Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

LeGozt

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
yr 1st pair of oxfords? If not do u hv similar prob for other oxfords or this maker’s last is exceptionally generous at the instep?
Not my first pair of oxfords, but my first pair of MTO oxfords. I think Tahura's last is fairly normal as I have had other shoes made by them before, but they were open laced hence I didn't realise I have a lower than normal instep haha.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Not my first pair of oxfords, but my first pair of MTO oxfords. I think Tahura's last is fairly normal as I have had other shoes made by them before, but they were open laced hence I didn't realise I have a lower than normal instep haha.
Hence my Q
 

LeGozt

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Got a custom black pebble grain oxford with broguing made by Tahura from Indonesia, but when I received it I realised that I have a low instep hence the shoe doesn't fit snugly when I lace it up. Can't lace up further as it is a closed lace shoe. Unworn except to try only, less than 5minutes.

Is anyone interested to buy this off me? Would be happy to sell for cost price excluding shipping (S$260).

Size: 44.5
Upper :: java full grain black
Lining :: full lambskin
Eyelet :: no eyelets
Construction :: veldschoen construction 270 degree
Outsole :: single layer leather with vibram explosion
Welt colour :: black
Edge colour :: black
Welt stitch colour :: black
Toebox :: structured
Heels :: stacked leather with vibram explosion

Send me a PM and I can provide pics through whatsapp

VLPmCBK.jpeg


jCn0lo9.jpeg


ABEFWYm.jpeg


k4tn9Qa.jpeg
 

XTRNTR

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
10
Hello, how much does it cost to do vibram resoling and gusset repair for a pair of chelsea boots? Can anyone recommend a cobbler and share the going rate? Thanks!
 

EquinOoX

Master Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
16
G&G is better or Stefano Bemer? I am going Italy and thinking of buying an Italian shoemaker
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Yes, I am saying I am going italy and thinking of getting Stefano Bemer.

No experience with either brand, sorry. They each have a few different collections, though, so just make sure you do your research and know what you're getting for whatever you're paying
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
I'm interested in getting a pair of carmina loafers. Their price point is very suitable for me. Cant decide if suede or the smooth/shiny one is better
 

Hungry kid

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
539
Reaction score
92
Yes, I am saying I am going italy and thinking of getting Stefano Bemer.

Good choice, maybe can also consider Enzo Bonafe?
I'm interested in getting a pair of carmina loafers. Their price point is very suitable for me. Cant decide if suede or the smooth/shiny one is better
For sin weather, suede quite hard to maintain
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
I'm interested in getting a pair of carmina loafers. Their price point is very suitable for me. Cant decide if suede or the smooth/shiny one is better

Depends on your purpose, regular smooth calf is probably a bit more suitable for the office, while suede looks better dressed down to my eyes
 

acertey

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
868
Reaction score
4
Hi guys, finally after 2-3 years my Aldo shoe is wearing off. I am on the hunt for a shoe replacement, i felt i like wing style brogues. Any budget recommendation on Goodyear Welted shoes.

I do travel to like Thailand and Indonesia occasionally, is it better to look for shoe maker there?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top