Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,200
Reaction score
3,607
Mi MIX, a conceptional phone, a prototype or "beta" model in that context, and with a price tag of between $800-$1k. No no! :(
Aiyah. That time u canceled the deal.. If not u should be holding and using the 256gb until Chao sng already.. What is mi max. Lol
 

KinMun1989

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
581
Reaction score
0
Just add on.

You still need to check coz there have been 1 or 2 cases of 3rd party or hacked Global rom + Playstore being reported. Those rom will not get OTA.



If you are not too sure after getting the new set, post screen shot of About Phone and post it here for us to double check.

Thank you.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Aiyah. That time u canceled the deal.. If not u should be holding and using the 256gb until Chao sng already.. What is mi max. Lol

Sour grapes drama....=:p

However, I may regret now if I have not cancelled the Mi MIX order as for that price tag, Mi MIX camera is still a lower than average! A blessing in sour grape lah! :s13:
 

Shib

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
11
Qc3.0

Anyone using QC3 charger? Does it really cut down the charging time by a lot? If so, any charger to recommend?
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,385
Reaction score
25,315
Anyone using QC3 charger? Does it really cut down the charging time by a lot? If so, any charger to recommend?

QC2.0 is slow on charging max. takes about 4hrs to fully charged.
using aukey QC3.0, not more than 3hrs fully charged.
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,200
Reaction score
3,607
Sour grapes drama....=:p

However, I may regret now if I have not cancelled the Mi MIX order as for that price tag, Mi MIX camera is still a lower than average! A blessing in sour grape lah! :s13:

The photos from the camera are actually quite good. Of cos serious photo taking I is using d750 with my primes lenses.. Bad thing is u didn't get to use and touch and molest this chio phone but the cold and hard MAX. Recent deal 256gb at 700 is a steal... Great many bros caught it
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
Ya! I saw the deal actually.....but I have totally forgo the Mi MIX already!

Thats a dead model even in China. Not very well receive by consumer.
Wait for Mi6 to be launched on APR/11, currently priced at rmb1999.
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Well. My next new phone must has a solid camera especially in low light. Don't tell me about S8, I don't like the curved screen.
 

AcerAF715

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
1,427
Reaction score
0
hopefully mixmax2 come out soon.

mimax camera over saturated yellowish photos under florescent lighting condition is terrible.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,385
Reaction score
25,315
i don't expect high quality pics from the price i paid.

anyway, does the quality depend on the firmware too?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
hopefully mixmax2 come out soon.

mimax camera over saturated yellowish photos under florescent lighting condition is terrible.

Yap! Bug with 8.2.1.0! Just lower the saturation to "Lower" for the time being under florescent lighting condition.

Before 8.2.1.0, it wasn't there. Hopefully that the 8.2.3.0 fixed it.

Are you with 32 or 64/128? . I have the 128

32 model is on 8.2.3.0 now. Not fixed yet?
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
i don't expect high quality pics from the price i paid.

anyway, does the quality depend on the firmware too?

Yap! If want good camera especially in low light / Night, Mi Max or even Mi Max 2 is not going to make it lah!

As for the camera quality improvement o different firmware. It does to a very small extend. The limitation is the camera hardware used. Software can't push much.

I thought that the current Android 7 based Developer rom improved the low light quality just a bit? :s8:
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I think if i remember not wrongly, you need to mount partition at the twrp manual. As for what mounting, kinda forget lol.

UPDATE:
Extracted from xiaomi.eu thread by doomslayers

====
11. TWRP can ask for password, press cancel and allow modifications by moving slider.
If you just need ROOT and your current rom, skip to the step 16. Also there is a recovery from boot in system folder. If you won't remove it, recovery may be replaced with stock one after reboot. Keep it that way if you want OTAs.
12. Format data.
13. Enable MTP and put modified zip in your phone.
14. Go to mounts and unmount system **
15. Flash your rom.
16. Flash latest supersu.
17. Reboot the phone.
In case u got NO OS message, then it means that u probably ignored step 15.
Also first boot may take like 15-20 minutes, since eu rom is deodexed.
Just to be sure, after installation mount system partition and navigate to the /system folder using TWRP's file manager and make sure it's not empty.

* In my case system didn't install because script could mount system partition since it was already mounted.
====

Today, I have plenty of time. So, after re-reading, I'm trying to install twrp and eu.rom 8.2.2.0 again...:s8:

....At the moment, my Mi Max is booting up after installation of eu.rom 8.2.2.0....Fingers and legs crossed.....hopefully it goes well...Kekeke! :D

In the worse case scenario if I don't like the eu.rom, I can just enter EDL mode again in eu.rom and miFlash back to official Global rom, right? :o
 
Last edited:

AcerAF715

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
1,427
Reaction score
0
Yap! Bug with 8.2.1.0! Just lower the saturation to "Lower" for the time being under florescent lighting condition.

Before 8.2.1.0, it wasn't there. Hopefully that the 8.2.3.0 fixed it.

Are you with 32 or 64/128? . I have the 128

32 model is on 8.2.3.0 now. Not fixed yet?

Mine even before 8,2,3 also have this same problem.

previously was 8.2 or 8.1.something

mine was gold 64gb
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Mine even before 8,2,3 also have this same problem.

previously was 8.2 or 8.1.something

mine was gold 64gb

I see. I can't remember which previous version of "good" non-yellow fever rom. Let me check the China based eu.rom 8.2.2.0 which I'm setting it up now to see if such yellow fever happend in China based rom as well.

Will report back later so that we at least, have an idea what is going on or if MIUI team has fixed it in other versions of ROM. :s22:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Finally, managed to install twrp and flash to eu.rom 8.2.2.0! First time on Mi Max or rather on Xiaomi device! A bit scary sia being a virgin...but WTF...just take the risk lah, else never learned! :s13:

Big Thank to few of you who have advised me and guided me through...:)

LgPJonk.png
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
first time?

In a way, this is my first time on Xiaomi device, with Mi Max Prime, successfuly! =:p

2 days ago, I screwed it! :(

The last time I played with twrp and custom rom thingy was on HTC One X many years back! That's why I have became super rusty about this stuffs! :s13:
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top