Xperia Pro I

altca4

Reaction score
Top is XPi, bottom is P6.
Weird... Did you cropped the picture? We are looking at their main lens?
I'm looking at my p6p and Xpi side by side now.
Xpi's main lens is wider than p6p's for sure.
Is p6's main that wide, even more so than p6p and Xpi? 🤔

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
Weird... Did you cropped the picture? We are looking at their main lens?
I'm looking at my p6p and Xpi side by side now.
Xpi's main lens is wider than p6p's for sure.
Is p6's main that wide, even more so than p6p and Xpi? 🤔
Nope I didnt. Maybe xpi resolution wasn’t set correctly. I just take and shoot.

altca4

Reaction score
Sorry...I found the wrong guesses and accompanying explanation quite hilarious...:s13:
Why apologize? For the potential that you’ll offend or the intention 😏
Lol, non taken, actually. Chill lah, you don’t have to be forgiven.

There’s no explanation given yet. Just trying to establishing the settings/facts for apple to apple comparison as there are so many variables. Then again, should we bother?
Since I have both the proi and 6Pro. It’s like an exciting battle between the epitome of computation & traditional smartphone photography!

Glad that it’s entertaining for at least one audience though, lol
At the same time, I also find it funny that you have to apologize 😆

Last edited:

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score

my noob contribution.
is there a way to close all the aps at once by one click?

connected

Reaction score
Not sure is it the same as my cheap X10M3, but tab on the right side button which bring up all the Apps that are currently running in the background, swipe all the way to the left side, there should be "Close All" option.

altca4

Reaction score
Not sure is it the same as my cheap X10M3, but tab on the right side button which bring up all the Apps that are currently running in the background, swipe all the way to the left side, there should be "Close All" option.
Yesh, you are spot on!

altca4

Reaction score
I was clearing leave and went on 2 lunch dates with the wifey.

So its day time photos:
1)On Monday, I was fully on XPi, RAW only for images.
-1st glance, the over exposure is omg so jialat for those strong sun lighted scene and it forces me to plan my shots more (actually its ok, its RAW after all)
-so I have to spend 3-5minutes on LR for every images moving on, got more efficient after 3 images
-the results are very satisfying
-they felt so natural and so alike a proper camera images (I have 2 underused cameras, OMD 1iii and Alpha 1. Its tougher on the time side of things with work and young kids)
-the f4 aperture is really good for food shots to prevent over-depth of field

2)Today afternoon, I was fully on P6p, only JPEG
-every shot is super HDRed
-pretty sharp and quite noiseless
-so easy to point and shot that it forces me to not plan my shot (no need, just bother with the framing!)

After action review:
-I was quite mind blown... why so?
-I was so irritated by the super over processed p6p images after messing around with XPi's on the previous day
-the more i see and compare, the more swoon I got for the natural shots, no joke man...

In comparison:
-due to the stronger and aggressive multi stacking of P6P,
-the pixel images are mostly sharper,
-more detailed
-less noisy
-over balanced (in fact too well and got so artificial) lightings
-taking a p6p shot is quite no brainer point and shoot and viola, cool shot! (but very processed, I used to be very ok with this)
-XPi shots win in the auto focus, tracking and burst shot
-technically, we can multi stack XPi images manually but that is way too much effort imo & I will not even consider that
-in this scenarios where they is no unnecessary fidgeting since its my Mrs and our food (& not my usual target of young kids and dog)
-the XPi images seemed to be losing on the image quality side (especially if you pixel peep)

The big however is that
-I actually prefer the post LR edited XPi shots most of the time
-as they are so natural
-the imperfections of having a bit more grains and noises and manageable (via RAW edit) contrast-y over or under exposure actually adds on a whole level of flavor to the shots given
-I truly enjoyed planning the shots compared to point point click click (the planning actually do not take that much time either once you get the hang of it or you are already experienced in the 1st place)
-the artistic superiority is wining the on paper superiority IMO
(the XPi actually urge me to bring our the Alpha 1 but that is one heavy beast lol)

To be honest, I am very surprised to come at this conclusion!
Once again, the above 2 session are in day time and in room/restaurant lighting conditions.
I have not really done any night shots yet.

