Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

d4rkw1sH

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
4
probably need a new round black oxford shoelace replacement. accidentally stepped on the aglet and it kinda cracked. any suggestions ?
 

spencert

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
207
Reaction score
7
Antonio Meccariello sizing

Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?
 

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
11,231
Reaction score
402
Any wearers of earnest collective ¿ , what do u think of the constant promo code℉
 

LegendZenify

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
66
Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?

Would advise you email yeossal for advice.

You could also get a pair from the Aeris series or the Corno Blu Lyra, which are pretty nice too.
You will want at least 2-3 pairs for rotation instead of busting your budget on HW.
 

kiankwok

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?

Sorry to butt in but are the prices of other Carmina shoes in Singapore's boutique store comparable to its online store?
 

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
6,178
Reaction score
265
You probably saw some standard calfskin at 1k... Carmina at capitol wont have 1k or so sgd shells unless theres a mega sale going on.
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
For AM, the general sizing should be half size up from Rain last. Contact yeossal to confirm, they have return policy.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.

Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
This page needs some pics....

New kicks that just came in!

NVyQHS7.jpg
 

spencert

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
207
Reaction score
7
Sorry to butt in but are the prices of other Carmina shoes in Singapore's boutique store comparable to its online
Didn’t have a chance to check others. Shouldn’t be much of a difference I feel.

You probably saw some standard calfskin at 1k... Carmina at capitol wont have 1k or so sgd shells unless theres a mega sale going on.
Actually not looking at Cordovan for AM. Don’t see any last for that as well

For AM, the general sizing should be half size up from Rain last. Contact yeossal to confirm, they have return policy.
Going to their “showroom” at Geylang East to try out sizes. Was told by AM online that I should still be size UK10 even for their chisel last after I provided my A B C sizes. Was just having same thoughts of have 2 Aeris range to start. Planned to check out their Aeris range when I am there.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Quick reply from Yeossol to ask me to try out at their “showroom”.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
You probably saw some standard calfskin at 1k... Carmina at capitol wont have 1k or so sgd shells unless theres a mega sale going on.

Calf should be in the 600-700 range. Unless the operators here have gone bonkers.
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Enjoy your session there, ask politely to try the rest of the offerings and you may walk away with more than 1 pair, I know I did :)

Didn’t have a chance to check others. Shouldn’t be much of a difference I feel.


Actually not looking at Cordovan for AM. Don’t see any last for that as well


Going to their “showroom” at Geylang East to try out sizes. Was told by AM online that I should still be size UK10 even for their chisel last after I provided my A B C sizes. Was just having same thoughts of have 2 Aeris range to start. Planned to check out their Aeris range when I am there.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.
Yes. Quick reply from Yeossol to ask me to try out at their “showroom”.[/QUOTE]
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
Spencert,
One other option (if you are very keen on AM's Argentum handwelted option) is that you could go for his test shoe + final shoe "package".

He will email you instructions on how to measure your feet, and based on those measurements, adjusts the lasts and constructs a pair of Goodyear welted test shoes for you. The shoes are finished to his Aeris line specs.

After you provide feedback on the fit, he goes on to make the final shoes (handwelted). So you get two pairs of shoes. And a personal last.

Get ready to spend a bit for this option though.
 

spencert

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
207
Reaction score
7
Spencert,
One other option (if you are very keen on AM's Argentum handwelted option) is that you could go for his test shoe + final shoe "package".

He will email you instructions on how to measure your feet, and based on those measurements, adjusts the lasts and constructs a pair of Goodyear welted test shoes for you. The shoes are finished to his Aeris line specs.

After you provide feedback on the fit, he goes on to make the final shoes (handwelted). So you get two pairs of shoes. And a personal last.

Get ready to spend a bit for this option though.

Hi TM, yes I got the quote and went that path. Your are right that this option is quite a bit more. May revisit further down the road. Actually mostly influenced by your posts on AMs. Many thanks! Haha
 
Last edited:

spencert

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
207
Reaction score
7
In the end, still went for the Argentum welted last. I would recommend to go down to Jackson's showroom to try out sizes before pulling the trigger. Very friendly chap and doing the business as a hobby. Fitting is on the tight side. Hope the breaking in period is not too painful....

Brogued cap toe Oxford with medallion. Finished in an alluring brogues color.

Argentum welted
Box calf in Brogues color
Argentum Soft Square last
Standard E width
Single leather sole
Come with dust bags
Style reference "753" - part of Argentum Welted series. Handmade in Airola, Italy.

Thanks guys for all your inputs!



 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top