Xperia Arco S

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
hah yalor bro ballon
but if u still need a phone acro s still good lah
unless the person willing to pay for quad core
like lg HTC one x or Sammy hahhaa


I m now moving towards one x
hope Sony will Buck up faster

You going for one x? A9 cores? Go for one s or one xl better.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
You going for one x? A9 cores? Go for one s or one xl better.

ya i know one X is on a older quad and tegra3

tegra4 and new quad only in 2013 lor from htc

one s and XL errr
one s looks eeky
XL more 100$ extra

i try the One X overall speed is ok to me
more like getting it for its camera lor
and a gimped 16gb

toobad htc cant upgrade its storage
plus inbuilt battery
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
ya i know one X is on a older quad and tegra3

tegra4 and new quad only in 2013 lor from htc

one s and XL errr
one s looks eeky
XL more 100$ extra

i try the One X overall speed is ok to me
more like getting it for its camera lor
and a gimped 16gb

toobad htc cant upgrade its storage
plus inbuilt battery

Oh yeah, one s really looks bad with its design, plus there is no other colors to choose.

Htc design is nothing to brag about, I guess the same for its camera too.

Not to guess, this is another of your 'come-and-go' phones to wait for the next 'best' phone. :D
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Oh yeah, one s really looks bad with its design, plus there is no other colors to choose.

Htc design is nothing to brag about, I guess the same for its camera too.

Not to guess, this is another of your 'come-and-go' phones to wait for the next 'best' phone. :D

agreeed
sony too slow to come out new model well put it simply high end
nexus 7 seem tempting but no 3g option
maybe ipad mini hahaha
 

kentgh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2001
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1
Just found out that Xperia with ICS does not have Wifi Direct :(:(:(

Why Sony Why??? :(:(:(
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Just found out that Xperia with ICS does not have Wifi Direct :(:(:(

Why Sony Why??? :(:(:(

sony will alwsya be slow lor
if u want more faster impremmeations
go for u know too hahah
sony got its strong point actually even its got ti weak point like slower in lauchhing new products
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
sony will alwsya be slow lor
if u want more faster impremmeations
go for u know too hahah
sony got its strong point actually even its got ti weak point like slower in lauchhing new products

See the wide spread of different phones from sony, they just want to cater to different types of users. And to satisfy everyone, it takes a lot of time.

At least they deliver promises and hopes, albeit a bit slow. :D
 

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
6,345
Reaction score
220
we forgot one point. at least Sony's low-end phones (Xperia U, Neo L, Go, the upcoming Miro/Tipo whatever) are USABLE. Samsung may be really good with their S3 and flagship models but their low-end phones make me wanna kill them... horror days of using Galaxy Y... tsk
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
SingTel Hello Shop Island Wide No Stock

I have trying to get the Acro S since Thurs (16 Aug) at the SingTel Hello Shop as I want to renew my iTwo Plus but to my horror, it is still out of stock for both black and white.

IIRC it was launched only last week and already no stock?! So many people buy meh? Everytime i turn my head i see iPhones and SGS3. Still ye to see some1 holding the Acro S.

I was so so tempted to get the SGS3 to replace my current POS SGS1. Don't know how long i can tahan waiting. I really want a baby-proof (water resisant) phone as my wife and I are expecting our 1st newborn in T-65days.

I have heard too many stories about phone being water/saliva damage during the 1st 2 years. Though I always have Otterbox cases for all my past 3 smartphones, this will be my 1st time without a Otterbox case for the Acro S (if I were to manage to buy it).

Any advise if I should wait any longer? Or should I just get the SGS3/HTC One XL (& a Otterbox case ;p)
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
no idea too maybe local telco don't stock enough acro as compare to hotcakes s3 lor
one XL wise hmm beware it battery life is sucks if compare to s3

even I use s3 I feel it batteu life is one of the best

depend on your needs s3 strong in performance

one x or XL is solid built with better camera but cui battery and non expandable memory

acro is solid built xsn upgrade memory but battery life os not as strong as xperis s

but acro s alos desont means u can throw around hahaha

means if u want to abush use best get a ottobox hahaha in the end

did u try other singtel or Telco?
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
no idea too maybe local telco don't stock enough acro as compare to hotcakes s3 lor
one XL wise hmm beware it battery life is sucks if compare to s3

even I use s3 I feel it batteu life is one of the best

depend on your needs s3 strong in performance

one x or XL is solid built with better camera but cui battery and non expandable memory

acro is solid built xsn upgrade memory but battery life os not as strong as xperis s

but acro s alos desont means u can throw around hahaha

means if u want to abush use best get a ottobox hahaha in the end

did u try other singtel or Telco?

I can't try other SingTel shops as my line is a corporate line so can only buy at SingTel Hello Shop.

