Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had assumed that "genuine leather" just meant that it is actual leather and not synthetics. I don't think there was any intention of using the term "genuine leather" to indicate the quality of the leather (perhaps a long time ago before synthetic leather became common?).

So in a way, leatherboard is "genuine leather" because it is real leather, so to speak.

Somewhat like the term "bespoke" being overused in tailoring marketing talk.

Interesting discussion triggered by a comment premised on an understanding (whether founded or unfounded), that when the producer uses the term "genuine leather" in the shoe description, more often than not it is indicative of low quality leather!

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heres another question! show shoelace or have them hidden?

I am assuming what you mean by hidden is where the shoelaces aren't tied up and instead the ends are tucked to the inside of the shoes, somewhat typical of laced shoes on display racks.

It's a nay for me. Laces on dress shoes are meant to be tied and contribute to the overall fit/sizing decision. And a smart look too. IMHO.

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
I am assuming what you mean by hidden is where the shoelaces aren't tied up and instead the ends are tucked to the inside of the shoes, somewhat typical of laced shoes on display racks.

It's a nay for me. Laces on dress shoes are meant to be tied and contribute to the overall fit/sizing decision. And a smart look too. IMHO.

yes tucked into the inside of the shoe but they are still tied up before being tucked in

cokiee

Reaction score

Same for me. A nicely tied bow with a stiffer shoelace adds to the aesthetics. Not that I do it though haha.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
heres another question! show shoelace or have them hidden?

Nicely tied. Hiding shoelaces in a nice fitting shoe can be extremely uncomfortable. Unless you like the feeling of stepping on shoelaces or plastic ends as a form of foot massage.

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score
Is llyr still located at suntec? Can't seem to find the store.

quacks

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Meermin double monks?

Bought the wrong size and would be willing to let go of them for a slight loss.

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, works are undergoing for the entire stretch of shops where LLYR used to be. So it should be affected as well.

Thanks. No wonder the address wasnt stated in their website.not sure, would they still be there after the works.

JinSwag

Reaction score
I just received my new pair of leather shoes!! Any tips or advise on what to do or care to prolong its life and etc. Ty seniors!

acefighter

Master Member
Reaction score
I just received my new pair of leather shoes!! Any tips or advise on what to do or care to prolong its life and etc. Ty seniors!

my advice is do a layer of wax polish before you wear it out. this will improve the water resistance of your shoe. i've learned this the hard way after having some liquid spill on my shoes and left with irremovable stains/marks. :(

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
my advice is do a layer of wax polish before you wear it out. this will improve the water resistance of your shoe. i've learned this the hard way after having some liquid spill on my shoes and left with irremovable stains/marks. :(

A layer of wax may or may not help. It depends on what liquid was spilled.

My advice is to put on some cream instead.

theblueark

Reaction score

What I do as a bare minimum -

Buy these:
Shoe brush
Shoe trees
Shoe horn
Leather conditioner
Leather cream polish
Leather wax polish
Polishing cloth (can cut up old cotton t-shirts)

1. Going out
- Make sure you use the shoe horn to wear your shoes to protect the heel.

2. Coming home
- Quick brush off of the whole shoe to get rid of dirt and mud.
- Insert shoe trees to maintain the shoe shape, help with creases and moisture control.
- Let shoes rest a day. Wear another pair tomorrow instead.

3. Regularly (opinions differ on how often)
- Apply leather conditioner, brush off.
- Apply cream polish, brush off.
- Apply wax polish on toe box (and heel if preferred), brush or buff shine.

4. When the heel/sole is wearing out, make sure to send them in for replacement.

Reaction score
What is the price of the leather shoes, $300, $500 or just under $100. If it is just under $200, my suggestion, worn it out and throw it away. In Singapore humid weather, you want to have at least three pairs of good leather shoes to cycle them around for it to dry out inside. As perspiration will cause smelly feet and foot fungus to flourish. So a decent minimum pair will be around $300 x 3 set = $1K.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do u shine your shoes?
UnSoq8p.jpg

This one possible? I using this for scuff removal

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the price of the leather shoes, $300, $500 or just under $100. If it is just under $200, my suggestion, worn it out and throw it away. In Singapore humid weather, you want to have at least three pairs of good leather shoes to cycle them around for it to dry out inside. As perspiration will cause smelly feet and foot fungus to flourish. So a decent minimum pair will be around $300 x 3 set = $1K.
Who are you talking to?

Sent from this is a forum bruh, unstick your panties before replying using GAGT

Reaction score
Who are you talking to?

Sent from this is a forum bruh, unstick your panties before replying using GAGT

You want me to return your mum's panties, please ask her. She gave them to me after our hot sessions. You should try yourself with your mum...:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.