YouTrip for Taipei

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
how come after 15 june money stuck in youtrip?:unsure:
If u put in a lot like thousands $ to atm out after 15 June, then you either suck it and pay 2% to draw them out or stuck there until u slowly draw out without charges or pay for goods/services.

Eg last year, I changed and stored a lot of yen in youtrip to draw them out when I am in Japan. I will feel cheated if the 2% was introduced when I have so much yen in it. I'd have to pay a lot more service fees to draw them out.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
If u put in a lot like thousands $ to atm out after 15 June, then you either suck it and pay 2% to draw them out or stuck there until u slowly draw out without charges or pay for goods/services.
it's a debit card, max S$3000. u can always convert back to SGD
Eg last year, I changed and stored a lot of yen in youtrip to draw them out when I am in Japan. I will feel cheated if the 2% was introduced when I have so much yen in it. I'd have to pay a lot more service fees to draw them out.
u store yen to lock on good fx rate right? so just pay by card. S$3000 very easy gone in Japan. why need to withdraw in yen?
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
it's a debit card, max S$3000. u can always convert back to SGD

u store yen to lock on good fx rate right? so just pay by card. S$3000 very easy gone in Japan. why need to withdraw in yen?
Not everywhere in Japan accepts cc. Unless of course u shop in malls and eat atas restaurants only.

3k may not be a lot to you but it is to me. So dun come here and show off pls. Everyone has different definition of money.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
Not everywhere in Japan accepts cc. Unless of course u shop in malls and eat atas restaurants only.
unless u go rural area, cc accepted in most places.
3k may not be a lot to you but it is to me. So dun come here and show off pls. Everyone has different definition of money.
not show off, just stating fact. japan is not a cheap country for budget travel. if u don't spend so much, why convert & store so much?
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
unless u go rural area, cc accepted in most places.

not show off, just stating fact. japan is not a cheap country for budget travel. if u don't spend so much, why convert & store so much?

You go Tokyo stn and visit those eateries. Most do not accept cc, including famous ones. This is just one example.

I withdraw them to spend. If not how to spend in shops that do not accept cc?
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
You go Tokyo stn and visit those eateries. Most do not accept cc, including famous ones. This is just one example.

I withdraw them to spend. If not how to spend in shops that do not accept cc?
yes some still don't accept cc. but u still be able find one that accept cc easily in cities, so won't go hungry.

I'm referring about money being stuck in youtrip like u said. since we can still convert back SGD for cc spending back home, so shouldn't be big issue right?
 
Last edited:

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
yes some still don't accept cc. but u still be able find one that accept cc easily in cities, so won't go hungry.

I'm referring about money being stuck in youtrip like u said. since we can still convert back SGD for cc spending back home, so shouldn't be big issue right?
Why do I want to eat something I do not desire just so that I can use cc? Cash is still king in Japan. Top up suica also use cash only.

I will use other cc to spend in sg. Why use a card that gives little to no benefits when other cc gives rebates?
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Why do I want to eat something I do not desire just so that I can use cc? Cash is still king in Japan. Top up suica also use cash only.

I will use other cc to spend in sg. Why use a card that gives little to no benefits when other cc gives rebates?
You may want to use your youtrip to buy some amazon credits?
Then you can get your stuff shipped from there as well.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Well if you have a lot of $ in youtrip now, better to withdraw them before 15 June, else the money may be stuck there.:(😞
As of now, my youtrip inside not much money.
Will attempt to withdraw so that got some money next trip.
Well depends on exchange rate as well.

Today: Your transaction amount of 1,000.00 SGD = 22,883.80 TWD in your card currency.
So withdrawal is decent amount as compared to money changer at 22.4 at best.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
In Taiwan, many places will accept CC.
Even my last SQ AMEX conversion was similar to Youtrip, and JUNE has double overseas points!
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
As of now, my youtrip inside not much money.
Will attempt to withdraw so that got some money next trip.
Well depends on exchange rate as well.

Today: Your transaction amount of 1,000.00 SGD = 22,883.80 TWD in your card currency.
So withdrawal is decent amount as compared to money changer at 22.4 at best.
hope it rebound higher... lol... everytime in June, SGD is so weak against TWD... LOL... Few days back only 22.6... :p
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
As of now, my youtrip inside not much money.
Will attempt to withdraw so that got some money next trip.
Well depends on exchange rate as well.

Today: Your transaction amount of 1,000.00 SGD = 22,883.80 TWD in your card currency.
So withdrawal is decent amount as compared to money changer at 22.4 at best.
22.80 is indeed good rates. Hopefully by year end it will hit 23.xx or 24? Haha.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,246
Reaction score
9,009
In Taiwan, many places will accept CC.
Even my last SQ AMEX conversion was similar to Youtrip, and JUNE has double overseas points!
Depends on where one spend right? I dun buy stuff, I eat only. So even some buffet restaurants accept cash only due to using promotion.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
Why do I want to eat something I do not desire just so that I can use cc? Cash is still king in Japan. Top up suica also use cash only.

I will use other cc to spend in sg. Why use a card that gives little to no benefits when other cc gives rebates?
liddat no choice lo since ownself block other possible outflow path :crazy:
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,248
Reaction score
4,854
It's my money. I spend according to my likings. Guess only those with enough cash can do it. Pathetic to those who has to adapt.
yeah it's your money so just spend as you wish. just glad youtrip topup not stuck for me.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top