Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
Any recommendation for place to send my shoes for cleaning and polish and conditioning. Is mason and Smith good?Thanks
 
Last edited:

Hungry kid

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
539
Reaction score
92
Any recommendation for place to send my shoes for cleaning and polish and conditioning. Is mason and Smith good?Thanks
They are good based on my experience but prices are not cheap. I was surprised the amount the charge for a GYW re-sole...crazy!
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
They are good based on my experience but prices are not cheap. I was surprised the amount the charge for a GYW re-sole...crazy!
I need to resole my cnes blake stitch loafers. Cnes quoted 200, Mason quoted 280. I won't be going for either as I bought them brand new at 260...
 

Hungry kid

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
539
Reaction score
92
I need to resole my cnes blake stitch loafers. Cnes quoted 200, Mason quoted 280. I won't be going for either as I bought them brand new at 260...
Yeah...for me too, when purchased shoes that i see on sales, the i look at Mason&Smith re-sole quote @ $400+...does not really make sense. Does anyone know where they do the re-sole? At their shop or send to other country? Even sending back to church's at MBS also cost cheaper.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Yeah...for me too, when purchased shoes that i see on sales, the i look at Mason&Smith re-sole quote @ $400+...does not really make sense. Does anyone know where they do the re-sole? At their shop or send to other country? Even sending back to church's at MBS also cost cheaper.
Resole mainly for sentimental value and to preserve the nicely broken in upper. But I agree for lower end shoes it does not really make financial sense.
 

tanwei

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
If Im not wrong Jalan have GYW shoes
I think you have to choose based on your how the shoes fit you and the aesthetics of the shoes
 

WoShiPro

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
5,593
Reaction score
223
Any good brand recommendation?

Currently using Earnest and Collective. This pair going 4 years liao. Cheap and good. Previously using rockport and it suck.. My Earnest and Collective pair cost 1/3 of the rockport and it last longer..

Just google Earnest and Collective and they had close down..

I like oxford design shoes.

​

 
Last edited:

new_bie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
752
Reaction score
9
Looking for alternative for this too after Earnest and Collective closed
 
Last edited:

eedwinn

Master Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
4
Anyone tried Asics' Runwalk series? Any good?
Saw it in Japan and tempted to get a pair but in the end decided against it since luggage already exploded!
 

SoulEraser

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
119
Anyone tried Asics' Runwalk series? Any good?
Saw it in Japan and tempted to get a pair but in the end decided against it since luggage already exploded!
bought it for $400+ in 2018, more comfortable than my custom made shoes.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Jim&Jun

78glNZq.png
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top