Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Still undeciding whether note 4 4/64gb local set or mi max 4/128gb export set

You main deciding factor will be the size of the handset.

Mi Max is not small for pants pocket and can be a challenge holding such a big piece of metal in term of accidental knocks and drops!

Note 4's size is spot on for pants pocket and very "handy"!

For games and video watching, go for Mi Max. Other than that, Note 4's size is just nice for normal hand phone usage likes texting and call and normal webby browsing.
 
Last edited:

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,404
Reaction score
25,324
considering the prices, mi Max is an all rounder. I love it. slim enough.screen to body ratio decently >70%
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
You main deciding factor will be the size of the handset.

Mi Max is not small for pants pocket and can be a challenge holding such a big piece of metal in term of accidental knocks and drops!

Note 4's size is spot on for pants pocket and very "handy"!

For games and video watching, go for Mi Max. Other than that, Note 4's size is just nice for normal hand phone usage likes texting and call and normal webby browsing.
After using the mi max for a few days, my eyes have adjusted to the size. I find my rmn3 a tad small now

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
114
Reaction score
28
I actually called kelvinti to ask about his mi max 4/128 and he was super friendly and informative.

Was super tempted to buy until i tested out the display set at challenger. Kelvinti mentioned the camera is chui. I didnt really understood until I compared it side by side vs RMN4 and RM3s. Mi Max camera is super jialat - very mong mong even under good light condition.


Will see what happens with Mi Max 2.
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
294
I actually called kelvinti to ask about his mi max 4/128 and he was super friendly and informative.

Was super tempted to buy until i tested out the display set at challenger. Kelvinti mentioned the camera is chui. I didnt really understood until I compared it side by side vs RMN4 and RM3s. Mi Max camera is super jialat - very mong mong even under good light condition.


Will see what happens with Mi Max 2.
Is note 4 better? I always thought ard there.
 

azbyza

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
After using the mi max for a few days, my eyes have adjusted to the size. I find my rmn3 a tad small now

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
A lot of people are affected by the Apple crowd mentality that big is not cool.
The usual excuse is that it's not comfortable to hold or the pants pockets too small. But they forget that it's the eyes that's most important. Would they buy a book with text so small as the iphone4 ? Yet they prefer to stain their eyes than to strain their hands a little. Would they allow your kids to read books with text that small? Would you allow your kids to put the book so close to his face and squint?

Your's and many positive experiences are what changed the trend from small too big. It's simple common sense.Yet every time these Lilliphontians would go to every phone review sites to complain that new phones are too big.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I actually called kelvinti to ask about his mi max 4/128 and he was super friendly and informative.

Was super tempted to buy until i tested out the display set at challenger. Kelvinti mentioned the camera is chui. I didnt really understood until I compared it side by side vs RMN4 and RM3s. Mi Max camera is super jialat - very mong mong even under good light condition.


Will see what happens with Mi Max 2.

Taylor no Sweat ahh! :s13:
 

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
48,749
Reaction score
2
I cannot find this ads leh ... Still valid ?

For those still eyeing a set

h0w8OvW.jpg
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
A lot of people are affected by the Apple crowd mentality that big is not cool.
The usual excuse is that it's not comfortable to hold or the pants pockets too small. But they forget that it's the eyes that's most important. Would they buy a book with text so small as the iphone4 ? Yet they prefer to stain their eyes than to strain their hands a little. Would they allow your kids to read books with text that small? Would you allow your kids to put the book so close to his face and squint?

Your's and many positive experiences are what changed the trend from small too big. It's simple common sense.Yet every time these Lilliphontians would go to every phone review sites to complain that new phones are too big.

Agreed. I see those people always struggling to read on their tiny screen on their mobile phones especially reading those graphics rich content webby and apps.

Mi Max is spot on at 6.4" as a dual purpose phone. Big screen enough for reading, browsing and video watching and yet small enough as a mobile phone and to be carried around comfortably in that context. :)
 
Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,594
Reaction score
2
A lot of people are affected by the Apple crowd mentality that big is not cool.
The usual excuse is that it's not comfortable to hold or the pants pockets too small. But they forget that it's the eyes that's most important. Would they buy a book with text so small as the iphone4 ? Yet they prefer to stain their eyes than to strain their hands a little. Would they allow your kids to read books with text that small? Would you allow your kids to put the book so close to his face and squint?

Your's and many positive experiences are what changed the trend from small too big. It's simple common sense.Yet every time these Lilliphontians would go to every phone review sites to complain that new phones are too big.

Haha... I think some people just cannot handle the size bah?
I own an iPhone 6S+, and also carry a company's iPhone 7+, but I still have my Mi Max with me as my entertainment phone. Love the size for watching videos / reading comics / surfing sites.
A little big in the pocket but it's so slim and light to hold! ;)

Only complaints are the global rom sound issue and the LCD is not bright enough in bright areas. =:p
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Haha... I think some people just cannot handle the size bah?
I own an iPhone 6S+, and also carry a company's iPhone 7+, but I still have my Mi Max with me as my entertainment phone. Love the size for watching videos / reading comics / surfing sites.
A little big in the pocket but it's so slim and light to hold! ;)

Only complaints are the global rom sound issue and the LCD is not bright enough in bright areas. =:p

Sound issue. Go EU rom 8.2.3.0 and you will be in heaven of sound and music for both earpiece and speaker.

Trust me. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top