Bought first pair of jalan sriwijaya last month. Started to notice an opening on the uppers so I went back and asked if it was user problem or defect. It was indeed a defect so they offered me a free repair. Disappointing to say to least

Had a pair of oxfords from them, GYW crocodile in one year.Bought first pair of jalan sriwijaya last month. Started to notice an opening on the uppers so I went back and asked if it was user problem or defect. It was indeed a defect so they offered me a free repair. Disappointing to say to least
Where to buy budget office shoes ? Like less than $100
RIght now have a pair of Crockett & Jones, thinking of a second backup pair, wonder what brand should i get. Looking at Carmina's.
Below $500, I would give Seamless Bespoke's handwelted range a try. They are going for $488 as far as I recall.
A few days after collecting back, the holes opened up. I went back and this time they said it's a design flaw of the shoe. Tthey were just going to send to cobbler and glue again. What's the point? It's gonna happen again. I asked for partial refund but only offered 20% store credit. These were $370 retail mind you.Bought first pair of jalan sriwijaya last month. Started to notice an opening on the uppers so I went back and asked if it was user problem or defect. It was indeed a defect so they offered me a free repair. Disappointing to say to least
Seamless Bespoke at Ann Siang. I recommend making an appointment before heading downWhere to buy in Singapore?
Hi guys, was wondering what I could get for about 500, looking to get a pair of penny loafers for smart casual attire for first grad. Started a new thread to ask for suggestions and in typical edmw fashion got replies like bata shoes.
Anybody have experience with CNES, Jalan Sriwijaya, Yanko, Bridlen, Seamless bespoke hand-welted in house products or Loake 1880? Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!
Seamless Bespoke at Ann Siang. I recommend making an appointment before heading down
I would advise to email directly to carmina to ask how to send them back the shoes for a re-sole. The total cost might be the same as sending to CNES but you would be sending back to the manufacturer. I also doubt CNES do the job locally, most prob send to Vietnam.Ended up purchasing a pair of Carmina Derbies (DERBY SHOES 80189 SIMPSON)
for like 120 SGD, upper condition is like new, leather sole shows some use and 1 small pit/crack for the left shoe. Didn't really nego since like my first time buying leather shoes and the price is p low already
Any Advise to do resole or just add vibram half soles? Or any other places other than CNES that does good year welt resoles? Enquired with CNES for good year welt resole, range is between 300 - 350, don't really mind paying the price but want to consider all my alternatives, thanks!
After short negotiation, they offered 35% cash refundA few days after collecting back, the holes opened up. I went back and this time they said it's a design flaw of the shoe. Tthey were just going to send to cobbler and glue again. What's the point? It's gonna happen again. I asked for partial refund but only offered 20% store credit. These were $370 retail mind you.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sad, they don't carry Size UK 11.
After short negotiation, they offered 35% cash refund
Carmina's reply:I would advise to email directly to carmina to ask how to send them back the shoes for a re-sole. The total cost might be the same as sending to CNES but you would be sending back to the manufacturer. I also doubt CNES do the job locally, most prob send to Vietnam.
Carmina's reply:
"Thank you for your message and interest in our repair services.
Please note that we are no longer offering our resolling service to customers outside the European Union and USA. We have recently implemented this change due to difficulties with importing the items into Spain. Besides the long customs clearance processing times, importation costs are also increasingly high, and we understand that it is not viable to ask our customers to assume these, on top of the cost of the resole itself.
This decision is temporary as we find better alternatives for our international customers.
However, if you are planning a trip to Europe or USA in the near future, I would be more than happy to assist you in having the shoes brought back to our factory for a resole. "
Any other alternatives for resoling goodyear welts in SG, if may have to consider booking a trip to vietnam or indonesia and get a lower price