Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, I just have a go at taking out the back casing, and I must say it was really really tough!!

I gave up. ordered a big phone clamp opener and see whether it will help.
Really tough doesn't quite describe it, huh? It's more like damn near impossible. Took me a lot of time, effort and at the end, bruised fingers to pry it open. I can fully understand why you'd given up, I damn nearly did myself.

Reactions: eyz

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really tough doesn't quite describe it, huh? It's more like damn near impossible. Took me a lot of time, effort and at the end, bruised fingers to pry it open. I can fully understand why you'd given up, I damn nearly did myself.

yeah, near impossible. I have two sucker attached to the screen, pulling it with my finger, while other hand was using a pick to push out the frame, but it just doesn't open wide enough for me to slot the pick.

at least you succeeded. there isn't any tape inside, right? if so, I must say the build and connection is damn solid. I'm just waiting for my clamp opener and see whether it will help.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, near impossible. I have two sucker attached to the screen, pulling it with my finger, while other hand was using a pick to push out the frame, but it just doesn't open wide enough for me to slot the pick.

at least you succeeded. there isn't any tape inside, right? if so, I must say the build and connection is damn solid. I'm just waiting for my clamp opener and see whether it will help.
You wanna hear the best part? After fitting in the battery and closing the case, I'd then found the sticker strips (to stick the battery to the back of the assembly) and realized that I'd missed them! The thought of reopening the tablet to apply the stickers did not appeal to me, so I said, "Screw it!", and left it as it is. IIRC, there was much movement with the battery in place anyway, so I believe that it wasn't 100% necessary. Do remember to stick the battery to the assembly when you (hopefully) have yours opened.

wizardundo

Reaction score
I broke my fingernails on December 2019 trying to open the case to change battery.
All the tools that came with the battery broke. In the end, I bought this tool to help me break open.
c61d8944dd3443f3924caf4284fa4934d12d55dc_original.jpeg

Tool is good but need patient. If not like me, many many scratches on the casing. (I think the metal tool is also slightly bent lol)

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You wanna hear the best part? After fitting in the battery and closing the case, I'd then found the sticker strips (to stick the battery to the back of the assembly) and realized that I'd missed them! The thought of reopening the tablet to apply the stickers did not appeal to me, so I said, "Screw it!", and left it as it is. IIRC, there was much movement with the battery in place anyway, so I believe that it wasn't 100% necessary. Do remember to stick the battery to the assembly when you (hopefully) have yours opened.

my tool came, but the clearance isn't wide enough to open the casing.

I tried from the side, it seems that the screen is being pull out from the frame.

I gave up.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lau eh, looks like I lucked out with my attempt to change battery by actually being able to change the battery in the first place! Really damn hard I must admit, and I don't think I'd have bothered again should the new battery turn out to be a dud, which (thankfully) it isn't.

I was actually contemplating a Samsung 3/32 j+ mSD slot tablet I had seen at Challenger (would have ordered online coz cheaper). Fortunate the successful battery change for my Mi Pad 4 has spared me the extra expenditure.

• Haha
Reactions: eyz

eyz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After removing 2 screws at the bottom, Mine was a bit tight to pry, i opened going in from the 3.5 mm audio jack area downwards. Dun need to unplug antenna cable. There are pull tabs to remove the battery from the tablet. Before you close back, power on the tablet to test your battery first.

I think I'll have another go from the top.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.