Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn't realise the local version launching so soon so bought the most basic model from Shoppe last week. First time experience using with a China ROM but after finding the Google Play app on the Xiaomi store, I was able to install my most often used apps easily, except for Chrome which only installed after a few tries for some reason. Tablet itself is a bit heavier than my Samsung Tab 5e or iPad Air and the edges a but sharper than I like. But the screen quality is good and the 120Hz refresh rate is very smooth. Performance is snappy although I don't game so I should be happy with it for my casual usage.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't realise the local version launching so soon so bought the most basic model from Shoppe last week. First time experience using with a China ROM but after finding the Google Play app on the Xiaomi store, I was able to install my most often used apps easily, except for Chrome which only installed after a few tries for some reason. Tablet itself is a bit heavier than my Samsung Tab 5e or iPad Air and the edges a but sharper than I like. But the screen quality is good and the 120Hz refresh rate is very smooth. Performance is snappy although I don't game so I should be happy with it for my casual usage.
Yours has 128 GB storage? Enough or not without the expandable storage feature? Cos I have tons of photos which eat up a lot of space...

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Yours has 128 GB storage? Enough or not without the expandable storage feature? Cos I have tons of photos which eat up a lot of space...
Enough for me since I mainly use cloud storage. But yes, one limitation is lack of external storage for some users.

AuraWind

Reaction score
Is there Netflix widevine L1?

runestyx

Reaction score
I think if you have used a Pixel you will be very comfortable with XM pad 5. Both does not have SD and HDMI out support.

jhleo1

Reaction score
Saw in reviews Netflix plays in SD only
Actually quite weird for this Netflix issue. XIaomi Mi Pad 5 (not pro) is widevine L1. Some can get widevine L1 in Netflix setting to display FUll HD but some only get L3 which end up SD mode only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.