Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Bought this pair from Tokyo, not GYW but is patina according to the salesman, about S$190.
QqlxWZil.jpg

hjzBEifl.jpg

4ZIq5L6l.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

Brown tone? Patina????
Not lost in translation??
 

yswrox

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Eyeing Allen Edmond's Park Ave...anybody got past history on them? Or maybe even better alternatives?

They aren't cheap and I can't try cos no physical store in sg, that's the only thing holding me back.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
Anyone order from Skoaktiebolaget before and requested for postal delivery?

Wondering how long does it take to ship from Sweden to Singapore.
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Eyeing Allen Edmond's Park Ave...anybody got past history on them? Or maybe even better alternatives?

They aren't cheap and I can't try cos no physical store in sg, that's the only thing holding me back.
PAs are their plain captoes right? I got a pair of their Strands (same last) . First impression is that the leather is much softer then my meermins. I got slightly wide feet so went for the E width but it still feels a bit too snug for my liking.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

SGxiaosin

Senior Member
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
837
Reaction score
0
Would reccomend Shukey over Masterfix if you can help it. Masterfix goes at about $50 for Vibrams whereas Shukey is under $30 for Topy. Workmanship at Shukey is better too.

Thanks! Any Shukey shop is fine right? Planning to go the Tampines one
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Would reccomend Shukey over Masterfix if you can help it. Masterfix goes at about $50 for Vibrams whereas Shukey is under $30 for Topy. Workmanship at Shukey is better too.
Thanks! Any Shukey shop is fine right? Planning to go the Tampines one

Went to ask for quote at Tampines 1 Shukey and eta for doing half sole guard + heel guard.

Was quoted $40 last week, and the cobbler gave me a very vague timeline of 3 hours to 4 days.

So I didn't do the vibram yet since I only have 1 pair of dress shoe and 4 days are too long...(Means no dress shoe for me to wear in the meantime)

I even asked him if I send in on sat morning (which is the next morning) can I get it by sun night time. Got the same answer of 3 hours to 4 days.

Guess I will only do sole guard to my Loake Strand only when my Loake Cannon comes in.

Sent from Workday using GAGT
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Went to ask for quote at Tampines 1 Shukey and eta for doing half sole guard + heel guard.

Was quoted $40 last week, and the cobbler gave me a very vague timeline of 3 hours to 4 days.

So I didn't do the vibram yet since I only have 1 pair of dress shoe and 4 days are too long...(Means no dress shoe for me to wear in the meantime)

I even asked him if I send in on sat morning (which is the next morning) can I get it by sun night time. Got the same answer of 3 hours to 4 days.

Guess I will only do sole guard to my Loake Strand only when my Loake Cannon comes in.

Sent from Workday using GAGT

What the eff. 4days!? My sole protector took only 2hrs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top