Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

Gaddy23

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
2,333
Reaction score
67
Flashing is really easy.. some kind soul posted a great guide a few pages back. Loving the phone more and more. Feels premium enough and you can't beat the price! Selecting photos in gallery by swiping is genius.. helps when you want to delete hundreds of photos..
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
That would be @Dragonguy and @Kelvinti, to whom I am eternally indebted. Hahaha.

Guys wanna check - has anyone used MiMover before to transfer stuff? Am on mi3 and want to transfer my apps and contacts etc over to the max. I'm not so concerned about the apps as these can be separately downloaded and logged into again, but the contacts are crucial. Syncing to Google contacts means that all my contacts in Gmail get synced in also, which I'm not keen on.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
That would be @Dragonguy and @Kelvinti, to whom I am eternally indebted. Hahaha.

Guys wanna check - has anyone used MiMover before to transfer stuff? Am on mi3 and want to transfer my apps and contacts etc over to the max. I'm not so concerned about the apps as these can be separately downloaded and logged into again, but the contacts are crucial. Syncing to Google contacts means that all my contacts in Gmail get synced in also, which I'm not keen on.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

Hahaha, don't say until like that la. Just helping nia, small matter.

Ps ar, never try mi mover before. You just try it out, no harm de ba I guess. Not as if the contacts will be disappear in the sender set.
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
294
That would be @Dragonguy and @Kelvinti, to whom I am eternally indebted. Hahaha.

Guys wanna check - has anyone used MiMover before to transfer stuff? Am on mi3 and want to transfer my apps and contacts etc over to the max. I'm not so concerned about the apps as these can be separately downloaded and logged into again, but the contacts are crucial. Syncing to Google contacts means that all my contacts in Gmail get synced in also, which I'm not keen on.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

Contacts will get transferred over with MiMover
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
That would be @Dragonguy and @Kelvinti, to whom I am eternally indebted. Hahaha.

Guys wanna check - has anyone used MiMover before to transfer stuff? Am on mi3 and want to transfer my apps and contacts etc over to the max. I'm not so concerned about the apps as these can be separately downloaded and logged into again, but the contacts are crucial. Syncing to Google contacts means that all my contacts in Gmail get synced in also, which I'm not keen on.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

Don't anyhow said lah! :s13:

I just share what I know...anyhow! :s13:
 

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
23,381
Reaction score
4,314
locked bootloader can only flash official MIUI ROMs without unlocking, I think? unless got way to bypass (e.g. EDL mode)
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
tempered glass easy to paste ?

3. To Flash to GLOBAL ROM, please unlock MI ACCOUNT, under the link: http://en.miui.com/unlock/ After you have unlocked the MI ACCOUNT and received granted permission SMS, can flash to GLOBAL ROM. If you need any help can contact us.

does everyone of u do that ?

No need to unlock bootie if you are flashing official Xiaomi rom, be it Global Stable or China Stable rom de... :)

This applies to Xiaomi official developer rom as well. :)
 

pokipoki08

Master Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
3,931
Reaction score
1,712
Those who need to unlock additional LTE bands may refer to this post (scroll to bottom). ROOT required.

Note: it's unwise to unlock all LTE bands, some bands not in use at all. Makes battery drain while polling for networks. So, improvise as required.

If you messed up, your phone may NEVER connect to any LTE networks again, so BACKUP!. You should have backups if you flash roms regularly. It's easy to have a flash go bad ie flashing when low on batt, etc.

