YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,955
Reaction score
4,623
a pitstop of $150k. +$50k over 14 mths thanks to Google again :s12:

how are u doing?
Thanks for remembering me

my portfolio ath was in October, and I made the mistake of cashing all out for the September fear, but reentered into bad counters and got wipe out back to my capital

January slowly recovering and managed to cash out profit of 5k in March to fund my hobby purchase…

so now I am waiting for more recovery especially in Microsoft and united health… any bounce back in oracle and bmnr shall be a bonus for me…
 

ah_leetw

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2000
Messages
2,983
Reaction score
19
Thanks for remembering me

my portfolio ath was in October, and I made the mistake of cashing all out for the September fear, but reentered into bad counters and got wipe out back to my capital

January slowly recovering and managed to cash out profit of 5k in March to fund my hobby purchase…

so now I am waiting for more recovery especially in Microsoft and united health… any bounce back in oracle and bmnr shall be a bonus for me…
Haha... i tot i'm alone.

i'm same as u!!! same path same fate... lol. I added fair bit into crypto also.

I sold UHO last week which i have gained abit and bought Micron and DRAM
 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,290
Reaction score
5,559
I posted about the $400M story here.
The initial investment was only $88k.

https://www.binance.com/en/square/post/15110060432113

From $415 Million to Zero: The Shocking Collapse of Canadian Trader Christopher DeVocht

From Millionaire to Broke: The Rise and Fall of Christopher DeVocht

Initial Investment: Christopher DeVocht, a former Canadian carpenter, invested $88,000 in the stock market after health issues forced him to leave his trade.

Rapid Wealth Growth: By the age of 30, DeVocht's wealth soared to $26 million, largely due to investments in Tesla shares and options.

Peak Portfolio Value: In late 2021, as Tesla's stock price surged, DeVocht’s portfolio hit a peak value of $415 million.

Introduction to Margin Trading: Recognizing his growing wealth, RBC Dominion Securities assigned financial advisers to DeVocht, who introduced him to a margin account, allowing him to borrow money to increase his market exposure.

Lifestyle and Charity: During this period of financial success, DeVocht lived a life of luxury and made a $17 million donation to charity.

Market Downturn in 2022: As Tesla's value dropped and the overall stock market crashed, DeVocht’s wealth began to evaporate.

Risky Trading and Mounting Losses: To cover his losses, DeVocht engaged in increasingly risky trades and was forced to sell Tesla shares to pay off loans tied to his margin account.

Financial Collapse: By October 2023, DeVocht had lost everything, filing a lawsuit against RBC Dominion Securities on October 1. He claims the firm failed to provide proper financial advice and exposed him to excessive risks with the margin account, leading to his financial ruin.

Takeaway: DeVocht’s story is a powerful reminder of how quickly fortunes can change in the volatile stock market. His rise and fall illustrate the dangers of risky trading and overexposure through margin accounts.

--------------

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rbc-bank-tesla-investor-advice-9.7025751

Bank denies allegations it gave bad advice to Tesla investor who lost $415M​

RBC says Christopher DeVocht did not heed advice to diversify and divest his multi-million dollar portfolio​

 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,290
Reaction score
5,559
Vanguard Total World Stock ETF-0.96%
Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF+0.11%
Vanguard S&P 500 ETF-3.65%
Invesco QQQ Trust-8.94%
iShares MSCI All Country Asia ex Japan ETF+2.05%

YTD returns of US ETFs.

- AI stocks are rationalizing its valuation
- value stocks trump growth stocks
- globally diversified funds, as always, are a good deal and this time is flat
- US is underperforming the world
The stats are beginning to show, it's just semicon that's outperforming.

HJLvJ9HbsAEfbwd
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,764
Reaction score
556
sk hynix to the moon. who here buy kopsi index etf?
I have EWY. But only a few thousand dollars. It has more than 2X only recently. Also most emerging market fund/ETF would have high weightage of TSMC, Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix eg. Amundi Emerging Markets fund, which would have benefitted tremendously as well.
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
The stats are beginning to show, it's just semicon that's outperforming.

HJLvJ9HbsAEfbwd

Thanks for the chart; much appreciated.

There're 2 funds that I've that have major EM components.

I've 20,000 shares of iShares Asia ex Japan ETF (9010.HK). It has exceeded the Phillip APAC Dividend REIT ETF (BYI.SI) that I've replaced by 146k SGD. Lucky me, I'm pretty grateful for the blessing! LOL!

I've a small position in Amundi EM Unit Trust (~104 units) in my CPFIS. There's a small profit of 3k SGD. I'm currently DCA-ing into this fund using my CPF OA.

I prefer EM and am pretty wary of World Index funds cos of the high valuation caused by US big tech. 20 years ago, EM is highly volatile. However, the difference in volatility between World index and EM has not been great for over past 10 years.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
eCrTftS.png

May 2026 performance. Glad that my portfolio recovered somewhat, but S&P500 seems unstoppable.... 😅
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,764
Reaction score
556
Thanks for the chart; much appreciated.

There're 2 funds that I've that have major EM components.

I've 20,000 shares of iShares Asia ex Japan ETF (9010.HK). It has exceeded the Phillip APAC Dividend REIT ETF (BYI.SI) that I've replaced by 146k SGD. Lucky me, I'm pretty grateful for the blessing! LOL!

I've a small position in Amundi EM Unit Trust (~104 units) in my CPFIS. There's a small profit of 3k SGD. I'm currently DCA-ing into this fund using my CPF OA.

I prefer EM and am pretty wary of World Index funds cos of the high valuation caused by US big tech. 20 years ago, EM is highly volatile. However, the difference in volatility between World index and EM has not been great for over past 10 years.
I have been RSP-ing 3010.HK ETF which is MSCI Asia ex Japan ETF in FSMOne.
Top 3 holdings of the ETF:
(1) TSMC
(2) Samsung
(3) SK Hynix
😅
While majority of rest of the world is focusing on US memory counters MU and SNDK, pple who have been DCA-ing into emerging markets funds / ETFs are quietly riding the memory wave as well. For chips there's TSMC in there as well while the rest is focused on Nvidia/AMD/Intel etc.
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,955
Reaction score
4,623
i am glad my US portfolio hit 6.88% YTD after having went down to -20% for a long time this year

there were many missed opportunities including on SGX front but i will control my spending and chanel more funds into both portfolios
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
TSMC weightage quite high

TSMC forward PE is not crazily high, it is still reasonable IMO. There is no reason to be worried about having more of this company. AMD is now the lead customer for their most advanced tech node so TSMC doesn't have to rely on Apple for their most advanced tech node, they have more leverage on their customers so this is a company in a very good position. I am going to take some profits from AMD to put back into TSMC.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top