Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Did you use mi flash to lock back?

Can meh?

When I miFlash back to Global rom, I just select "Clean All" as usual..:s8:

Ok.. May be I can use Fastboot oem lock cmd to lock it back....Let's see..:s22:
 
Last edited:

skrw105

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
35
I know what is bootloader thingy. I'm just puzzled why my Mi Max remained Unlocked even after I have flashed back to original Global rom lol...

It should has been Locked back, right, by right?

I'm blur sia... Kekeke.

see, u didn't read:D

in short, this picture tells typical software structures,

t62luPF.jpg


flash rom usually only touches the rom part.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
see, u didn't read:D

in short, this picture tells typical software structures,

t62luPF.jpg


flash rom usually only touches the rom part.

:D Those are too technical for me liao! I don't read those! Even if I read it, I also don't understand a thingy de..Haha! :s13:

Okay! Settled....I just remembered that we can use adb fastboot method to lock it back. ...... 2 seconds job! :s22:

BEFORE:
C:\>fastboot oem device-info

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

NOW:
C:\>fastboot oem device-info
...
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

I can go eat my fried beehoon for breakfast now! =:p

 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
OMG! To my surprise, my Mi Max in unlocked!? Strange!? I don't even knew that it has been unlocked LOL...

The only thing I know is that I have ever unlocked my bootloader using Mi Unlocked Tool, but I have since flashed back to official Global rom using Miflash. It should has been Locked back... Strange indeed!?

Any expert care to explain what has happened in my case?


Once unlocked will stay unlock imho. It tags to your mi account.

If you notice, miflash beta have an option, clean all & lock. Maybe can lock back, but the moment you log in mi account, it will be unlock, i guess.

But how come your manual twrp can fail lay? Lol!
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Once unlocked will stay unlock imho. It tags to your mi account.

If you notice, miflash beta have an option, clean all & lock. Maybe can lock back, but the moment you log in mi account, it will be unlock, i guess.

But how come your manual twrp can fail lay? Lol!

I see! :)

Ya, noticed that MiFlash has that Clean and Lock option. Probably I should had used that option when I flashed back to Global ROM earlier on!

As for twrp, I could bootup to twrp recovery but the twrp couldn't detect my internal storage, thus couldn't locate the eu.rom zip file.

May be I screwed up somewhere during the installation of twrp helium recovery. :o
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Tried using mi mover to move my apps over to the new phone. Pretty straightforward, takes about 15 mins to send the apps over, then the receiving phone takes a while more to restore the apps.

Haven't verified if everything goes over, but was quite impressed that the mi max alarm rang this morning, i.e., the alarm settings went over as well.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
I see! :)

Ya, noticed that MiFlash has that Clean and Lock option. Probably I should had used that option when I flashed back to Global ROM earlier on!

As for twrp, I could bootup to twrp recovery but the twrp couldn't detect my internal storage, thus couldn't locate the eu.rom zip file.

May be I screwed up somewhere during the installation of twrp helium recovery. :o

I think if i remember not wrongly, you need to mount partition at the twrp manual. As for what mounting, kinda forget lol.

UPDATE:
Extracted from xiaomi.eu thread by doomslayers

====
11. TWRP can ask for password, press cancel and allow modifications by moving slider.
If you just need ROOT and your current rom, skip to the step 16. Also there is a recovery from boot in system folder. If you won't remove it, recovery may be replaced with stock one after reboot. Keep it that way if you want OTAs.
12. Format data.
13. Enable MTP and put modified zip in your phone.
14. Go to mounts and unmount system **
15. Flash your rom.
16. Flash latest supersu.
17. Reboot the phone.
In case u got NO OS message, then it means that u probably ignored step 15.
Also first boot may take like 15-20 minutes, since eu rom is deodexed.
Just to be sure, after installation mount system partition and navigate to the /system folder using TWRP's file manager and make sure it's not empty.

* In my case system didn't install because script could mount system partition since it was already mounted.
====
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I think if i remember not wrongly, you need to mount partition at the twrp manual. As for what mounting, kinda forget lol.

