Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Try this, after you connected the phone in edl mode to your computer, open device manager and find the qualcomm device. Delete it and refresh the device manager. See if it still being reinstalled or not.

ok, not sure if I actually moved it or something, but I opened device manager this time and couldn't find the port showing the driver. But i went to the folder and kinda re-extracted it.

edit: I went to try and manually update the driver showing: "Device driver descriptor failed" to point it to the qualcomm folder, but it says that the best driver is already being used.
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
ok, not sure if I actually moved it or something, but I opened device manager this time and couldn't find the port showing the driver. But i went to the folder and kinda re-extracted it.

edit: I went to try and manually update the driver showing: "Device driver descriptor failed" to point it to the qualcomm folder, but it says that the best driver is already being used.

Try delete it, then hit f5 at the device manager. Anyway can screenshot for us to see?
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Opps! =:p My bad! Haha! :s13: I blur sia! Nothing to do with simi Charging mode or MTP mode...Piaseh!

Can take a picture of your Device Manager showing that unrecognized port?



Dragonguy may have better advice for you....

Heh no paiseh lah. Trying to help ma.

Here's an image of what it looks like on device manager now. Can't find the Qualcomm port.
uDoyLtBl.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Heh no paiseh lah. Trying to help ma.

Here's an image of what it looks like on device manager now. Can't find the Qualcomm port.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

lol! Become like hardware clinic liaoz. Try right click uninstall the error one. after that try refresh in device manager and see if it re-detects.

Anyway if cannot try other USB port, it seems like dirty USB port detected. :s13:

Update:
Tried uninstalling the driver and refreshed - no auto install happening though.

Try replugging back.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
".....best driver already in use...."

Hmmm...sounds familiar to me...:s8:

Okat! Forget about updating it to quadcomm 9008 driver now.

Do this:

> Plugin your Mi Max in EDL Mode / USB Debugging on!

> Update driver.

> Browse for computer for driver software.

> Let me pick a list of device driver from my computer.

> Browse though the list of MTP Drivers of sort (there are few MTP drivers...)

> Pick that MTP driver. (Keep trying those MTP drivers until your PC recognise your Mi Max in Device Manager).
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
".....best driver already in use...."

Hmmm...sounds familiar to me...:s8:

Okat! Forget about updating it to quadcomm 9008 driver now.

Do this:

> Update driver.

> Browse for computer for driver software.

> Let me pick a list of device driver from my computer.

> Browse though the list of MTP Drivers of sort (there are few MTP drivers...)

> Pick that MTP driver. (Keep trying those MTP drivers until your PC recognise your Mi Max in Device Manager).

I think he/she need to reboot his/her computer first. Cause by deleting that I think require restart.
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Haha that's exactly what I just did - uninstalled every single universal serial bus driver then restarted the com for it to detect again. Plugged in my phone in EDL mode, and tadah. Error again. FML.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Haha that's exactly what I just did - uninstalled every single universal serial bus driver then restarted the com for it to detect again. Plugged in my phone in EDL mode, and tadah. Error again. FML.
Well, try another USB port or try bro kelvinti method. If not you have to try update your USB drivers based on your mobo at thier website.

So far did help you google a bit on this error, it seems 2 possible cause.
1st Dirty USB port
2nd USB driver is corrupted
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Well, try another USB port or try bro kelvinti method. If not you have to try update your USB drivers based on your mobo at thier website.

So far did help you google a bit on this error, it seems 2 possible cause.
1st Dirty USB port
2nd USB driver is corrupted

I'm a 'He'! Sorry ah I consider myself to be rather computer illiterate - not sure if I did something that caused this.:eek:

Also, make sure you use the stock Mi Max cable. Xiaomi phone is very picky one... and may try different version of USB port 2.0, 2.1 , 3.0, or 3.5, 4.0...
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
I'm a 'He'! Sorry ah I consider myself to be rather computer illiterate - not sure if I did something that caused this.:eek:
lol no worry. I also good in computer stuffs, just that long time to touch on it so a bit rusty. Last extensive touch on computer stuffs is 5 years back. AMD has brought back the fire of IT in me with its recent launch. aiya off topic liaoz lol.

Anyway, I experience dirty usb port on mobile phones b4, but that was on the phone port itself. Cleaned it and it was all ok. And ya was doing flashing too. If remember not wrongly is samsung galaxy s2 lol.
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Ok so here's what I did from the last update .. hahah.

I needed to ensure that it's not my usb port that's dead, so booted up phone, then plugged into laptop. Successfully detected. Selected MTP on the Mi Max, and the drivers were downloaded, com recognised the item plugged into USB as the Mi max.

Unplugged the phone, put turned it off, put into EDL mode (vol up + vol down + power = vibration), plugged phone in, clicked refresh on mi flash:

DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED..

I think i'm gonna die. hahaha gosh!
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Ok so here's what I did from the last update .. hahah.

I needed to ensure that it's not my usb port that's dead, so booted up phone, then plugged into laptop. Successfully detected. Selected MTP on the Mi Max, and the drivers were downloaded, com recognised the item plugged into USB as the Mi max.

Unplugged the phone, put turned it off, put into EDL mode (vol up + vol down + power = vibration), plugged phone in, clicked refresh on mi flash:

DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED..

I think i'm gonna die. hahaha gosh!

Don't die first. Let's try for the the last time! It could be due to ADB device error:

I encountered the same scenario as you now on my previous Redmi Note 3. I did refer to this tutorial to get my PC to finally recognized my Redmi Note 3 in EDL mode. However, I'm not sure if it works on Mi Max. No harm trying as the last resort!

Click the below link and read:

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Fix ADB device - Unauthorized/waiting for device/Offline errors!!
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Ok so here's what I did from the last update .. hahah.

I needed to ensure that it's not my usb port that's dead, so booted up phone, then plugged into laptop. Successfully detected. Selected MTP on the Mi Max, and the drivers were downloaded, com recognised the item plugged into USB as the Mi max.

Unplugged the phone, put turned it off, put into EDL mode (vol up + vol down + power = vibration), plugged phone in, clicked refresh on mi flash:

DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED..

I think i'm gonna die. hahaha gosh!

Oh my! Did the phone get detected with proper driver?? Anyway try enabling USB debugging mode in developer mode in the phone to see if it helps ba. You're the first I see with such problems lol.:o
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Don't die first. Let's try for the the last time! It could be due to ADB device error:

I encountered the same scenario as you now on my previous Redmi Note 3. I did refer to this tutorial to get my PC to finally recognized my Redmi Note 3 in EDL mode. However, I'm not sure if it works on Mi Max. No harm trying as the last resort!

Click the below link and read:

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Fix ADB device - Unauthorized/waiting for device/Offline errors!!

Tried your link - i downloaded pcsuite so i didn't download the pdanet.

Deleted the adbkey files, tried keying the command prompt and got the error attached.
UKqdMGll.jpg


Next, i thought of downloading the pdanet file, but it prompted me to plug my phone in and it'll install the driver. Should i boot up my phone first? In this case, will the reinstallation cause the original driver (which is working when the phone is booted up) to fail?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
OK I think I catch what's your problem.

First of all is ask you one thing. Did you keep the phone at edl mode all the time (meaning you did not reboot the phone on each try) while trying to connect to your PC?

I managed to replicate your issue and I saw the same error as you. I believe you have to restart to edl mode each time you want to "first plug" to your computer.

Also, please have your Mi flash beta running first, before you try the "first plug" thingy.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top