop. Limited sizes avail but I seen a good amount of 8.5sIs there sale ? Is qualityshop or qualityshoes
Sent from Gong Wu Gong Bo from OnePlus 1 using GAGT
I was looking at moretti gold series from rbc. They are all Blake stitched, don't think they are Blake rapid. But considering whether I should pull the trigger for these..
. A construction that is unfortunately strung along and smeared as an unwilling accomplice in deception due to its low cost.Thanks for the insight man. Yeah understand that there are some pretty darn good shoes out there using Blake as well. Personally for me its the sleek last which I feel might be a problem for meHave not seen the collection but if you're looking for something weltless and extremely sleek, then Blake is the way to go. That's its pros really, the ability to churn out the most minimal silhouette.
Blake is often disregarded because its most commonly used by manufacturers to cut costs, the same idiots who then put on a bonwelt (fake welting) and making the shoes "bulky" again. A construction that is unfortunately strung along and smeared as an unwilling accomplice in deception due to its low cost.
But its rather respectable if used in its provenance of been able to turn out the sleekest stitched product available. A Topy and adequately waxed threads will be able to sort out the water wicking issue
Thanks for the insight man. Yeah understand that there are some pretty darn good shoes out there using Blake as well. Personally for me its the sleek last which I feel might be a problem for me
Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT

EG Dover Pre-order at Kevin Seah available.
![]()
Hey guys! May I ask, those that order from meermin website before.. Roughly how long did it take?