So it looks like as per my guess, weighing the diff between Acro S and SGS3. I am so tempted to by SGS3. But I know for sure that Acro S will survive better, at least for the 1st 2 yrs of my baby.

I am surprise that you said the Acro S batt is worse than Xperia S. I thought specs wise they are of the same except for the protection?
 
Last edited:

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I can't try other SingTel shops as my line is a corporate line so can only buy at SingTel Hello Shop.

So it looks like as per my guess, weighing the diff between Acro S and SGS3. I am so tempted to by SGS3. But I know for sure that Acro S will survive better, at least for the 1st 2 yrs of my baby.

I am surprise that you said the Acro S batt is worse than Xperia S. I thought specs wise they are of the same except for the protection?

u go google for it
it stated in black and white
but if u want o be more sure best ask a acro S user lor

ya i mean go ask otherss hello shop
whole of singapore hahah
hello shop got quite afew shop around island too
unless they say all hello shop no stock then u lan lan then u consider lor
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
ok i gogle for u liao

Sony Xperia acro S vs. Sony Xperia S - GSMArena.com

take a look yourself

Thanks for the link, though I already known about it. I guess it must be the capabilities of microSDHC card and Bluetooth 3.0 that makes the differences? Even with the battery about 150mAh more, the Acro S was rated worse that Xperia S. Still don't understand why?

I confirm with 1688 (SingTel) that the Acro S is out of stock in ALL Hello shops.

Hopefully by next week there are new stock, and hopefully the desktop charger is still available.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Thanks for the link, though I already known about it. I guess it must be the capabilities of microSDHC card and Bluetooth 3.0 that makes the differences? Even with the battery about 150mAh more, the Acro S was rated worse that Xperia S. Still don't understand why?

I confirm with 1688 (SingTel) that the Acro S is out of stock in ALL Hello shops.

Hopefully by next week there are new stock, and hopefully the desktop charger is still available.

The best reason for anyone to get acro s is for its design and arguably the best smartphone for its water-resistant and dust-resistant category.

But of course, msd card slot and bluetooth 3.0 are pluses.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the link, though I already known about it. I guess it must be the capabilities of microSDHC card and Bluetooth 3.0 that makes the differences? Even with the battery about 150mAh more, the Acro S was rated worse that Xperia S. Still don't understand why?

I confirm with 1688 (SingTel) that the Acro S is out of stock in ALL Hello shops.

Hopefully by next week there are new stock, and hopefully the desktop charger is still available.
wow soo good sales meh
did u ask them is it due to they didnt bring neough stock or it limited stock hahah

ya i aslo puzzled by it too on paper it say acro s battery more worst than xperia S which is surpciing

even its got bluetooth 3.0 or whatever i dont think it warrent a lower by alot of battery life

well goodluck to u and keep us updated
on the battery life as it seem still not mich user who got acro s yet
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Thanks for the link, though I already known about it. I guess it must be the capabilities of microSDHC card and Bluetooth 3.0 that makes the differences? Even with the battery about 150mAh more, the Acro S was rated worse that Xperia S. Still don't understand why?

I confirm with 1688 (SingTel) that the Acro S is out of stock in ALL Hello shops.

Hopefully by next week there are new stock, and hopefully the desktop charger is still available.

Dun worry. The charging dock will still be in package...
 

Spock

Master Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
2,743
Reaction score
0
I have trying to get the Acro S since Thurs (16 Aug) at the SingTel Hello Shop as I want to renew my iTwo Plus but to my horror, it is still out of stock for both black and white.

IIRC it was launched only last week and already no stock?! So many people buy meh? Everytime i turn my head i see iPhones and SGS3. Still ye to see some1 holding the Acro S.

I was so so tempted to get the SGS3 to replace my current POS SGS1. Don't know how long i can tahan waiting. I really want a baby-proof (water resisant) phone as my wife and I are expecting our 1st newborn in T-65days.

I have heard too many stories about phone being water/saliva damage during the 1st 2 years. Though I always have Otterbox cases for all my past 3 smartphones, this will be my 1st time without a Otterbox case for the Acro S (if I were to manage to buy it).

Any advise if I should wait any longer? Or should I just get the SGS3/HTC One XL (& a Otterbox case ;p)

I can attest to the fact that many people have bought acro s, as my cases for acro s are also in higher demand than ion. Wonder why ion like nobody buy??? :s11:
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
good to know acro is high demand
over ion
looks Ike ppls know ion is a old last yr model hahaha even its a larger screen
 

devilzsky

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Quite ex buying it off contract, asked a few neighborhood shops ard 650 - 668. Compared to whymobile and mobsq selling it at 600. Any other good places to purchase in near bedok at good price?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top