Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433
Hi all, by convertingvfron CN from to global from, is it considered rooted ? Or partial rooted? I got a warning that my set may have been rooted when I tried to install an insurance app.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Tell us what is your miui version in full.

China rom has hacked version or 3rd party version too thus the prompt of possible rooted device.

Converting to official Global rom is not considered as root.

In fact, it is considered as "unroot" from 3rd party or hacked rom in that context.
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Lol. Until he show us the file he was using den I notice that he download wrong rom for flashing.
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Tell us what is your miui version in full.

China rom has hacked version or 3rd party version too thus the prompt of possible rooted device.

Converting to official Global rom is not considered as root.

In fact, it is considered as "unroot" from 3rd party or hacked rom in that context.

Actually I think the bulk of the problem was not so much because of the wrong ROM, but also because I couldn't detect the port. I sort of think i know what's wrong - I saved the miflash beta file in the 'users/desktop' partition rather than directly to c: (cause windows 8.1 kinda protects you against yourself and prevents you from saving it there directly).

The moment i re-extracted the file to c: it could be detected, even if i didn't go through the whole boot up/edl process.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

Shib

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
11
Tell us what is your miui version in full.

China rom has hacked version or 3rd party version too thus the prompt of possible rooted device.

Converting to official Global rom is not considered as root.

In fact, it is considered as "unroot" from 3rd party or hacked rom in that context.
Please see below
vw7mAqzl.png


Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0

Yours should be officially global rom.

I think i know why the insurance app u trying to install prompt that. I guess it is due to the app not recognising the phone. Like some members posted here before that they cannot install certain local apps on mi max, saying not compatible. Then the insurance app instead of telling you cannot install, it tell you otherwise. I maybe wrong on this.

If you really want to try. Maybe post the insurance app name then we here can try install on our set to see if got this root prompt or not.

Cheers
 

Shib

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
11
Yours should be officially global rom.

I think i know why the insurance app u trying to install prompt that. I guess it is due to the app not recognising the phone. Like some members posted here before that they cannot install certain local apps on mi max, saying not compatible. Then the insurance app instead of telling you cannot install, it tell you otherwise. I maybe wrong on this.

If you really want to try. Maybe post the insurance app name then we here can try install on our set to see if got this root prompt or not.

Cheers
The app is myAXA.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0

Ok, installed and ran. Smooth as butter, did not have the prompt you mentioned at all. However, miine is latest global stable rom 8.2.1.0

Maybe you want to update to it? But by right should have no issue even you're using 8.1.9.0 though. The conversation from cn rom to global rom done by your own? Did a flash all/clean all flashing?
 

Shib

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
11
Ok, installed and ran. Smooth as butter, did not have the prompt you mentioned at all. However, miine is latest global stable rom 8.2.1.0

Maybe you want to update to it? But by right should have no issue even you're using 8.1.9.0 though. The conversation from cn rom to global rom done by your own? Did a flash all/clean all flashing?
The 8.1.9.0 done by New star. I tried to use mi suite to upgrade but it can't detect the phone due to mm issue.

Do I just down 8.2.1.0 and put in a folder then run updater?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
The 8.1.9.0 done by New star. I tried to use mi suite to upgrade but it can't detect the phone due to mm issue.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Ic. If you feel unsafe, then flash it via edl mode yourself to the latest rom to ensure it is clean.

Anyway, by right it should have prompt you for update on the phone itself since 8.2.1.0 out very long already. Try system update on the phone to see if it prompts you to update via OTA. If it doesn't, could means the rom is tempered with.
 

CyberMew

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
3,165
Reaction score
16
I have taken a photo of the X-ONE temper glass that is current pasted on my phone, using my old samsung galaxy s2, so please bear with the quality of it.

20170325_182551-979x1305_zps7o3e0ixr.jpg


It will appear a bit yellowish on the actual screen protector as it is meant to protect your eyes via X-ONE patent design (hence it explains the premium price). It is a bit wider then the actual screen size but narrower than the borders. I had used b4 on samsung note 4 and had been waiting for it to come out for mi max. Only found out recently it has for it.

So if you guys don't mind the premium price, then go for it. Else stay away from it as I know the srp price is pretty non negotiable.

Like I mentioned previously, I got mine from the new bukit panjang shopping mall (Hillion Mall) at B1, shop name "Explore Mobile" (X-ONE concept store located beside singtel authorized dealer shop, opp best denki).

I think you also able to get it from those mobile shop at malls, provided they bring in for mi max.

Cheers.

*P.S. I'm not affiliated to any shops or X-ONE.

I might be going there. How much did the screen protector and application?
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
YES I did ensure that it's flash all hehe. But yes you're right - now that it works it isn't very difficult. Thinking back I think i know what went wrong, at a more sane time i'll post here for the benefit of the others!

For now, thank you very much! I appreciate it.



Yep totally! I really couldn't take it lying that I couldn't do it - i'm not the most computer literate person on earth, but this didn't seem that difficult at all. Until I tried it. heh.

Lol throwback time on last night "incident".

Firstly. By right all working fine, but somehow cokiee installed the miflash beta on other folder making it unable to render the detection. He then reinstall the miflash helps the detection.

Secondly, the phone is replugged back into without restarting edl on the 2nd, 3rd, so on. Causing windows to detect as unrecognised usb device. So the rest of the guys will need to take note on this. Edl mode must be restarted if you intended to unplug and plug back. This means it will work only on the "first plug".

Thirdly. The most stupid things I failed to see is that, he is using recovery rom. Lol... Take note that the en.miui.com download rom page will show only the recovery rom (only states as full rom only). In order to download fastboot rom, you have to click on the flashing guide at the download page and it should led you to the fastboot rom download section. You can also enter the forum mi max section and find the latest fastboot rom.

Nevertheless, good learning experience to all and nice community work of contributing by the brothers here.

I will try to update the guide on my desktop with all these info since I now very eng liaoz. Since updating the guide using mobile will be vomit blood type.

Cheers.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,269
Reaction score
2,433

As per what Dragonboy has advised. :)

My Transport app is also not recognized by MIUI. We can't install it via Google Playstore.

However, you can work around it by sideloading it using the app apk. You can do that to your AXA insurance app too if you are able to Google search and download the apk and sideload it into your Mi Max. :)

Sideloading an apk is a straightforward 5 seconds of summer's process. You don't need to go through hell likes Cokiee bro... Kekeke. Opps!
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top