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
oops u r right. Thanks a lot!

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
I was clearing leave and went on 2 lunch dates with the wifey.

So its day time photos:
1)On Monday, I was fully on XPi, RAW only for images.
-1st glance, the over exposure is omg so jialat for those strong sun lighted scene and it forces me to plan my shots more (actually its ok, its RAW after all)
-so I have to spend 3-5minutes on LR for every images moving on, got more efficient after 3 images
-the results are very satisfying
-they felt so natural and so alike a proper camera images (I have 2 underused cameras, OMD 1iii and Alpha 1. Its tougher on the time side of things with work and young kids)
-the f4 aperture is really good for food shots to prevent over-depth of field

2)Today afternoon, I was fully on P6p, only JPEG
-every shot is super HDRed
-pretty sharp and quite noiseless
-so easy to point and shot that it forces me to not plan my shot (no need, just bother with the framing!)

After action review:
-I was quite mind blown... why so?
-I was so irritated by the super over processed p6p images after messing around with XPi's on the previous day
-the more i see and compare, the more swoon I got for the natural shots, no joke man...

In comparison:
-due to the stronger and aggressive multi stacking of P6P,
-the pixel images are mostly sharper,
-more detailed
-less noisy
-over balanced (in fact too well and got so artificial) lightings
-taking a p6p shot is quite no brainer point and shoot and viola, cool shot! (but very processed, I used to be very ok with this)
-XPi shots win in the auto focus, tracking and burst shot
-technically, we can multi stack XPi images manually but that is way too much effort imo & I will not even consider that
-in this scenarios where they is no unnecessary fidgeting since its my Mrs and our food (& not my usual target of young kids and dog)
-the XPi images seemed to be losing on the image quality side (especially if you pixel peep)

The big however is that
-I actually prefer the post LR edited XPi shots most of the time
-as they are so natural
-the imperfections of having a bit more grains and noises and manageable (via RAW edit) contrast-y over or under exposure actually adds on a whole level of flavor to the shots given
-I truly enjoyed planning the shots compared to point point click click (the planning actually do not take that much time either once you get the hang of it or you are already experienced in the 1st place)
-the artistic superiority is wining the on paper superiority IMO
(the XPi actually urge me to bring our the Alpha 1 but that is one heavy beast lol)

To be honest, I am very surprised to come at this conclusion!
Once again, the above 2 session are in day time and in room/restaurant lighting conditions.
I have not really done any night shots yet.
i have an olympus em1 sitting around too. only bring out during holidays and stay cay, cant really capture my girl well

btw did u stick a protector on the lens?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Westgate to try the phone. Does this phone work well with the tracetogether points? Previously I used x5ii and most of the time can't detect the tracetogether device at entry points.

Took a quick shot. Overall impression is the details are very good, maybe very fine details are lost but don't think it'll be noticeable at normal viewing size. Seems like the camera tend to exhibit a magenta tint.

Sony Pro I vs Samsung flip 3 gcam

3dsULbc.jpg

5YmL9FC.jpg

bFu2XFv.jpg

b1MiNaQ.jpg

46wKEdn.jpg

qVDehLN.jpg

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
One plus software manager praise xperia pro I haha

Here, Mr. Zhu Kaishu is a software product manager of the smartphone brand "OnePlus". It's a big fun to upload 10 or more photos taken by yourself.

1.jpg

"The Xperia Pro-I is a smartphone that makes you want to take a picture with your hand. The picture looks like this, but video playback is the biggest surprise."

https://smhn.info/202112-sony-believer-in-china-love-xperia-pro-i

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Would have expected better cooling with the engineers knowing how hot the sd888....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.