Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Lol, loving it deep deep ey. I still lazy to convert back. Since i don't use mi account for backing up my stuffs (have my own personal reasons), restoring will take time..... Especially my sms and call logs (5k+, ya i need them due to work issue).

See how later if me not sleepy.

But i start to dulan the audio settings le lol..... See how.....

Can use an app which will backup :

1. Call logs
2. SMS-es

All to Google Drive. Then restore back from there.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Any bro using pie control... Now the new version sucks... The tools now Cannot control sound, no flash light, cannot on off auto rotate etc... Cannot call a contact.. Knn

I was using it long time ago. But I realised that it causes some problem with the screen overlay and stopped using it since.
 

Oyabun

Banned
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
4,214
Reaction score
7
Anyone also experience the issue of unable to update from playstore whereby it stuck at the waiting for Wi-Fi?
 

Shib

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
11
Just a quick update on my Mi Max auto reboot matter. So far it has not occurred after flashing to 8.2.1.0. It came in 8.1.9.0 previously.
 

skrw105

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
35
Anyone also experience the issue of unable to update from playstore whereby it stuck at the waiting for Wi-Fi?

u on global developer rom 7.3.30 or 7.4.6?

i m on 7.4.6, i uninstall update from the play store app. then no problem...i have not searched for correct remedy, so do it at your own risk.

7I19N4Y.jpg
 
Last edited:

Pryson

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2001
Messages
3,809
Reaction score
39
I'm on miui 7.3.30 global beta. I uninstalled the update from the playstore as well to fix the wait for WiFi issue
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Basically, the 7.4.6 has conflict with the latest Google playstore update causing the "Waiting for Wi-Fi" issue.

The best and fastest solution is likes what those bros have said. Uninstall the playstore update but again the feeling is no good as nobody wants to run a backdated Google Playstore, right?
 

skrw105

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
35
Basically, the 7.4.6 has conflict with the latest Google playstore update causing the "Waiting for Wi-Fi" issue.

The best and fastest solution is likes what those bros have said. Uninstall the playstore update but again the feeling is no good as nobody wants to run a backdated Google Playstore, right?

if i m not wrong the play store app will update itself or can tap on "play store version" under setting to update.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Can use an app which will backup :

1. Call logs
2. SMS-es

All to Google Drive. Then restore back from there.

Ya I know, the app is called sms backup+, been using it. But it is slow like hell due to 5k+ sms and call logs. Lol.
 

zekai

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2000
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
10
re: XM, i heard they cannot enter the US because they dun have a lot of patent or rather they did not pay a lot of the royalties... so stuck in asia. Is this true?

I have some friends who say they will be sued shitless if they go into US.
 

pokipoki08

Master Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
3,944
Reaction score
1,716
Can use an app which will backup :

1. Call logs
2. SMS-es

All to Google Drive. Then restore back from there.

SMS Backup & Restore by Carbonite, backup to Google Drive/local sdcard/Dropbox, can set auto schedule.

Call logs maybe not.
 

Oyabun

Banned
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
4,214
Reaction score
7
Basically, the 7.4.6 has conflict with the latest Google playstore update causing the "Waiting for Wi-Fi" issue.

The best and fastest solution is likes what those bros have said. Uninstall the playstore update but again the feeling is no good as nobody wants to run a backdated Google Playstore, right?


Thanks all for the reply, I on the china dev rom for sometime. I think I will just change to global rom. Very irritating on the Wi-Fi hanging and lots of apps update cannot be done from google playstore. Anyway, for the uninstall updates option is not available in this version, only have uninstall icon.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Can use an app which will backup :

1. Call logs
2. SMS-es

All to Google Drive. Then restore back from there.

Ya I know, the app is called sms backup+, been using it. But it is slow like hell due to 5k+ sms and call logs. Lol.

SMS Backup & Restore by Carbonite, backup to Google Drive/local sdcard/Dropbox, can set auto schedule.

Call logs maybe not.

I am using this one. From all that I have tried, this is one of the best and very fast.

SMS & Call Log Backup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softrelay.calllogsmsbackup&hl=en
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Thanks all for the reply, I on the china dev rom for sometime. I think I will just change to global rom. Very irritating on the Wi-Fi hanging and lots of apps update cannot be done from google playstore. Anyway, for the uninstall updates option is not available in this version, only have uninstall icon.

Yup! Just change to global rom for a proper functioning phone and apps.

One time pain. Happy forever. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top