UPDATE:
Extracted from xiaomi.eu thread by doomslayers

====
11. TWRP can ask for password, press cancel and allow modifications by moving slider.
If you just need ROOT and your current rom, skip to the step 16. Also there is a recovery from boot in system folder. If you won't remove it, recovery may be replaced with stock one after reboot. Keep it that way if you want OTAs.
12. Format data.
13. Enable MTP and put modified zip in your phone.
14. Go to mounts and unmount system **
15. Flash your rom.
16. Flash latest supersu.
17. Reboot the phone.
In case u got NO OS message, then it means that u probably ignored step 15.
Also first boot may take like 15-20 minutes, since eu rom is deodexed.
Just to be sure, after installation mount system partition and navigate to the /system folder using TWRP's file manager and make sure it's not empty.

* In my case system didn't install because script could mount system partition since it was already mounted.
====

Thanks, dragonboy,

Let me read it through again and understand the process and steps..
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Just to be sure, whats the current version for global stable? Compared the versions on the mix max Vs the mi 3, and the numbers are the same, however the letters differ - do the letters indicate anything?
hKAzvxXl.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT

Correct. Even though the version number is the same, the rom is different for every models.

Thus the difference in the alphabetical name given.

Cannot any use de.
 
Last edited:

KinMun1989

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
581
Reaction score
0
I would like to ask a question regarding rom as this Mi Max thread more active on rom.

Let say if I bought export set from seller lazada or qoo. If the phone come global rom + play Store means in future I can OTA updates software right? No need to flash rom in order to get the latest update OTA.
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
I would like to ask a question regarding rom as this Mi Max thread more active on rom.

Let say if I bought export set from seller lazada or qoo. If the phone come global rom + play Store means in future I can OTA updates software right? No need to flash rom in order to get the latest update OTA.

Yes. If it comes with the official global rom it can rrceive ota.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I would like to ask a question regarding rom as this Mi Max thread more active on rom.

Let say if I bought export set from seller lazada or qoo. If the phone come global rom + play Store means in future I can OTA updates software right? No need to flash rom in order to get the latest update OTA.

Just add on.

You still need to check coz there have been 1 or 2 cases of 3rd party or hacked Global rom + Playstore being reported. Those rom will not get OTA.

If you are not too sure after getting the new set, post screen shot of About Phone and post it here for us to double check.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,386
Reaction score
25,319
comparing 256gb mi mix, max is still the best way out if you want 128gb storage while utilizing two SIMs (without using adapter). 256gb is just, overkill.
.
i still left 50% unused storage on my max.

and of course ,the vast difference in pricing.

the slimmest phone from Xiaomi at 7.5mm with relatively good SAR reading below 1.
i don't need what 2k display like s8 series (only want the design).
full HD is enough, even HD is decent.

selling points,
big battery with big screen with nice price.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
comparing 256gb mi mix, max is still the best way out if you want 128gb storage while utilizing two SIMs (without using adapter). 256gb is just, overkill.
.
i still left 50% unused storage on my max.

and of course ,the vast difference in pricing.

the slimmest phone from Xiaomi at 7.5mm with relatively good SAR reading below 1.
i don't need what 2k display like s8 series (only want the design).
full HD is enough, even HD is decent.

selling points,
big battery with big screen with nice price.

Mi MIX, a conceptional phone, a prototype or "beta" model in that context, and with a price tag of between $800-$1k. No no! :(
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,386
Reaction score
25,319
of course if you want the chioest design from Xiaomi, equipped with plenty of RAM and the fast processor chip. Not forgetting the loud speaker.
mix for you.

Ps:you missed the recent deal of $729 on qoo10 for 256GB?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
of course if you want the chioest design from Xiaomi, equipped with plenty of RAM and the fast processor chip. Not forgetting the loud speaker.
mix for you.

Ps:you missed the recent deal of $729 on qoo10 for 256GB?

Ya! I saw the deal actually.....but I have totally forgo the Mi MIX already!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top