Partition Backup & Restore by WANAM

Select "Spanner Tool" icon, select backup 1st 100MB (contains imei, serial no., mac addresses etc)
Select ALL partitions except System, Userdata
Backup format: BOTH Compressed backup (tar.gz) & raw partition image (.img)
Then copy to safe remote storage

krvAPqxAhbeb5ot0EPBW-yOTdscf6BewXOUiTNPGI_wC9XOfSjlV3WDqHCx1gWX_AEmi=h900



BTW, there's a new battery endurance champion phone from Xiaomi. It's Redmi Note 4/4x (Snapdragon 625). Full battery test ranking here. Only Mi Max 2 can beat this score.

gsmarena_001.jpg

xiaomi-mi-max.jpg
 
Last edited:

pokipoki08

Master Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
3,931
Reaction score
1,712
xiaomi note 4 and xiaomi note 4X same same but different?

a bit confusing here,

china models, qoo10sg & shopee.sg
note 4x - snapdragon 625
note 4 - helio x20

india models, race course road, export set
both note 4 & note 4x - snapdragon 625

sg models, official mi store lazada, sg warranty
note 4 - snapdragon

taiwan models
have a few extra LTE bands

consensus
pay a bit more ($10-$25) to get official local sg set from lazada mistore with card promo & powerbank bundle

performance-driven, choose helio x20
battery-driven, choose snapdragon 625

helio x20 versions
5GHz supported, with 802.11ac WiFi supported as well.

snapdragon 625 versions
5GHz supported, not 802.11ac WiFi support.
Only 802.11n 2.4/5GHz.

if it's not confusing, it's not Xiaomi.

the next 1-4 months should be exciting. Xiaomi will launch Snapdragon 660 & 835 models, 14nm & 10nm finfet cpu, which will give increased battery & cpu performance than any other models now.

Mi Max should drop price then, or be out-of-stock, just like redmi note 3 after note 4 launch. This years midrange top chip, SD660 will blow last years flagship chips. So, choose & buy according to your needs. I wouldn't buy any models now, unless desperate for a phone.
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
a bit confusing here,

china models, qoo10sg & shopee.sg
note 4x - snapdragon 625
note 4 - helio x20

india models, race course road, export set
both note 4 & note 4x - snapdragon 625

sg models, official mi store lazada, sg warranty
note 4 - snapdragon

taiwan models
have a few extra LTE bands

consensus
pay a bit more ($10-$25) to get official local sg set from lazada mistore with card promo & powerbank bundle

performance-driven, choose helio x20
battery-driven, choose snapdragon 625

helio x20 versions
5GHz supported, with 802.11ac WiFi supported as well.

snapdragon 625 versions
5GHz supported, not 802.11ac WiFi support.
Only 802.11n 2.4/5GHz.

if it's not confusing, it's not Xiaomi.

the next 1-4 months should be exciting. Xiaomi will launch Snapdragon 660 & 835 models, 14nm & 10nm finfet cpu, which will give increased battery & cpu performance than any other models now.

Mi Max should drop price then, or be out-of-stock, just like redmi note 3 after note 4 launch. This years midrange top chip, SD660 will blow last years flagship chips. So, choose & buy according to your needs. I wouldn't buy any models now, unless desperate for a phone.

Super duper awesome information and advice. :)

My next new phone must be a 835 powered..
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I found below in the developer option. I think my set is OK.
Ly8UTLLl.png


Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

OMG! To my surprise, my Mi Max in unlocked!? Strange!? I don't even knew that it has been unlocked LOL...

The only thing I know is that I have ever unlocked my bootloader using Mi Unlocked Tool, but I have since flashed back to official Global rom using Miflash. It should has been Locked back... Strange indeed!?

Any expert care to explain what has happened in my case?

 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I know what is bootloader thingy. I'm just puzzled why my Mi Max remained Unlocked even after I have flashed back to original Global rom lol...

It should has been Locked back, right, by right?

I'm blur sia... Kekeke.
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
OMG! To my surprise, my Mi Max in unlocked!? Strange!? I don't even knew that it has been unlocked LOL...

The only thing I know is that I have ever unlocked my bootloader using Mi Unlocked Tool, but I have since flashed back to official Global rom using Miflash. It should has been Locked back... Strange indeed!?

Any expert care to explain what has happened in my case?


Did you use mi flash to lock back?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top