Velton
Great Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2000
- Messages
- 55,847
- Reaction score
- 6,309
When creating High Sulphur fund?Got to learn from the master
When creating High Sulphur fund?Got to learn from the master
Really no point comparing as we are all operating on different risk profile. I'm pretty sure someone who is getting a 50% to 100% return is working harder and having (slightly) more stress than a passive investor who just want to keep in line with market returns. Otherwise that person should have presented himself to any decent hedge fund and earn multiple of that he is earningI am impressed that Bunny made $1m it in 4 months, it took me the whole of 2025 to make $1m capital gains.
I not sure if I will be able to repeat this in 2026 as I am only +4% so far, so need to learn from those who are more successful investors what I need to do....![]()
Is a good fund to have..I have a fund
whisky fund
When creating High Sulphur fund?
Well I'm just going steady with annual return in line with global market. Happy with 8%We are all going to be rich![]()
We are all going to be rich![]()
can look at IGLN, which is domiciled in Ireland, so you will not get hit with estate tax like GLDM/GLD.GLDM has extremely low expense ratio - good for buy-and-hold for the long term.
GLD has high volume, so bid/ask spread is favorable - good for short-term speculation or hedging by jewelry merchants where you want to keep round trip costs minimal.
To each of your own.
Proper way is to judge by actual returns achieved.The only poor people are those "cash is king", "debt free to sleep well at night". "Warchest waiting for big drop". That's why Singapore property price continue to be high, COE price continue to be high.
Proper way is to judge by actual returns achieved.
The average annualised IRR or ROIC for Singapore residential property with close to max permitted loan is approx 15% (assuming annual property price appreciation is fluctuating around 3% to 5%).
Since Singapore residential property is considered the safest bet, then only poor people are those whose ROIC is <15% per year.
- people with zero investments: 0% gains
- bond investors with IRR 3% (this includes CPF accounts)
- stock investors DCA into SP500 with IRR 10%
- REITS and property investors with IRR 5% because buy wrong time REITS or wrong property (like The Sail) - what's the point of leveraging with debt when capital gains is too slow or capital destruction occurs?
Wait, you calculated property gain with leverage wrongly? I assumed all interest paid by rental. That is the most optimistic case, while you calculated gains with zero rental collected thus total interest payment needs to be deducted from capital gains after sale.I am not comparing the type of investments, I am actually just comparing those who are investing and those who hug cash, detest mortgage loan, procrastinators.
You can only make decent returns on property with debt, leverage. Those who don't take on debt how to make decent returns on property?
I just check the past 10years property index, yearly gain about 4.4%, average interest rate about 2% so net gain is actually 2.4%. You can leverage 4x but need to pay back mortgage so assume 2.5x leverage, ROIC is about 6% only. S&P500 past 10 years is >15% ROIC in comparison, FYI.
IMO, investing in the index is still the most reasonable way to get a decent returns, no need to worry about mortgage payment. Property investment is speculative in nature, it's more like picking stocks to buy IMO. Only some part of the property market is going up more and making headlines but the true fact is it's not attractive enough to make it worth the efforts. I mean even STI index which is not very volatile are giving you >8% over past 10 years. The fact is all those who invested their money in equities, property are getting richer over the past decade and that is why COE/property price is going up. Those who got no investments and only keep cash are those who are getting poorer, that's my point.
Wait, you calculated property gain with leverage wrongly? I assumed all interest paid by rental. That is the most optimistic case, while you calculated gains with zero rental collected thus total interest payment needs to be deducted from capital gains after sale.
The only poor people are those "cash is king", "debt free to sleep well at night". "Warchest waiting for big drop". That's why Singapore property price continue to be high, COE price continue to be high.
Savings and investment returnshow did you manage to get your port up to 7m ?!
am the same age as you and the entirety of my liquid assets are 10% of your 5 Jan portfolio value
Currently working in one with US$14T AUMReally no point comparing as we are all operating on different risk profile. I'm pretty sure someone who is getting a 50% to 100% return is working harder and having (slightly) more stress than a passive investor who just want to keep in line with market returns. Otherwise that person should have presented himself to any decent hedge fund and earn multiple of that he is earning
Blackrock. LOL!Currently working in one with US$14T AUM![]()