Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use GWS 5th floor SLS... used them once to replace at Galaxy Tab S2 tablet battery... $60, battery standby life like new after that... still good today... replaced on Jan 2020... they might have the battery... otherwise buy one online and ask them to help you replace?
Thanks for the reply! Will go to SLS to check it out in a few days' time, expecting some deliveries from Amazon today and tomorrow....

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the battery change should be quite easy, as seen from the disassembly video.

what ROM are you all using at the moment?

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After removing 2 screws at the bottom, Mine was a bit tight to pry, i opened going in from the 3.5 mm audio jack area downwards. Dun need to unplug antenna cable. There are pull tabs to remove the battery from the tablet. Before you close back, power on the tablet to test your battery first.

Last edited:

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After removing 2 screws at the bottom, Mine was a bit tight to pry, i opened going in from the 3.5 mm audio jack area downwards. Dun need to unplug antenna cable. There are pull tabs to remove the battery from the tablet. Before you close back, power on the tablet to test your battery first.

it's so much easier than mipad 1/2, as it does not have a main board cover. mipad 1/2 has a main board cover, where you need to remove 10 over screws before you can disconnect the battery connector. mipad 4 has only 2 screws to remove the connector cover.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's so much easier than mipad 1/2, as it does not have a main board cover. mipad 1/2 has a main board cover, where you need to remove 10 over screws before you can disconnect the battery connector. mipad 4 has only 2 screws to remove the connector cover.
I also changed mipad 1 battery then I bricked it on flashing firmware cockup.

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also changed mipad 1 battery then I bricked it on flashing firmware cockup.

can you still access fastboot?

the 3 common issues for bricking it are never flash TOS, shield blob and partition.

I'm in the mipad1 telegram CG. it is often said that mipad 1 does not have any issues that cannot be solved.

even hard brick also can be saved by short circuiting the mSD connector.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you still access fastboot?

the 3 common issues for bricking it are never flash TOS, shield blob and partition.

I'm in the mipad1 telegram CG. it is often said that mipad 1 does not have any issues that cannot be solved.

even hard brick also can be saved by short circuiting the mSD connector.
Can i meet you and pass you to do? I really no idea

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Done the battery change already, not so simple as the vid would lead you to believe. Removing the back cover takes a lot of patience and effort as it is damn tight, the plastic removal kit that came with the battery is good for one battery change only, even broke one of the plastic piece. Also,, for my set, the original battery was glued onto the back of the assembly, I was wondering why it simply doesn't come off as easily as the vid.

I disconnected the Antenna though I don't see how it would block or prevent removal of battery. Now, my pointer finger hurts because of all the force I'd used on the plastic piece to pry open the case.....charging my Mi Pad 4 now, hopefully, battery is good for at least 2 years of usage, by then, I'd be ready to consider upgrading to a more powerful tablet.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Done the battery change already, not so simple as the vid would lead you to believe. Removing the back cover takes a lot of patience and effort as it is damn tight, the plastic removal kit that came with the battery is good for one battery change only, even broke one of the plastic piece. Also,, for my set, the original battery was glued onto the back of the assembly, I was wondering why it simply doesn't come off as easily as the vid.

I disconnected the Antenna though I don't see how it would block or prevent removal of battery. Now, my pointer finger hurts because of all the force I'd used on the plastic piece to pry open the case.....charging my Mi Pad 4 now, hopefully, battery is good for at least 2 years of usage, by then, I'd be ready to consider upgrading to a more powerful tablet.
Congratulations! At least you did it successfully... for me, I don't know if I have the patience to do it or not... ha ha... do update about the battery life and standby time... see if as good as new or not...

Slowdown

Reaction score

Many YT are staged to make it look easy. I recently watched many videos on how to change the bicycle bottom bracket. I bought the required tools as shown in many video. All the videos said it is not difficult to unscrew the bottom bracket. Just need a bit of force. I could not do it no matter how hard I tried. End up going to the shop and paid them $25. The boss laughing at me. So easy then they no business liao.

I have changed battery on tablet too. Needs a lot of patience.

eting72

Reaction score
gonna get a mipad 4 soon.

the market really lack 8 inch tablet.

at the moment, I have mipad 1 and 2 mipad 2. comparing the 2 models, I realised mipad 1 is so much better than the successor, and that is because released kernel source code.

with that, the online community will be able to keep updating the firmware even if it's EOLed.

just got to know that mipad 4 also has it's source code released, so decided to get one and try.
where can u get it?

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

are you using the sucker to pull the screen out?

the YouTuber probably had gone through the disassembly process at least once, which was why the battery is not sticking strongly to the frame.

if the battery is stuck to the main frame, you can just drop some alcohol in between it.

most phone nowadays uses quick removal tape.

Last edited:

Novalogy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hope they come out with a new 8" soon! My nvidia k1 really cannot make it already do what also lag.

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bro, I just have a go at taking out the back casing, and I must say it was really really tough!!

I gave up. ordered a big phone clamp opener and see whether it will help.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.